Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gbm's thread. I play bass.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, "honestly probably not". Yearite x)

Tbh yesterday night I thought getting the entire sustain on Blue Orchid would put you at X25... owell.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Tbh yesterday night I thought getting the entire sustain on Blue Orchid would put you at X25... owell.

Wow I'm an idiot. You are absolutely right about that. It looked like I got the whole sustain so I didn't think twice, but now that I do think about it I definitely didn't. Now I have another dumbass optimal comment on a score that most likely is not optimal. Great.
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, yeah those are stupid x) Especially the oldest ones : Yayyy optimal !! in like 2009... then a few years later, 10 people got a better score as the actual optimal path was found Now if I get something that resembles optimal, I just go "this has to be" or "looks like"... not taking chances.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Hahaha, yeah those are stupid x) Especially the oldest ones : Yayyy optimal !! in like 2009... then a few years later, 10 people got a better score as the actual optimal path was found

Seriously.

December 1, 2014
My newest guitar is starting to overstrum on me now. Goddammit.

I finished up Polar Ice Cap in Smash Hits today. Two new 1sts: Psychobilly Freakout (extended sustain glitch) and Smoke on the Water (sorry Chrisssss, it was next up in the setlist). I only got 3rd on Electric Eye. I just don't feel motivated to try for that one, I hate trying to squeeze long streams of open notes. I finished the section in 1st place by 7,924.

After that I actually got a new FC with YYZ. I only got 4th place but I know I can get at least 200 more quite easily. I was having HUGE consistency problems with the main riff, but I found a method that works for me and I can FC the song about half the time now.

I noticed arvain took three of my GH5 1sts. I was able to take back Blue Orchid (1st by 8 points. I honestly think my new score for this is optimal.) After that my guitar overstrumming got really bad so I stopped. I don't expect to be able to regain 1st on In My Place, but I imagine I can at least improve my score. With Brianstorm I feel like I remember the first squeeze being annoying, plus after that come the ticks that I can't hold. Not sure if I'll even try to tie arvain. Honestly, I could probably improve all of my scores from August. I'm much better now than I was then. Maybe I'll take another crack at Kryptonite or even Ring of Fire optimal.

It all depends on my guitar working. I was feeling pretty good about the Free Bird outro and I was ready to start learning the path, but there's no way I'm going to go for a long song when my guitar might randomly overstrum 7 minutes in. Maybe I'll try to finish Assassin's Creed Rogue over the next few days and give the guitar a rest? I honestly don't know what else to do.

December 3, 2014
Over the last couple of days I've done minimal reduxing. My guitar only lasts for 15 or 20 minutes before it starts overstrumming, making grinding anything impossible. I've just been trying to get solid scores as quickly as possible.

Anyway, arvain continues to cut into my GH5 lead (I think he has gained like 8,000 points on me already). He'll be in 1st overall soon considering he has a 6k advantage on me on 21CSM. He also continues to beat my scores. Recently he took 1st on In My Place and Brianstorm. Chrisssss actually passed me up on In My Place as well. I was able to take back 2nd place, but it looks like arvain is keeping 1st on that one. With Brianstorm I choked three times after hitting the first squeeze. Once I dropped ticks and twice I tried to squeeze too aggressively going for ticks on the last act. At that point I would have settled for 155,850 if I got it, thankfully I was able to get the ticks on the last note that I had gotten a few times before. 1st by 8 points.

After that, arvain got 1st on Mirror People (bumped me to 3rd), Bleed American and You Give Love a Bad Name. 2nd on Blue Day (bumped me to 3rd.) Bleed American I took back. You Give Love a Bad Name I ran through once and at first glance I'm not sure where he got all those points. Blue Day and Mirror People, not even going to try.

Just a few in Smash Hits. I figured I'd jump back down to Amazon Rain Forest and go through the easy songs. Let me just say this: As is often the case with the easier stuff, these songs have been skaweezed. Hit Me With Your Best Shot is 2nd place by 8 points. I hate reverse ticks. I Love Rock 'n Roll is 3rd place. Also 8 points behind 1st. I Wanna Rock is 2nd place. 323 back of 1st. I might be able to get 200 more, but I don't see myself coming close to 1st on this one.

Overstrumming guitar = fucking frustrating.
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon... right x) It's not like I have to redux 50 songs or anything You've probably squeezed enough on every song to compensate for those 6k anyway I bet.

Owell, have fun with your overstrumming guitar. I confirm that it's hella fun to grind in those conditions

I'm going back to mourn my 1st on Brianstorm ;_;
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, didn't think my Smoke On The Water score would last very long anyway! I know I can improve my score on In My Place though so you may go back down a place, sorry!

I'm not one for following paths on my first run through really, it's only gonna be the odd song here and there, so most of my scores will suck for now!

Good luck with optimal on Ring Of Fire!

EDIT - I got first place on In My Place now!

EDIT # 2 on 07/12/14 - I got first place on Song 2 now as well...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss - As far as I'm concerned In My Place is yours.

edit: Song 2 as well.

December 9,2014
I didn't touch my guitar for two days and that seems to have helped. When I picked it back up I finished up Amazon Rain Forest in 1st place by 316. Godzilla - 4th place. (I wussed out and went safe on this after hitting the squeeze.) Take Me Out - tied 1st. (Everything but the double.) Nothin' But a Good Time - untied 1st. (Not sure if I got all the glitches.) Message in a Bottle - 2nd place. (-400 or 600.) I also got another 200 out of YYZ - still 4th. (I want to get another 200.)

In other news, I have now officially hit the zig zag in 21CSM. One time. While I had GH5 in I decided to try to fight for a few of the 1sts that Chrisssss recently took from me. With Song 2 I was able to gain 12 points, but not enough (baw reverse ticks). Still 8 behind Chrisssss. I was able to take back Steady, As She Goes and Hurts So Good, both by 16 points. I have my eye on one more from GH5 before I switch back to Smash Hits.

Edit: That one more in GH5 was Gratitude. I'm not sure how I left so many relatively easy points on the table with this one, but I gained more than 1k on top of my last score. Back in first now by 788.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure my score on Song 2 might be optimal, unless someone can somehow get a double. I really don't think more than 44 points in reverse ticks will be possible, and I'm very surprised I got that as the only other time reverse ticks even worked was with xx,811 like you have!

As for In My Place, I'm happy to keep it despite hating the song, hating the band, and hating the path. If arvain ruins it for me then he can keep it...

Good job on the new scores you achieved though, glad to see your guitar is working again! Hopefully you can nail 21st Century Schizoid Man eventually as well as a FGFC would be pretty epic and be a permanent first place even maybe on the game.

Also good job for your scores on GH:SH as well! What game are you thinking of playing next after GH:SH?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:

As for In My Place, I'm happy to keep it despite hating the song, hating the band, and hating the path. If arvain ruins it for me then he can keep it...

I agree with you on all points here.

Chrisssss also wrote:
Good job on the new scores you achieved though, glad to see your guitar is working again! Hopefully you can nail 21st Century Schizoid Man eventually as well as a FGFC would be pretty epic and be a permanent first place even maybe on the game.

Also good job for your scores on GH:SH as well! What game are you thinking of playing next after GH:SH?

The guitar is definitely not fixed. I wasn't even able to knock out one song with it today. My last two guitars have both been GH5tars. I've heard good things about the WoRtar, maybe I'll try to find one of those for a Christmas present to myself.

21st Century Schizoid man is still extremely unlikely to ever happen. I think my biggest issue is finding the strumming speed during the zig zag. (Pretty sure I go too fast.) Even after that, I'm only like 25% consistent with the part that goes .

I'm going to school in January so I may not have time to start another game after SHits, if I even have time to finish that. If I do though, it will definitely be either BH or WoR. I'm leaning toward BH right now, but we'll see how I feel when I get there.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

December 13, 2014
I moved on to the Grand Canyon in SH and knocked out a few more songs last night. For some reason I decided to record a couple of them.

Heart-Shaped Box is tied for 1st. I'm declaring this one optimal. I couldn't come close to the extra 200 on the last act. Heart-Shaped Box video.

Take It Off is an untied 1st. I had 8 more out of the 2nd act one time when I was using the wrong path. Tried to get it again for about 10 minutes with no luck. Doubles are probably possible on all 3 acts but I never got close to one. Take It Off video.

Killer Queen is 2nd place. There's surely still plenty of ticks left on the 1st. That extra 200 is probably possible on the 2nd. My 3rd act felt pretty strong. I might come back to this.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just randomly decided to play Holiday in Cambodia and I played the intro once and only missed in the trill. Decided what the hell, I'll try it one more time. I hit the entire intro. Crazy. It was a random run so it was going to be a garbage score but still a cool FC. My guitar overstrummed 10 seconds from the end. 1327 ns. 1361/1361. 100% overstrum. My new WoRtar can't get here soon enough.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protip on GH:SH XBass for Mother:

For the second activation... you activated at the start of a triple Y strum, but if you activate on the second Y in the triple Y strum, then it is MUCH easier to get the squeeze as doing a quick triple strum gets doubles a lot easier.

Once you do the easy second activation you can have 171,806 like I should have had if it wasn't for the stupid first activation (which is harder due to whammy).

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you got xxx,806 now! Take it my tip worked?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
I see you got xxx,806 now! Take it my tip worked?

It did, thanks. While it made the back-end easier, it made the front-end way harder. I had several runs where I either missed while activating or got an orange flame. I got it after a handful of runs though. The first activation has literally never been an issue, I've got it every single time. I wonder if you're activating on the right note? Counting to the 54th yellow sucks.

Other than an untied 1st and possible optimal on Mother, I also got an untied 1st by more than 400 on Cherry Pie. The ticks were awful on that run so I plan to come back for more when my new guitar gets here. And today I got another untied 1st and possible optimal with Shout at the Devil. There might be reverse ticks possible, I'll test this one when my new guitar gets here, too.

edit: I am so close to TTFaF it's ridiculous. I finally got the strumming speed down. I just need that one run. It is a total tossup on whether I hit the hook of death at this point, so I'm sure I'm going to choke there a few times. I'm still missing that first bass fill a lot but I'm pretty consistent everywhere else. I just keep missing while trying to squeeze. Hopefully soon.
double edit: I just had a -1 in a run where I hit 3/4 doubles. The one miss was in Pre-Chorus 2B in the little spot that goes where the first blue is a pull-off. I'm missing there too often. Looks like I need to practice a new spot.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout at the Devil is actually pretty easy, so I went back and re-did my score on video. So... here's that, I guess. Shout at the Devil video

Additionally, I got a new untied 1st on Unsung (Live in Chicago). Here is the video for that. Unsung (Live in Chicago)

In other news, my WoRtar arrived today and it is so much worse than my current guitar it's ridiculous. Great. Trying to get a refund as we speak.

edit: I was able to get one more untied 1st today. Killing in the Name now has an 800 point spread between me and 2nd place. Killing in the Name video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: