ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
i believe i have found the answer to how to FC trogdor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtraheat  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: i believe i have found the answer to how to FC trogdor Reply with quote

OK first off, hi everyone im new to the forums blah blah blah. So i am a pretty accomplished pianist and one technique that i use to hit notes very fast on the keyboard is to plant my hand almost vertical and hit the same note repeatedly with four fingers consecutively and repeat. Well i was playing trogdor and whenever i got to the end of the solo i missed about half the notes strumming as fast as i could. I then remembered the technique on the piano and tried it and after a few practices i got more and more notes until i almost got the entire thing! I will post a vid of it this weekend as a tutorial as i do not have time 2 play on weeknights.
So here is how u do it. U hold the guitar at about a 60 degree angle. Then, you put your thumb next to the top of the strum bar. Then, you use the remaining 4 fingers to strum nonstop.
I will try my best to answer anyones questions
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: i believe i have found the answer to how to FC trogdor Reply with quote

xtraheat wrote:
OK first off, hi everyone im new to the forums blah blah blah.....

Hahaha.

I think I see what you're saying. I'll give it a whirl the next time I play. Look forward to the vid.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
emosadcrying  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:: gasp ::

...I'll believe it when I see it
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: i believe i have found the answer to how to FC trogdor Reply with quote

xtraheat wrote:
So here is how u do it. U hold the guitar at about a 60 degree angle. Then, you put your thumb next to the top of the strum bar. Then, you use the remaining 4 fingers to strum nonstop.
What do you mean by putting your thumb next to the top of the strum bar (read: what's the top of the strum bar? edge closest to the neck? actually placing it on the strum bar as if you were gonna strum?<--this would actually be a neat technique...almost like crab scratching on the 1's and 2's)?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
bmcle2  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that involve actually using your thumb to shorten the strumbar gap so that when you strum you just barely cross the sensitivity threshold before the bar recoils?
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what he's talking about. I might try this. (When I get a new game. )

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
YODAvSIDIOUS  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a pretty good idea....:foreshadowing:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically some sort of conglomeration of bass and classical guitar picking I think. Still quite intriguing...

PhD  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, will be eager to see this... i will be totally surprised if this method works personally
maxvcore  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm a little bit surprised that no one has FC'd Trogdor yet since it's really no that hard of a song besides the trem picking at the end of the solo (I mean, I've gotten that part multiple times, I just can't FC the rest of the song and solo).

I don't know, maybe I'm just on crack or something and it's affecting my judgement.

GHIII GOALS
Buy Guitar Hero III (November 8th, 2007)
Five Star Expert Career (November 9th, 2007)

Get Some Expert FCs (13)
Four Star TtFaF (on hold until I fix my)
Five Star TtFaF (PS2's syncing issues)
TheMagician  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a weird technique, but would like to see it

Im not a good player, but I'm a fast strummer, when I was playing Misirlou, I was strumming too fast! And when I heard nobody has been able to FC that fast part on Trogdor, I was kinda surprised and thought I'd give it a try or two Have, I guess, never played it on Expert... Yeah, but that won't happen until I get back to home (at school right now). If I have any chance on FCing that, I'll take a video of it! Definitely I'm just scared about the button, it's dying And no, I'm not promising anything. I think that I'll fail it, but wouldn't it be cool if someone got it?
PhD  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if anyone reckons they can FC trogdor *easily* then why not go and FC it on hard.. its not the "solo" part that cant be done its the tremello's at the end.. on hard, the song is simple even the beginning to the solo.. just the fast picking no one has gotten it on a real run yet. If it can be FC'd on hard then its not impossible to do it on expert.
maxvcore  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD wrote:
well if anyone reckons they can FC trogdor *easily* then why not go and FC it on hard.. its not the "solo" part that cant be done its the tremello's at the end.. on hard, the song is simple even the beginning to the solo.. just the fast picking no one has gotten it on a real run yet. If it can be FC'd on hard then its not impossible to do it on expert.

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying, it just surprises me that with such godly players like ES, kov, b3n, HellAshes, etc. that we haven't seen someone do it since it seems like it would be within their grasp.

GHIII GOALS
Buy Guitar Hero III (November 8th, 2007)
Five Star Expert Career (November 9th, 2007)

Get Some Expert FCs (13)
Four Star TtFaF (on hold until I fix my)
Five Star TtFaF (PS2's syncing issues)
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds interesting.

Can you provide a picture to show the hand position? I was a bit like this -> so the pic would be rather helpful.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Zodiac  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty new, and still not too good, but I really don't see how this would work. I understand the technique but the speed required to hit every note would just stick the bar past the point where it still counts as a strum. The reason alt strumming is so effective is because you're forcing it back rather than allowing the mechanism to spring back in place.

Of course, as a skeptic, I'll still wait and see if your technique works, I'm awaiting proof >_>.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: