ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Can someone test something on GH5 for me? And questions about whammy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Can someone test something on GH5 for me? And questions abou Reply with quote

So I'm playing a little bit of GH5 because I can't play GH:SH until Tuesday due to the delivery time from Amazon. I am trying to get a good score on They Say, but I just am absolutely unable to hit the first squeeze. Like it's not even close to being possible. I am referring to this path by the way.

Can someone tell me how hard that squeeze is supposed to be? Also, can anyone test and see if you whammy every sustain except the last one in the first starpower phrase if it gives you an activation? There are 9 beats of whammy, but if you don't whammy the last one, then it's 8 beats which should be exactly enough for an activation. I'm wondering if it's just the game, or if it's my guitar not giving me enough whammy for this squeeze. If I only whammy the first 8 sustains, I do not get an activation.

Thanks

Oh and one more thing, do ticks in GH5 work the same way as they do in like WT and Metallica? For example, if a series of consecutive sustains end directly when the next one starts, is it best to just try to hit them all directly on time? And if I start a sustain early, the ticks gained from it will end early, and if I start it late, the ticks gained from it will end late.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whammy, why don't you try the first SP phrase on In The Meantime? That has 8 beats and that is definitely possible. That said, I might give this a go quickly... I have a fairly high score so I must have hit the first squeeze.

The ticks work the same in terms of hitting them on time, as far as I know, but I wouldn't know about the other tick questions.

EDIT - I missed the first squeeze actually lol. Doesn't seem like you can get whammy from my few attempts. And the first squeeze is very difficult it seems as well... probably due to whammy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
For whammy, why don't you try the first SP phrase on In The Meantime? That has 8 beats and that is definitely possible. That said, I might give this a go quickly... I have a fairly high score so I must have hit the first squeeze.

The ticks work the same in terms of hitting them on time, as far as I know, but I wouldn't know about the other tick questions.

Interesting. I can get that phrase nearly every time, but for other songs, I don't get nearly as much whammy as I would expect. Like in They Say, the first squeeze shouldn't even be a squeeze at all; the whammy provided should be enough to get that squeeze by hitting both notes perfectly on time, but that is clearly not the case. I haven't played this game at all, so the engine is pretty foreign to me. I remember people complaining about the drums being glitchy, so maybe the whammy is kind if weird too.

And your score is too low to have hit the first squeeze in They Say. It is definitely very difficult.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
And your score is too low to have hit the first squeeze in They Say. It is definitely very difficult.

Yeah I forgot to look at my score beforehand. My score is without the first or last squeezes, I think.

I know a lot of people dislike the engine on GH5 and whammy is an issue it seems which is why some people maybe don't get as high a scores as they normally do on other games. Maybe you just need to get used to it?

EDIT - I've stopped now because it's 01:20 here, but try hitting the SP notes late in the first phrase as well as the few notes under SP in the second phrase. It looked like I was getting closer by doing that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: