ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
More incentive to determine cutoff scores???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: More incentive to determine cutoff scores??? Reply with quote

As of late I've been more or less dedicated to determining/narrowing cutoff ranges (i've now received over 100 contribution points). To date there have been about 77 confirmed cutoff scores out of a possible 392, which I think is a great accomplishment, but could probably be better. I think it would be awesome if we could collectively start knocking out more of these scores ASAP because GH2 is right around the corner and when that drops most will put GH1 aside.

With all that said, are there any plans or thoughts as to ways to further incentify users to get these scores determined quicker? Some ideas of mine would be to offer more things to "purchase" with your contribution points, or perhaps offer a page that ranks players based on how many total contribution points they've earned.

Determining these cutoff scores has become a game within the game for me and for that I thank JCirri and other site admins for putting this all together. Thanks guys and I'll keep the scores coming!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe i don't understand the whole base score thing exaclty, but it soulds like if someone proves a score within 1 point for either the 4 cutoff or the 5 cutoff on any difficulty, couldn't you just do that math to figure out the other cutoff for that song? I.E 4 star cutoff for ILRR on EX is 50,962. divide by 2, multply by 3, you get 76,443 which is infact the 5 star cutoff for same song, same difficulty. Or flip it for a proven 5* to figure out the 4* (76,443 divided by 3, multiply by 2, bada bing = 50,962)
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to prove cutoff scores? Playing a whole song and trying to figure out exactly how much to miss seems like an awful lot of work. Is this what everybody has been doing?
Chime  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Is there an easy way to prove cutoff scores? Playing a whole song and trying to figure out exactly how much to miss seems like an awful lot of work. Is this what everybody has been doing?

I've been going on feeling... Trying to hit everything perfect and then mess up on purpose shortly after the multiplyer hits 4. with SP saved til the end to make up for coming short just a few points. many songs finish with holds so that you can affect the ending numbers in your score. If you approach target score early you just stop hitting notes and pray you won't lose the song

But I know that some people have used the allways green cheat, which makes it easy to try and hit your target score early and then stop playing

Then of course there's the songs which I tried my best on and was lucky enough to land a score within the target range
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chime wrote:

But I know that some people have used the allways green cheat, which makes it easy to try and hit your target score early and then stop playing

ok..that sounds like it is not too bad..play till you get the score you want..then just stop playing till the end...I can do that.

What is the cheat? Do you have to have a gameshark or something? Should I have just searched somewhere and been less lazy cause this cheat has been posted a million times and now I just look like a dumb-ass for asking one more time?
Chime  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a clue what to use... try http://www.gamefaqs.com. you have to remember to turn it off when shooting for high scores again though
Riz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code is YBOOBBYO. Enter that at the CAREER/QUICKPLAY/OPTIONS etc. screen. Note that you have to reboot the game to turn this off and go back to having your scores actually recorded.

Riz.
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chime wrote:
I don't have a clue what to use... try http://www.gamefaqs.com. you have to remember to turn it off when shooting for high scores again though

At the opening screen, hit Yellow Blue Orange Orange Blue Blue Yellow Orange. That sequence has to be hit fairly quickly (it tells you when the cheat is activated). It makes determining cutoff scores incredibly easier...I used it for the first time last night and within 1 hour confirmed three cutoff scores.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
The code is YBOOBBYO. Enter that at the CAREER/QUICKPLAY/OPTIONS etc. screen. Note that you have to reboot the game to turn this off and go back to having your scores actually recorded.

Riz.

sorry riz, we must've been replying at same time

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word from JCirri? Any more incentives going to be added?

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree that we need to work together and get the cutoffs proven ASAP. More incentives in the store will be added as ideas come to mind.

However, for now as a little motivation, I've added a display of the top 5 contributors on the home page

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
However, for now as a little motivation, I've added a display of the top 5 contributors on the home page

im suprised you aren't on the list
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that'll work...if nothing else it should spark some interest and get a few more people involved. Thanks J

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I enjoy being at the top of the list, it would probably be fairer if you only take cutoff scores into consideration, and not $$ contributed
Anthony  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet idea JC, I really want to get on that top 5 now. The main thing that has motivated me to do cuttoffs is knowing that once all of them are found the 6-star ratings will be implemented into the scoring system which I think will be very awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: