ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
More incentive to determine cutoff scores???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to start finding cutoffs again. I'll try to finish up the expert five stars.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmriggs wrote:
As much as I enjoy being at the top of the list, it would probably be fairer if you only take cutoff scores into consideration, and not $$ contributed

..actually..I would bet he appreciates $$ contributions a heck of a lot more....
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he could do a column for top monetary contributors and a column for top song stat contributors.
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Maybe he could do a column for top monetary contributors and a column for top song stat contributors.

This is an excellent idea. I plan to make a fairly substantial monetary contribution next week when my pay comes in, and like gmriggs, I'd be a little uncomfortable being grouped in with the people who are actually expending serious effort to get those numbers we all need so badly.
gmriggs  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
..actually..I would bet he appreciates $$ contributions a heck of a lot more....

Probably... but I suggested it because the point of the list was to encourage more cutoff participation. I like the idea of having 2 separate lists.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'll try to add a column or make two separate tables. The problem is that theres a single contribution value associated with each person's account, so it's not easy to figure out how many of the points came from proofs vs. donations. But it can be done by analyzing the donation transactions, so I'll see what I can do.

And wow I am impressed! Last night I received over 100 cutoff proofs, looks like the motivation is working. At that rate we'll be finished soon, keep it up!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
And wow I am impressed! Last night I received over 100 cutoff proofs, looks like the motivation is working. At that rate we'll be finished soon, keep it up!

That's incredible...when I started this thread I was hoping for some kind of reaction, but over 100 proofs in one night?!? Apparently that top contributor list is already paying dividends. I wonder who will finish at number one when it's all said and done with?

Hmm...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but over 100 proofs in one night?!?

Yeah, but 90 of those proofs were Echelar Mr. Green
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for those of you that are keeping score at home...there are now 102 confirmed cutoff scores. Which means, a whopping 25 cutoff scores were determined in one night!!! (and by the looks of it, Echelar played a big role in that) To put that into perspective, it took about 5 months to determine just 77.

But there's still plenty of work to do as 290 scores still remain undetermined. I wonder if it's possible to get all of those done in 2 weeks??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only did about 20 yesterday...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
I only did about 20 yesterday...

Yeah I only did 14 or so....I think Anthony and b3nzOr did some damage as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about extra cotribution points to an individual that determines the exact cutt off. I know there are many people doing this besides myself (i just started yesterday, but i find it rather fun) including Echelar, Droid, ES902 and many others.

Maybe somthing like a total of 5 points for submitting both scores instead of one point per picture. By that i mean, finding the exact single point boundry.

So far i've found the 1 pt boundry for Unsung, Sail your ship by, and Story of my love (all EX 5*).
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also started to participate. I have decided to nail down 4-star Hard cutoff..starting from the top and working down..just so we optimize what we all are working on.

Anybody have any better tips for getting a score within 50 points other than holds? I find it very difficult to execute holds exactly as long as I need to.
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try to get your score high in the beginning. When you get the number you want, then you can skip holds at the end and just hit single notes and chords. Don't start skipping notes until you're pretty confident that you can get enough points from non-hold notes though.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
I have also started to participate. I have decided to nail down 4-star Hard cutoff..starting from the top and working down..just so we optimize what we all are working on.

Anybody have any better tips for getting a score within 50 points other than holds? I find it very difficult to execute holds exactly as long as I need to.

When you're trying to get your last two digits to equal something, just look at what you have. Say you need 33 / 83, and you're currently at 50.

At 1x, you'll get 50 points per single note hold every 2 bold lines, so 12.5 every thin line. Play a note for a little less than one bold line.

Say that got you to 19 / 69. Now you need 14 more. Play a note for just a small amount, less than a thin line. You see where this is going.

Once you approach your number, start playing the holds for as little time as you can. If you're too good at this, you can actually get 0 hold points. You get the idea. Once you're within 5 of your last 2 digits, try to inch towards it by getting 1-2 hold pts per sustain. You'll get it eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: