ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do you properly glitch the extended sustains in Beautiful Mourning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: How do you properly glitch the extended sustains in Beautifu Reply with quote

There are some weird extended sustains in this song. Here is the chart http://pathhero.codemann8.com/view.php?path=2657

For example, at the really long one beginning in measure 168, am I supposed to just play every sustain normally until the final yellow one, then perform the glitch there? My score is pretty pathetic, and I am hitting every squeeze; I am even getting an extra 200 points on the last activation than in this path.

Thanks
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you just start glitching immediately. If I'm correct you should get a burst at the end of every sustain, and will get 1725 points for it. Whereas if you just glitch the last yellow I'd predict a burst of 550. Of course you have to be careful to get the end of every sustain, else you'll lose glitched bursts.

THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
I believe you just start glitching immediately. If I'm correct you should get a burst at the end of every sustain, and will get 1725 points for it. Whereas if you just glitch the last yellow I'd predict a burst of 550. Of course you have to be careful to get the end of every sustain, else you'll lose glitched bursts.

Wow you were definitely right. I easily got a pretty good score after taking your advice. If you don't mind me asking, how did you do the calculation for that? I think I understand that every sustain after the intial red starts gives a burst, but it's a series of smaller bursts which add up to more than the large burst of simply waiting until the final sustain?
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Wow you were definitely right. I easily got a pretty good score after taking your advice. If you don't mind me asking, how did you do the calculation for that? I think I understand that every sustain after the initial red starts gives a burst, but it's a series of smaller bursts which add up to more than the large burst of simply waiting until the final sustain?

Not quite. The last burst will still be just as big as it would be whether you waited that long or not.

If you have dropped lower sustains before hitting one, then the game will keep that in mind. Then in the end it applies a burst to make up for it, but of course you make it massively overshoot.

The bug happens since it assumes you've missed everything underneath for whatever reason. In a simple two note extended sustain for instance, you are given the number of ticks between the two notes, and the burst size does not depend on when you drop the lower note.

It's not merely a case of everything prior to that note though. It's everything you'd miss if you never held the prior notes down. This does matter in say the ending sustain in War Inside My Head. Glitching on the orange, the game will give you all the "missed" points from the yellow and blue from both before and after the O hold. This is a total of 7.5 beats, or 750 points or so. (I found out this caveat after seeing your vid on the song).

On to the calculation here. For each note above the main red, you'll get the number of ticks between the red and the start of that note, since you've dropped everything before it. So the total number of beats is

0.5+2+2.75+3.5+4+5.5 = 18.25,

or about 1825 points (evidently above I couldn't mental math).

Whereas in the other case you'd only get the burst from the yellow, so about 550 points.

At some point I'll probably try this out on songs like Graduate to make sure I've finally got the calculations down. So if you know of any other odd extended sustains then let me know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: