ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How're the later games on PS2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: How're the later games on PS2? Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was any information about the post-GH3 games on PS2. GH3 was the last game I played on PS2, and I remember for the most part it was fine, but there were problems with songs like KoC lag spiking, and I remember practice mode would sometimes be weird and start early. I own all the games on 360 still, but I thought I'd see if the PS2 versions were okay so I can just keep using my SG and PS2 setup. Plus, it could be fun to be able to play the 3 extra GHM songs. I've seen a couple big names have PS2 scores, so I imagine it can't be too terrible.

In short:
Besides possibly loading slower and not looking as pretty, are the PS2 versions of GHWT/M/VH/5 essentially the same? Any problems scorewise?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only really speak for Smash Hits, but it played fine on the PS2.
The only real issue was lag spikes during fast strumming under SP (e.g. Play With Me solo A, oh god so many FC runs ruined), so some path changes may be needed to account for that when going for FC's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I guess I forgot to include SH, lol.

Okay cool, yeah that's what I was hoping to hear, thanks!

(Not even two days after making this post, my SG whammy went limp, so that was discouraging . Luckily the rubber band trick seems to do fine so far.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: