ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So does it really feel like you're back to square one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: So does it really feel like you're back to square one? Reply with quote

I'm getting more and more interested in GHL and I think I might pick it up. I am quite excited to be starting "fresh" again, since my fondest memories of Guitar Hero was during the first few months of playing GH1.

Is it like a completely fresh start, or just a slight learning curve that, if you were good at the other GH games, you'll pick up in a day or two?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: So does it really feel like you're back to square one? Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
I'm getting more and more interested in GHL and I think I might pick it up. I am quite excited to be starting "fresh" again, since my fondest memories of Guitar Hero was during the first few months of playing GH1.

Is it like a completely fresh start, or just a slight learning curve that, if you were good at the other GH games, you'll pick up in a day or two?

Honestly, the way they get you to learn the game is done extremely well. I was able to be on Expert right from the get go with only a few issues on the harder songs and even my GF, who started on Casual, was able to move up a difficulty to Regular with ease about 2 songs later. It is new muscle memory, but if you're used to playing rhythm games it's not bad at all.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. Another question, why are all the songs not up yet for score tracking? I noticed The Looking Glass isn't there as well as many others...isn't there supposed to be 100 songs in game?
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
Ok thanks. Another question, why are all the songs not up yet for score tracking? I noticed The Looking Glass isn't there as well as many others...isn't there supposed to be 100 songs in game?

Everything in the Live part of the game is up for tracking. The GHTV part which has 200 songs in it is currently not up for tracking, and considering how it's designed with powerups and upgrades we're at the moment not sure if we'll even put it up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
mninp wrote:

Everything in the Live part of the game is up for tracking. The GHTV part which has 200 songs in it is currently not up for tracking, and considering how it's designed with powerups and upgrades we're at the moment not sure if we'll even put it up.

Huh...wow I didn't know that. You would think that the TV songs would be available as DLC or in the quickplay section as "buy now". But then I guess it would defeat the purpose of GHTV in the first place. A patch that adds the option of turning off the powerups would be nice.

That's a bummer, though.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like my first hour or so was exactly like 2005. But things slowly accelerated, and I feel like my progress has been going by a year each day, slowly coming back to current skill

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I doing as well as I used to? No, not at all. I used to be able to FC about half of most GH games on expert, and 5 star everything as well (except eruption curses), and now I am getting 4 stars on things like Skrillex. A lot of practice is going to be required to get to where I was (I don't think I'll be as good at this game). Some of the chords are uncomfortable, and a lot of songs seem really overcharted with strange transitions.

Overall the songs themselves are easier though. When you compare something like Love Bites being hard versus something like TTFAF, one is definitely more difficult to actually play on guitar. The game seems to know this and opted for less intricate tracks which I think is fine, the Joe Satriani song on GHTV is for example a less technical song than Satch Boogie. If they put TTFAF or Satch Boogie in this game it would be basically impossible

I like chord heavy songs in this game they are more interesting, but solos are typically a nightmare. I don't even know where to begin, and without hyper speed it's just a mess. I used to love playing songs with solos, now I prefer songs without them in this game

UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first five minutes you have no idea what you're doing, then it gets better. Then you take a break and when you come back you have no idea what you're doing.

It's pretty much the same as learning chord changes in previous GH games, except the transitions are a lot more difficult and some chords are actually physically hard to do. Also, expect to miss HUGE sequences of notes by playing on the wrong row. It happens to the best of us, too.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does to some degree. I used to be able to FC some tough stuff on expert with the traditional layout, but I had to start on Advanced because I was utterly clueless when I tried Expert to start.

Learning the new chords and being able to smoothly transition through them, especially the bar chords is very, very difficult. Solos will look like a massive jumble of notes when you first look at them, but once you get more familiar with the now layout, you'll start to pick up on the patterns.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
The first five minutes you have no idea what you're doing, then it gets better. Then you take a break and when you come back you have no idea what you're doing.

It's pretty much the same as learning chord changes in previous GH games, except the transitions are a lot more difficult and some chords are actually physically hard to do. Also, expect to miss HUGE sequences of notes by playing on the wrong row. It happens to the best of us, too.

I couldn't agree more.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the first time you played 3's and 7's on expert on Guitar Hero 3? That's what bar chords with extra notes are like

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: