ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gh xplorer fret issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmx6454  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: gh xplorer fret issue Reply with quote

recently, seemingly out of nowhere, the green and blue frets of my wired xplorer became unresponsive. they worked, but i had to press REALLY REALLY hard on them. after opening it up, cleaning everything, including the fret board and contacts, and rubber piece, i finally resorted to sanding (CAREFULLY), SANDING down the board to bare copper, due to my last idea being that a friend suggested oxidation. to my surprise, this worked... but not well enough. its playable, but it still drops the notes if im not SLAMMING down on the buttons. any other possible solutions would be great, this guitar is driving me crazy... thanks in advance.
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: gh xplorer fret issue Reply with quote

bmx6454 wrote:
recently, seemingly out of nowhere, the green and blue frets of my wired xplorer became unresponsive. they worked, but i had to press REALLY REALLY hard on them. after opening it up, cleaning everything, including the fret board and contacts, and rubber piece, i finally resorted to sanding (CAREFULLY), SANDING down the board to bare copper, due to my last idea being that a friend suggested oxidation. to my surprise, this worked... but not well enough. its playable, but it still drops the notes if im not SLAMMING down on the buttons. any other possible solutions would be great, this guitar is driving me crazy... thanks in advance.

My guess is it's losing contact somewhere along there. My advice would be looking very carefully for it, then re-soldering the connection. Aside from that, there's really nothing else you can do short of getting another xplorer, or finding one with working frets that had a dead strum bar and switching out it's fretboard with yours (painstaking, but doable).
bmx6454  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did resolder the connections, and now.... now frets work at all, and neither does the left button... any clues as to what i fried? i shorted the connections on the fret board....
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmx6454 wrote:
i did resolder the connections, and now.... now frets work at all, and neither does the left button... any clues as to what i fried? i shorted the connections on the fret board....

It's more than possible you shorted out the fret board entirely. If that's the case, which really appears to be the case, you'll need to get another guitar, or another fret board. Another guitar would be easier, but if you like your guitar enough to not want to get rid of it, good luck with replacing the fret board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: