ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
LlamaYip: 596/660; WE, HFTWT, LRM, SFTSG, and more...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: LlamaYip: 596/660; WE, HFTWT, LRM, SFTSG, and more... Reply with quote

May 25, 2021

Well, since Alex bumped my thread, I figured I should probably give the thread update myself!

I have found a good equilibrium with playing intermittently in my busy teaching/coaching/married schedule, so I've been chipping away at the /660 Expert FC total for awhile now. I've pretty much done everything free (with the exception of some GH2 stuff, more on that later), so it's taking a lot more directed effort song-by-song to make progress but I don't think I've hit the stopping point quite yet. My current total is 596/660 so I'm about to hit the obvious milestone of 600, but right now I think 620-630 range is a realistic target zone before I really take more skill jumps. Let's re-cap what I've done the last few months.

What have I FCed?

Gosh, the last update I had 25 FC's on GHM? Lol, lots of catching up to do. Okay, so I'll go game by game and start with GHM, which I have 48/49 on. At the moment, my proudest FC total.

DE, DH and FFWF didn't really give me any trouble on this game, so that mantle was taken up by MoP and War Ensemble. Master of Puppets Solos B/C just gave me a lot of troubles and the length of the song made it difficult for me to grind to a pulp so I gave GHM I rest when I hit 46/49, and came back to it later. I did a little bit of JohnnyGrey sliding action and I found that to be helpful.

I knew War Ensemble would be the bear, though. I probably brought my Guitar 50% closer to its death by grinding the intro but I'm glad it held up! I went from not being able to combo a single strumming section in the intro's to being pretty consistent (intro FC every other run), which was good since I couldn't make it through the tapping solo unscathed. I lost about 5 or 6 FC runs in the tapping solo, on top of the 10ish I lost in the Solo 1 strumming and another two in the strumming at the end of solo 2. I finally got the FC run, on video too, after deciding to hit the tapping solo mega early and use HOPO's in the Solo 2 strumming LOL. Missed a needed 400 on the last act and I don't know if I'll ever go back for it... but maybe...

War Ensemble 100% FC
Mercyful Fate 100% FC

I mostly did a lot of cleaning up other new school FC's. I'll go in reverse chrono order: GHWT, my personal favorite game, has given me problems with CT for a long time, so I moved on to bigger (smaller?) fish. I got PMU a couple months ago, and then this past week got Love Removal Machine and Hot for Teacher (!). HFT came incredibly fast, pretty much the day after I was getting -10's and -12's on it. As is the case with most of these FC's I wasn't pleased with the score but I am incredibly pleased with having the FC at this point. I already had VH HFT but they ended up really giving me similar amounts of resistance so I don't have an anecdotal piece to offer about which is harder. I got LRM on video as well.

Love Removal Machine 100% FC

I did a lot of tidying up in VH as well. As I mentioned, I got HFT on VH so that's definitely the best FC, but the one that gave me the most trouble was SGMAD (looking at 'Shot of Adrenaline' mostly). I haven't really had a lot of fun in this game so I've lacked motivation to go for 44/47.

46/48 in GHSH came very quickly. I think I had maybe one afternoon with PbFo and I got it. Helpful to get Freebird on my first try to the solo as well, lol. I got PbFo on video too. It was FC 42 at the time.

Psychobilly Freakout 100% FC

I was also missing The Spirit of Radio and Demon(s) in GH5, I was pretty intimidated by Demon(s) for awhile so getting both of those out of the way in the same way was a good relief.

Lastly was cleaning up GHWoR. I really felt like I had hit a wall at 79/93 and was struggling big time with knowing where to go next. I had a pre-solo reverse choke on YCSRIA last July and really haven't made any progress on that in a very long time. Nemesis and Ravenous haven't really behaved well either, I sat down for a while trying to learn both solos and didn't make much progress. I'm not sure what it was about SFTSG, but I was drawn to the idea of trying to hit Verse 3B and I fluked an FC in practice at one point, giving me hope that I could make it happen in a run... which I did! Gosh the sweat on the hands during the outro chords. I really think this FC went a long way to breaking a mental wall I had in this game, and in all new school in general since I think it's on a tier above anything I had done to that point outside of GHM. I also got this one on video:

Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants 100% FC

After that wall, I finally got Burn after some frustrating Sodom B growing pains, and Holy Wars after some frustrating verse misses lol. I'm settled in at 82/93 in that game, and 596/660 overall.

What am I looking to do now?

The immediate next move is make a push for Zakk Wylde and Crazy Train (also Zakk Wydle lul). I'm at a point now where I really should go for the GH5 FGFC as well, I'm a little daunted by the 21csm grind Alex had, and I have yet to hit DWEDFN solo 1 on Full Speed so there's work left. I feel similarly about Nemesis, Ravenous and YCSRIA as well, those are likely to happen quicker than the GH5 stuff though. VH is another game where I have 3 reasonable songs left, and that's probably the easiest set of 3 of the bunch (YRGM Romeo Delight and ATCWR), but as I alluded to earlier, I really am done with the VH engine, especially on RD and ATCWR is just unreasonably hard for me too. The sliders feel just as broken in VH as they do in WT, to me at least.

I'm fantasizing about GHSH PWM. I don't have a good feel for how close I am--I have a -2, 1 miss run from a few months ago but given my current skill level that's not replicable until I get better at the slider sections and Solo A as well.

If you're still reading this, you may have noticed that I haven't mentioned old school once yet, despite that being my weakest FC totals. I have gotten to 49/64 in GH2 with PbFo probably being my best in that game, but I have just been feeling new school way more so I've decided to stick with where I have the hot hand in. I'm still missing nonsense like LTMR. My order of close-ness to old school FC's is probably as follows

1. One for the Road
2. Less Talk more Rokk
3. Godzilla
4. Gemini
5. Push Push Lady Lightning
6. Bad Reputation
7. Carry Me Home
8. All of This
9. Spanish Castle Magic
10. Fall of Pangea
11. Round and Round
12. Raining Blood, lol

then others.

Lastly, it has been a while since I've really squeezed games so that's on the horizon as I approach my FC ceiling. I have a number of solid places (6th on ANL, top 15's on those WT songs) but those are buoyed by the fact that they just aren't FCed by that many people. So, as I get back into the squeezing, let's hope I can grab some overall game top 10s!

Thanks for coming to my Ted takk.

January 5th, 2021

Hi all, and happy new year!

When I have time, I have been working slowly towards completing the X games (more) and get to 600 Expert FCs, then keep it going from there. After FGFC'ing GHA, I did GH5 and got to 80. Still missing Spirit of Radio and Demons as well as the 'big 3' in that game, so I'll return to that sooner rather than later.

But this update is about my progress the last couple of days in GHM. Prior to starting this run of the game, I had FC'ed Evil but nothing else of real substance. Yesteryda, I got to 25/49 but had made serious progress on Fight Fire with Fire. I decided to give that a run this morning... and FCed on the second run! Although my plan today was to do some of the easier M songs today, I felt like I had a lot of momentum and I wanted to keep going with some of the harder stuff and I ran Dyer's Eve... and FCed it. Later in the day, after four post-solo chokes, I got Disposable Heroes as well, and got it on stream video (I have Dyer's Eve on video as well but it was DMCA'd so there's no audio). I was really amazed with this progress because these three FC's are quite possibly my best FC's in the series, period, and makes me excited to keep working through. Hoping for 47/49 by the end of Thursday!

Disposable Heroes FC Video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/862576653

November 12th, 2020

FC Totals
Code:
Game: GH1 GH2 80s GH3 GHA GHWT GHM GHSH GH5 GHVH WoR    Total/660
X:    32  5   8   67  41  80   5   34   10  18   79      379
H:    47  62  30  70  41  86   49  48   85  47   93      658

It has been awhile but I actually have some accomplishments to share!

After getting married and starting to go into school again for work, my playing is more intermittent and I rarely have play sessions longer than an hour. But, this has still allowed me to slowly chip away at my Expert FC total, which is still very very low but getting higher. I have jumped around a little bit, getting up to 34 FC's on Smash Hits with RaBl being my best FC there, and 18 or so on Van Halen (I already had Ice Cream Man), but the game I really pushed through was Guitar Hero Aerosmith. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the charts in this game, and it was really not much of a challenge outside of two or maybe three charts. Mercy was probably the longest 'grind' for me, and the song is pretty bad (although not as bad as Talk Talkin', UGH).

Naturally, Train Kept a Rollin' was my last FC, but I never had quite the brain freeze with BCS2 that I was expecting. Yesterday, I had about 70 minutes after getting home from work to FC TKaR, run 5.5 miles, and shower in time to help my wife make apple pies (which were delicious). I turned on GHA, FC'ed BCS2 three times in a row on practice, and FC'ed the song first try! 41/41, GHA FGFC! This was also my first FGFC on Hard, and I joked with the BAC that I would FC all the same games in order that I did on Hard, on Expert (80's was my second on Hard so that's probably a no).

Looking at where I need the most FC's I'm probably going to hit GH5 next, especially since that's the next best FGFC candidate. Luckily I already have Do You Feel Like We Do, so it's really about getting 21CSM, Scatterbrain and Demons and I feel bullish on 21CSM and Demons but Scatterbrain makes me a little nervous.

Here's the game-by-game summary as it stands:

GHWoR - (79/93). I ended up having a lot of fun with this game. Calling and Call me the Breeze were my best FC's, but I feel especially satisfied with Modern Day Cowboy because it took me a long time. Music and charts in this game are pretty great, so it was easy to push through this one. My goal was 80, and I should have that at this point because I FCed YCSRIA outside of the second chorus >_> just a bad miss. I also feel relatively close to FCs of Ravenous, Burn and Holy Wars, and in the same ballpark as Nemesis. Ties that Bind doesn't seem impossible either. I think 85 would be a good ballpark ffor me to get to, but if I get some time with the game then honestly 90 is not out of the question. Oh! Also I FCed This Day we Fight on Expert Bass. :)

Best FC: Call Me the Breeze or Calling

GHWT - (80/86) World Tour has always been the Expert game that I have invested the most time in. It is definitely my best rank, sitting at 18th (ahead of Sci). I had about 74 FC's for the longest time, until fairly recently I got Stranglehold, BYOB Trapped Under Ice, No Sleep Until Brooklyn and Soul Doubt (I hate that chart, I have struggled with Soul Doubt for years haha). At 78 FC's, it seemed like SAF and PMU were the most obvious FC's to go for, but I gave Mr. Crowley a shot, and.... FC'ed on my 2nd run!! This was a crazy surprise and it has to qualify as one of my best Expert FC's period. I am so glad I do not have to worry about that one anymore. As far as going ahead, 83 seems like the clear goal here. I have had one miss runs of PMU and CT several times (very close to CT), luckily I did l. LRM, which is one of my favorite songs on the game and makes it one I really want, is more of a cluster and I think should be a process. After getting these I'll evaluate what my prospects on ZWGD and HfT are.

Best FC: Mr. Crowley

GH1 (32/47) - So, I don't have my PS2 at the house I live at with my wife (effective 8/1 lol), but when I am over at my parent's/brother's house I can play some GH1. The game is crazy hard for me, especially after grinding the new school stuff for so long. I already had TiO and Ziggy entering my grind, so getting to 32 FC's wasn't too tough. I basically have the easiest 32 in the game, lol. Best FC's probably Guitar Hero and a random first run FC of Tk65. I overstrummed Godzilla and got fairly close to Crossroads so those are next. I would love to get to >40 but it just seems so, so difficult at this point that I will have to be more patient with this one. Such a fun game tho.

Best FC: Thunder Kiss 65

GHSH (34/48) - I spent a little time clearing out the GH1 and GH3 setlists in this game, still missing Barracuda and RaBl although I got a -1 on RaBl, toward the beginning of Flood!. (EDIT: Got RaBl) Another huge highlight was a one miss run of PWM. Did not seem like a duplicable feat easily so let's be patient on that one. I came to loathe some of the charts in this game, especially Barracuda. 47 FC's definitely the goal here.

Best FC: Raining Blood

GH80s (5/30) - My disc doesn't work but I was able to FC Tier 5 before it freezes haha.

Best FC: Aint Nothin but a Good Time

GH5 (10/85) - I actually started with GH5 but I hit Gratitude and got sick of the game so I switched to GHWoR, which I knew I would enjoy more.

Best FC: Do You Feel Like We Do

GHVH (18/47) - Took a quick break from GHA to play some GHVH because I thought I would really enjoy it, ended up enjoying it less than I thought I would lol. Going to put this on the backburner until I get through GH5.

Best FC: Ice Cream Man

GHA (41/41) First FGFC! Ended up enjoying this game more than I expected/remembered.

Best FC: Train Kept a Rollin'

July 30th, 2020

I am a little behind on updating the thread, but Alex bumped it with some spoilers so I figured it was my turn to actually put recent accomplishments in the thread.

Since the possible FC's on Hard are running low, I finally decided to make the switch over to Expert and try to push myself. Seeing sci, Johnny, Alex, and those guys talk about their expert totals always had me wondering where I fall because I didn't have the numbers to compare myself with them. I had about five days to myself a few weeks ago and decided to push through a few games and try to get as many as I could. It ended up being mostly GHWoR, but I have a few other games that I have updates for as well. I'm going to go game-by-game.

June 21st, 2020

Now that TTFAF Hard is done, the obvious next move was to tackle Misirlou H. I did this a while on my 360, and managed an overstrum in Guitar Break 2, so I suppose that means I have the Full Series 100% (outside of Trogdor)! lol. Too many qualifiers in my opinion... so obviously I want to fix that eventually.

But this got put on the back burner when alexhaz64 began GHM on his bass FSFC run-through. I knew he would be going for several 1sts and felt it would be fun to join in on the party. Already we both are in the 20's with FCs even with all the time spent squeezing. We raced to Dyer's Eve, and he won that both by FC'ing first and having 200 more, but I eventually did get it myself. I have hit an extra 200 on the third activation in that song and have regularly been running the chart to hit this in a ReFC and claim sole 1st.

I did get War Ensemble first, however! (He has an overstrum) Thankfully there were NO chokes beyond Solo 1 since the last verse strumming always makes me nervous. I know that WE gives a lot of people trouble so I feel fortunate to have this FC out of the way. Alex does have FFWF while I am missing that, so it represents the last major hurdle I have until the FGFC is clear.

Some other highlights:
-Global 1st on One, multiple doubles hit to get that
-Global 1st on Mommy's Little Monster, took awhile
-Global 1st on Stacked Actors on my sightread run
-Global 2nd by 1 STINKING POINT on Hell Bent for Leather lol. Should have restarted.
-All Nightmare Long X Guitar -2 (1 miss). sad.

I've been finding it hard to stay patient with the length of many of these songs but I am learning that bass plays to my strengths in some cool ways. Dyer's Eve immediately jumps in my list of best FC's.

May 19th, 2020

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARRUj_747o&lc=Ugy42FOsvvz1x9xqoOh4AaABAg

Its done! There is a lot of context to give to this accomplishment so there will be a wall of text but all is well.

First, small picture: the last few nights I decided to Twitch stream these runs and I had a few members of the BAC come by (alexhax64, JohnnyGrey, Mr. Scientist in particular) to watch and root me on. This was a huge help for me, and I am greatly indebted. It was definitely a small sample of the old times to have that experience there.

These two nights constituted the best performances I had ever had on the solo bunch together. In particular, the second night, I hit Hermans probably more than I ever had in a single day, including about 4x in a row. The night prior to this I had really struggled with burnout on the song, but this night I really felt all of the momentum and went for it. The FC run began at 11:58pm May 18 (my dads birthday) and ended up 12:05am May 19 (my birthday)!

The run itself: this began as a pretty poor ticking run. I dropped ticks in SFA1, and again throughout the pre-solo until I was down about 140 points at Synth Death. Seeing that my score was so bad, I was pretty lax from that point forward. I missed the back end 200 in Hermans, and (incredibly) missed 400 on the back end in Twin. Then, my hand slipped from sweating profusely while on a sustain in Here We Stand. I think it was probably a measure of drop, so I lost about 400 points. All in all, by that point, I was over 1000 points and serious change (~1200 points maybe) behind my projected total, but in retrospect I am glad that I slipped during a sustain rather than when fretting.

This was my fourth ever FC past Hermans. This was the third this month with the first coming in December of 2010 lol. The other three ended in Twin, so thank goodness I never choked post-solo. I felt like that was inevitable given the length of the song and the amount of nerves I was feeling. My hands were sweating so much!

The final score was 731,338. I was really hoping for 732,5xx, and I have been hitting a double in Rampaging Dragons. I think I could tick well enough to reach around 732,802 or so but 1st place is unlikely because that requires a double squeeze pre-solo that Ive never hit. I am disappointed with being 9th place rather than 2nd or 3rd, and my score wasnt high enough to get me to 3rd overall for GH3H, so I am very motivated to ReFC.

Big picture context! This is FC #70/70 on GH3H, for FGFC #10/11. I am only missing Misirlou and Trogdor, so Im 723/725 for on-disc hard songs. At this stage of my life, I am very satisfied with having completed TTFAF, so I will not make massive steps to get the last two GH2 songs. However, if I happen into a PAL or swapmagic arrangement then Ill go for it, why not. This was a long time in the making, over a decade. I FCed One and Raining Blood in January 2010 (back to back days). At the time I was so far from getting TTFAF, but I think I would have been so discouraged if you had told me I wouldnt FC TTFAF until 2020. Yet at it stands, I am so happy having done this. I dont know what my *best* FC is but this is definitely what I am proudest of. It is melancholy that the community is dead at the moment since there were so many people rooting me on for this that are not around anymore, but I am so happy that those who ARE around have been as supportive as they are.

Since I am getting married in August, it is very possible this is my last great GH accomplishment. I am not resigning from playing or anything but I have no more expectations for myself. This was a wonderful memory I will always have and I am full of gratitude. Yes, my heart is full.

Voidedalive, you can remove that note from your sig now!!!

May 7th, 2020

With some extra time on my hands due to the shelter-in-place here, I have been spending a lot of effort grinding out TTFAF on Hard on GH3. I have a couple reverse chokes and one Twin Solo miss as well. But the best score I have received is this -1 run that I got on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYosC5rjcD4

It is the highest nonFC score and 11th overall. I think when I FC, I can reasonably hope for a score of about 732,570 which would be a comfortable 2nd. 1st place is out of the question though, because the squeezes required to do so would take too much effort away from my FCing effort.

Having fun!!! .....kinda

February 26th, 2020
Bumping this three years later.

Lots of life changes. I have been a full-time teacher and cross country/track coach for almost three years now. I'm engaged and getting married in August. I've been living in the south for six years and am now back up north.

But one thing that hasn't changed is I'm still missing TTFAF on Hard on GH3.

There are few FC's that would be more satisfying to me than this one at this stage of my life, so I have been investing some time into it, especially hoping to get it before I get married. I did a few runs recently and a couple of the better runs are on Youtube, in particular this one which is a -7 run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psb1Sbrvnps

The best I've ever done on this is an FC up until Twin Solo, which was almost nine years ago. I have back consistency on most non-solo sections but I have yet to FC Herman's again since I got started again at all. So that is where I need to improve the most. Stay tuned!
Code:

Last edited by LlamaYip on Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm; edited 11 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the (somewhat?) prodigal son returns. My sig may be bereft one line yet!

Oh, yeah, I can imagine how much of a pain it must be to get past Herman's Solo again after so long. But I still have faith in you.

(and no worries, a GH3 HFGFC is still in the cards for me. It's just not up on the priority list right now. I'll be there someday soon.)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on GH3X 67 FCs finally! I know you didn't mention that in your OP but that's a super impressive accomplishment, and it's amazing how fast you knocked out those last two songs (though TTL and NFMH are not nearly the 66th and 67th songs in terms of difficulty, lol).

Good luck on TTFAF H, I know you can do it- it'll feel so good to get that monkey off your back!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
So the (somewhat?) prodigal son returns. My sig may be bereft one line yet!

Oh, yeah, I can imagine how much of a pain it must be to get past Herman's Solo again after so long. But I still have faith in you.

(and no worries, a GH3 HFGFC is still in the cards for me. It's just not up on the priority list right now. I'll be there someday soon.)

Haha. The prodigal son is not the best comp but I supposed ive warranted that. Its good to hear from you on this thread!! I was looking through some old threads recently and reminiscing on how you pushed me during lots of the hard FSFC stuff, especially with GH1 which you beat me to. Really good memories that I cherish a lot and Im squeezing out very second for right now.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting those last two GH3X FCs so quick was super awesome. I'm only a tad jealous at the 67 count. But I'm much more focused on the fact that we're all still around to accomplish things and share good times
Good luck with TTFAF. It will definitely be a perfect "last hurrah" when you get it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! I'm actually trying to get myself back up to speed and reFC it too. I just don't have the stamina for it anymore lol

Really awesome to see you already up at -7 though. I expect to see the FC from you pretty soon
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Good luck! I'm actually trying to get myself back up to speed and reFC it too. I just don't have the stamina for it anymore lol

Really awesome to see you already up at -7 though. I expect to see the FC from you pretty soon
Thanks man, I also have a -2 run and a -6 that was my new high score. But the progress has really stagnated.

What has been your approach to Hermans? I just cant find a mental or technical approach to it that gives me any consistency. As a matter of fact I havent even hit it since I started playing again...

eddaket  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in looking at the two places you missed, here's how I do them:

For the first part, I move up to third position (index on yellow) for the blue->orange hold and then stay there until the green note. That helps me hit that BYB triple

The second part (the dreaded OBOYO) is the hardest part of the song imo. I'm in no way consistent at it, but I always treated it like it was charted as OBYOYO. Do that first bit (with the Y ghost) fast enough to hit the rest on time. It's finicky, but it works
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans. I can give advice if you need any. I'm pretty sure I've FCed this chart more times than anyone else. I'd have to look into it first since it's been a while though, but hey, that's a very nice FC to go for.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
So in looking at the two places you missed, here's how I do them:

For the first part, I move up to third position (index on yellow) for the blue->orange hold and then stay there until the green note. That helps me hit that BYB triple

The second part (the dreaded OBOYO) is the hardest part of the song imo. I'm in no way consistent at it, but I always treated it like it was charted as OBYOYO. Do that first bit (with the Y ghost) fast enough to hit the rest on time. It's finicky, but it works

Thanks. I am not as intimidated by the BYB triple as I am by the OBOYO, and then transitioning down to the BRRG YB right after. Mentally my brain kind of turns to mush and I can't get my fingers around to moving fast enough but most pieces of advice I have seen suggest adding some ghost notes to that sequence so I'm going to do a few different approaches to see what works. I appreciate the insight! Good to hear from you!

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Cool beans. I can give advice if you need any. I'm pretty sure I've FCed this chart more times than anyone else. I'd have to look into it first since it's been a while though, but hey, that's a very nice FC to go for.

Hey! Good to hear from you too! Of course I would be curious to hear your approach to that same measure that eddaket was mentioning, but I am also curious what path you typically use (less about activation points, more about what notes you find worth squeezing). I think the video I posted is more or less representative of what I typically do.

I had a one miss run where I calculated that I probably would have scored about 732,500 on an FC (your 1st place is 732,954). In say, this path, what did you hit in that run and what did you not hit?

Loving the blasts from the past!

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 7th, 2020

With some extra time on my hands due to the shelter-in-place here, I have been spending a lot of effort grinding out TTFAF on Hard on GH3. I have a couple reverse chokes and one Twin Solo miss as well. But the best score I have received is this -1 run that I got on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYosC5rjcD4

It is the highest nonFC score and 11th overall. I think when I FC, I can reasonably hope for a score of about 732,570 which would be a comfortable 2nd. 1st place is out of the question though, because the squeezes required to do so would take too much effort away from my FCing effort.

Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work. TTFAF is in a league of it's own on hard. Way below Trgdor but way above everything else (I play PAL, though, apparently Miirlou can be pretty tough too). Some chokes and reverse chokes are a given with a song like this, but seems like the FC can happen any time now.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Very nice work. TTFAF is in a league of it's own on hard. Way below Trgdor but way above everything else (I play PAL, though, apparently Miirlou can be pretty tough too). Some chokes and reverse chokes are a given with a song like this, but seems like the FC can happen any time now.
Thanks. The three you mentioned are the only three that I am missing for the Hard FSFC. You have done some great work on the hard difficulty so I appreciate your input.

I find Misirlou extremely difficult on NTSC, obviously have not attempted trogdor. Not sure if it will ever happen.

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Jellu wrote:
Thanks. The three you mentioned are the only three that I am missing for the Hard FSFC. You have done some great work on the hard difficulty so I appreciate your input.

I find Misirlou extremely difficult on NTSC, obviously have not attempted trogdor. Not sure if it will ever happen.

As of a month ago, they are same three songs for me as well, though for me it's the O211, not the FSFC. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never get any of these (I too have NTSC), which is really okay. You, on the other hard, have the chance to get one of the craziest FCs on Hard in the entire series! You're at the point of "it's going to happen at any moment" which is exciting and aggravating at the same time! Best of luck man, you can do it!

conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a nice run! Hopefully the FC comes soon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: