ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
LlamaYip: 596/660; WE, HFTWT, LRM, SFTSG, and more...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, Llama. Even one of those FC is impressive, but all three in the same day? Speechless.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fam, how are you going through these so fast? I've just seen that you've also gotten Seek and Destroy and Whiplash, on top of the other 3? That's a mad streak of FC's right there, good effort!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's fast o__O

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I waited damn near long enough to reply to these epic accomplishments. Really I don't even have the words to describe what you did... it's honestly astounding. I mean your progress has been insanely quick across the board, getting 79 FCs in WoR in a week, GHA FGFC in probably the same amount of time, and all your awesome WT FCs you added to the pile as well... but GHM. Man you blew everything out of the water with this game. I know you're not done, but the sheer fact that you got 40+ FCs in what, 3 days? is mind-blowing. On top of that, you FCd three of the hardest songs in the game! DE especially is still one of my best FCs of all time, so that just goes to show the sheer potential you have. I can't wait to see what else you can accomplish on the expert difficulty
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You messed up the year stamp but still what the fuck dude lol

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the kind words from all of you.

I definitely have regrets about not spending more time on Expert in years past but I'm getting the progress done now and it is much fun.

A small update is that my 360 LP is no longer working--even fresh batteries don't turn in the guitar on. I am in the process of finding some of the tools I need to manipulate the hardware and try to get back online with it, but until then, I am halted in my tracks on the GHM progress. That is a shame, because I felt genuinely close to every FC remaining including War Ensemble, and I had been making a little bit of progress on FSA as well (pipedream but worth improving on nonetheless).

So in the meantime, I have been playing GH80's on my PS2 hooked into the same HDTV I have my 360. The calibration isn't perfect but the game is still very playable so for the time-being it's onto GH80s and GH2. I have 16/30 in GH80's right now but I have aspirations to get to 28/30 in the game. My first run of PWM with my current calibration settings was a 3-miss run (Solo A, 2 in Solo D), so even though I haven't necessarily built consistency, I do think it's in the realm of possibility. Tech FC on that but still haven't tech'ed EE or 17.

This link goes to the spreadsheet I have on the X Series: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ymD7CGOk7aO6OuirOLefxj5knlKwSb4VEEj6TbdFLE/edit?fbclid=IwAR3-Kn5tTPHCN9IT70d5DUYeW7QxB3OE9Yb7oyGVWzGmzZRb61hRlvohSkk#gid=0

As you can see, I am currently at 495, so 500 is coming soon. I have the most room for improvement in GH2 by a long shot, then GHVH.

Hopefully more progress soon!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're definitely a braver man than me, playing GH2/80s on an HDTV. I tried a little bit when I first got my HDTV, and I just couldn't really handle the lag.

Best of luck to you, though! Now go FC MIsirlou on Hard

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep repeating myself, but your potential is scary. Even with the technical difficulties you've been pumping out hard FCs at a crazy pace. Once you've corrected the guitar situation, and get your FMB setup on PS2, 600 will be right around the corner I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on 500 X FCs!!! Sucks about your 360 guitar... and your 80s disc... at least you got all the easy songs taken care of before the disc stopped reading. Besides IWR, I suppose. Hopefully that ends up working again at some point (it's not the first time it's had issues iirc). If not, I guess its time to finally catch up in GH2!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to double post but the amount of stuff you've achieved since your last update is absolutely bonkers!

GHWT: Love Removal Machine FC, just last night. Great FC, solo 2 is still impossible for me even today haha
HFT FC, just a few minutes ago! Easily one of your best FCs, so great to see you finally get it after the grind on stream last night. Your skill is improving at such a scary rate, you'll be at 630 FCs before you know it

GHM: War Ensemble FC and 48/49 FCs in the game- WE is of course an amazing FC on its own, but the fact that you got every other hard FC outside of One is just as impressive! Another long grind that paid off, this game is pretty much done haha

GHSH: 46/48 FCs- PBFO is of course the standout here, but the fact that you got Freebird basically first try is also insane. PWM is certainly possible and I'm sure it'll fall in no time at all once you go for it

GHVH: HFT FC- not quite as impressive as the WT version, but still one of your best in the series, and easily your best in the game. I'm sure you're gonna get the rest of the tough FCs in the game and hit that 44/47 before too long!

GHWoR: SFTSG, Burn, Holy Wars FCs- three of your best FCs in the game, and you got them all within a week! 85 FCs will come pretty easily I think, but I'm sure you won't stop there... TDWF being possible is scary!

Overall, you're quickly closing in on 600, and given the number of remaining FCs in gh1 and 2, you aren't even close to tapped out. I can't wait to see how far you're able to push this game, it's so exciting to see
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 25, 2021

Well, since Alex bumped my thread, I figured I should probably give the thread update myself!

I have found a good equilibrium with playing intermittently in my busy teaching/coaching/married schedule, so I've been chipping away at the /660 Expert FC total for awhile now. I've pretty much done everything free (with the exception of some GH2 stuff, more on that later), so it's taking a lot more directed effort song-by-song to make progress but I don't think I've hit the stopping point quite yet. My current total is 596/660 so I'm about to hit the obvious milestone of 600, but right now I think 620-630 range is a realistic target zone before I really take more skill jumps. Let's re-cap what I've done the last few months.

What have I FCed?

Gosh, the last update I had 25 FC's on GHM? Lol, lots of catching up to do. Okay, so I'll go game by game and start with GHM, which I have 48/49 on. At the moment, my proudest FC total.

DE, DH and FFWF didn't really give me any trouble on this game, so that mantle was taken up by MoP and War Ensemble. Master of Puppets Solos B/C just gave me a lot of troubles and the length of the song made it difficult for me to grind to a pulp so I gave GHM I rest when I hit 46/49, and came back to it later. I did a little bit of JohnnyGrey sliding action and I found that to be helpful.

I knew War Ensemble would be the bear, though. I probably brought my Guitar 50% closer to its death by grinding the intro but I'm glad it held up! I went from not being able to combo a single strumming section in the intro's to being pretty consistent (intro FC every other run), which was good since I couldn't make it through the tapping solo unscathed. I lost about 5 or 6 FC runs in the tapping solo, on top of the 10ish I lost in the Solo 1 strumming and another two in the strumming at the end of solo 2. I finally got the FC run, on video too, after deciding to hit the tapping solo mega early and use HOPO's in the Solo 2 strumming LOL. Missed a needed 400 on the last act and I don't know if I'll ever go back for it... but maybe...

War Ensemble 100% FC
Mercyful Fate 100% FC

I mostly did a lot of cleaning up other new school FC's. I'll go in reverse chrono order: GHWT, my personal favorite game, has given me problems with CT for a long time, so I moved on to bigger (smaller?) fish. I got PMU a couple months ago, and then this past week got Love Removal Machine and Hot for Teacher (!). HFT came incredibly fast, pretty much the day after I was getting -10's and -12's on it. As is the case with most of these FC's I wasn't pleased with the score but I am incredibly pleased with having the FC at this point. I already had VH HFT but they ended up really giving me similar amounts of resistance so I don't have an anecdotal piece to offer about which is harder. I got LRM on video as well.

Love Removal Machine 100% FC

I did a lot of tidying up in VH as well. As I mentioned, I got HFT on VH so that's definitely the best FC, but the one that gave me the most trouble was SGMAD (looking at 'Shot of Adrenaline' mostly). I haven't really had a lot of fun in this game so I've lacked motivation to go for 44/47.

46/48 in GHSH came very quickly. I think I had maybe one afternoon with PbFo and I got it. Helpful to get Freebird on my first try to the solo as well, lol. I got PbFo on video too. It was FC 42 at the time.

Psychobilly Freakout 100% FC

I was also missing The Spirit of Radio and Demon(s) in GH5, I was pretty intimidated by Demon(s) for awhile so getting both of those out of the way in the same way was a good relief.

Lastly was cleaning up GHWoR. I really felt like I had hit a wall at 79/93 and was struggling big time with knowing where to go next. I had a pre-solo reverse choke on YCSRIA last July and really haven't made any progress on that in a very long time. Nemesis and Ravenous haven't really behaved well either, I sat down for a while trying to learn both solos and didn't make much progress. I'm not sure what it was about SFTSG, but I was drawn to the idea of trying to hit Verse 3B and I fluked an FC in practice at one point, giving me hope that I could make it happen in a run... which I did! Gosh the sweat on the hands during the outro chords. I really think this FC went a long way to breaking a mental wall I had in this game, and in all new school in general since I think it's on a tier above anything I had done to that point outside of GHM. I also got this one on video:

Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants 100% FC

After that wall, I finally got Burn after some frustrating Sodom B growing pains, and Holy Wars after some frustrating verse misses lol. I'm settled in at 82/93 in that game, and 596/660 overall.

What am I looking to do now?

The immediate next move is make a push for Zakk Wylde and Crazy Train (also Zakk Wydle lul). I'm at a point now where I really should go for the GH5 FGFC as well, I'm a little daunted by the 21csm grind Alex had, and I have yet to hit DWEDFN solo 1 on Full Speed so there's work left. I feel similarly about Nemesis, Ravenous and YCSRIA as well, those are likely to happen quicker than the GH5 stuff though. VH is another game where I have 3 reasonable songs left, and that's probably the easiest set of 3 of the bunch (YRGM Romeo Delight and ATCWR), but as I alluded to earlier, I really am done with the VH engine, especially on RD and ATCWR is just unreasonably hard for me too. The sliders feel just as broken in VH as they do in WT, to me at least.

I'm fantasizing about GHSH PWM. I don't have a good feel for how close I am--I have a -2, 1 miss run from a few months ago but given my current skill level that's not replicable until I get better at the slider sections and Solo A as well.

If you're still reading this, you may have noticed that I haven't mentioned old school once yet, despite that being my weakest FC totals. I have gotten to 49/64 in GH2 with PbFo probably being my best in that game, but I have just been feeling new school way more so I've decided to stick with where I have the hot hand in. I'm still missing nonsense like LTMR. My order of close-ness to old school FC's is probably as follows

1. One for the Road
2. Less Talk more Rokk
3. Godzilla
4. Gemini
5. Push Push Lady Lightning
6. Bad Reputation
7. Carry Me Home
8. All of This
9. Spanish Castle Magic
10. Fall of Pangea
11. Round and Round
12. Raining Blood, lol

then others.

Lastly, it has been a while since I've really squeezed games so that's on the horizon as I approach my FC ceiling. I have a number of solid places (6th on ANL, top 15's on those WT songs) but those are buoyed by the fact that they just aren't FCed by that many people. So, as I get back into the squeezing, let's hope I can grab some overall game top 10s!

Thanks for coming to my Ted takk.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time and time again you pull out some crazy accomplishments with a surprising low amount of effort. You'd think we'd be used to it by now, but every time you get a good chance to play you continue to blow our minds. Glad to see you finally "finishing up" the doable stuff, and I can't wait to see what happens when your remaining FC count is low enough and you can actually focus on some big boys. 620 by the end of the summer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: