ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gbm's thread. I play bass.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
re-fc fight fire with fire? jk

I'm going to try for Master of Puppets next, but after that is Fight Fire with Fire. I missed like 2,400 points when I FC'd it. If I can somehow muster a second FC of it I'm sure I can easily gain 1,000+ points without even really squeezing. I think it's safe to say Dyer's Eve and War Ensemble are staying orange for me though. I have very little interest in grinding DE again for 200 points and I don't think I currently have the stamina to go for WE right now.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, DE, WE and FFWF are all pretty tough FC's. I would say FFWF would be the song you can improve on now. Master of Puppets seems good. After GH:M, what game are you going to work on?
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Tour will be next. I've been wanting to jump to WT for a week or so but I really want to be finished with these long as hell (and hard as hell) Metallica songs first. Hopefully these last couple don't take more than a few days.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WT sounds cool. I need to go back to easy bass on that game aswell.
And congrats on that first place on MoP
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:

Thanks for that ninja.

New 1st
Master of Puppets - Untied. By 48. This is a really tough song. I would personally rank it 5th hardest FC in this game, only below Disposable Heroes and the big 3.

After I got MoP I started working on getting a reFC of FFwF. After four or five grinding sessions of various lengths and twice blowing good runs in That Burning Riff 5, I've had enough. I really want the easy 1600-2400 points a reFC would get me - and I really hate that ugly red 10th - but I just don't want to grind this song anymore. Maybe someday I'll come back to it, but for now I just can't flail my way through That Burning Riff and hope I don't miss anymore. Also, I played WE a couple times and now I know that if I ever feel like grinding it (mostly just the intro) I can compete for 1st on it. Anyway... I'll probably get started on WT soon.

New total: 363.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
UltraHeroABC5 wrote:

Thanks for that ninja.

Lol. I always see you popping up on the front page with new firsts. Good job dude.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol np
and yeah, it's okay. FFWF is a toughy.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'll be playing much GH for the next little while, so I might as well update with my new 1sts since the last one.

No Sleep till Brooklyn - Tied. As far as I can tell I'm only the 2nd person (after Fug) to get that extra tick. It only took me 6 or 7 tries but it's a big squeeze. I honestly think this is optimal.
Beat It - Untied. By 48. This one is damn close to optimal. I can only assume I dropped ticks a couple times, but I'm not sure. Also, this redux bumped me into 1st place overall at the Hong Kong - Pang Tang Bay venue.
About a Girl (Unplugged) - Untied. By 8. I didn't drop a single tick and I did a decent job on reverse ticks. I'd say there's 32-ish points left.
Stillborn - Untied. By 16. Sorry Chris. I've had 16 more on the 4th act, but this was by far my best reverse ticks.
Today - Untied. 1st by 192. This is 208 from optimal. 200 more is possible on the 2nd activation. I had to hit the 1st double 5 times before I finally got this score. I kept getting an orange flame on the hopo front-end in the 2nd act. I took it easy at the end and missed the extra tick.

Updated expert bass 1st place count: 368.

Breaking news! B.Y.O.B. is hard.

Last edited by greenbaymackey on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexy. What about Hot For Teacher ?
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even harder. At least I can hit every individual section in BYOB. Party Time! isn't even that bad. I just really, REALLY suck at the the verses. HfT on the other hand... I can't even come up with a method to play the outro. Strum everything? Use the hopos? Use some of the hopos? It's just too fast.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
Stillborn - Untied. By 16. Sorry Chris. I've had 16 more on the 4th act, but this was by far my best reverse ticks.

:resent:

Good job, my friend, I won't be trying to take that back. I know I have one first place over you anyway so all good! As always, you get some excellent scores on bass and no doubt will continue to do so... keep it up, mackey!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
Even harder. At least I can hit every individual section in BYOB. Party Time! isn't even that bad. I just really, REALLY suck at the the verses. HfT on the other hand... I can't even come up with a method to play the outro. Strum everything? Use the hopos? Use some of the hopos? It's just too fast.

This took me longer than id like to admit to find

If you read my comments in that thread, you'll see this worked for me. And when I put WT in my xbox from a looooong hiatus i just did the strum everything method to decent success.

Good luck, and congrats on the insane amount of stuff you've done on bass.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
greenbaymackey wrote:
I can't even come up with a method to play the outro. Strum everything? Use the hopos? Use some of the hopos? It's just too fast.

Really nice thread there, although I agree 100% with Undead, I dont strum any HOPO and for me BYOB was the hardest in the game by far.

BTW I just saw the 21SCM outro... well there goes my FSFC, I needed 10min of practice to FC the outro once... on Slow

Keep on rocking those 1st places, and good luck on getting one of the remaining 4!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

If you read my comments in that thread, you'll see this worked for me. And when I put WT in my xbox from a looooong hiatus i just did the strum everything method to decent success.

Thanks. I worked on HfT for a while a week or so ago starting on Slower. Then going from not being able to hit EC2 on Slow at all to hitting it 5 times in a row. Then I jumped to full speed and... wow. The increase in speed from Slow to Full Speed is intense. It feels like there should be a speed between the two. Anyway, I actually FC'd EC2 shortly after jumping to Full Speed. Then I set up my camera so that I could get a section FC on video and after 25 minutes of no success I gave up. I might work on it again another time.

Naruto42 wrote:
BTW I just saw the 21SCM outro... well there goes my FSFC, I needed 10min of practice to FC the outro once... on Slow
Oh please. With the insane FC's you have I'm sure 21CSM won't take more than an hour.

Naruto42 wrote:
Keep on rocking those 1st places, and good luck on getting one of the remaining 4!
Thanks man!

I got to the point where I was extremely bored with squeezing on-disc stuff, I didn't feel like grinding for doubles in Misery Business, Hey Man, Nice Shot, Assassin, etc. And I wasn't making any progress toward BYOB or HfT. And I completely lost the ability to play Vicarious' outro right when I was shooting for optimal. (I lost two optimal runs in those stupid ascending trips.) So, I decided to jump to my World Tour dlc. I started off just wanting to FC a few specific songs, then it turned into wanting to FC / get a score in for all of the WT dlc that I own. Here's what I got. (Every single song with the exception of the Ted Nugent Duel is 1st place on both Scorehero and Xbl.)

I started with the free Reggae Pack.
Jimi - Fun song on both guitar and bass.
Sacrifice
Your Face

Then I finished the last two songs from the free Activision Track Pack.
I'll Never Know
Nothing All the Time
The Silence is Deafening - I did this one last year. Just figured I would include it to round out the pack.

Then it was the last song in the free Neversoft Pack.
Electro Rock - Optimal.
Anything - Did this one last year.

Then it was the Queen Track Pack.
C-Lebrity
Fat Bottomed Girls
We Are the Champions

Then a couple random songs I have.
What's My Age Again?
Ticks - Bass and Guitar in one video. This has a really fun guitar chart.
Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits Theme - No video of this one because I wasn't expecting to FC it. I was only trying to FC up to the outro in order to get a decent score and when I finally did I actually hit it. It was just my second time hitting the entire outro. I never thought I would FC this in the WT engine. Unfortunately my WoR path didn't quite work. I still got 1st but it could have been 2,400 points better.

Next up was the guitar duels.
Guitar Duel with Zakk Wylde (Co-op) - Optimal.
The Ted Nugent Guitar Duel was the only WT dlc I was unable to FC thanks to that unreal outro.

And I finished up with Death Magnetic. To be fair, I didn't really squeeze these ones because I already have in GH:M. I did follow paths, though.
All Nightmare Long - This one was interesting because the chart/SP is slightly different from it's GH:M counterpart.
Broken, Beat & Scarred - Optimal.
Cyanide
The Day That Never Comes - I got this before I started recording. Unfortunate, because it's one of the harder ones.
The End of the Line
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption J.H. - No video for J.H.
Suicide & Redemption K.H. - Thankfully I got these identical 10 minute charts done back to back with no misses.
That Was Just Your Life
The Unforgiven III - No video
My Apocalypse - Surprisingly only took two tries. World Tour's strumming makes the whole middle of the song more forgiving.

And that's it. I now have scores in for all of my WT dlc. Unfortunately only 35 songs, but it's too late to remedy that. I guess I'll get back to the on-disc songs now.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
greenbaymackey wrote:

Yup, I think I strummed 90% of everything in there. May have used a few HOPOs in the beginning of the section, and a couple in the middle, though I honestly can't remember. If what you're doing is working, keep at it!

Also, great work on the DLC. I love playing Death Magnetic Bass. Broken Beaten, Scarred may be one of my favorite bass tracks in all of Guitar Hero.

And the Nugent Guitar Duel bass track can suck a fat one.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22

Jump to: