ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cannot create a new account + PM bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OcosnTyrantis  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Cannot create a new account + PM bugs Reply with quote

Bug 1: Cannot create a new account
I wanted a fresh start on ScoreHero as I had recently gotten back into the Rock Band series, so I decided to make a new account back in June. My email address never received the confirmation email, so I could not log into it. I thought nothing of it at the time and carried on. I've recently started getting good scores again, and I decided to try again today with a new gaming email that I had created, but I did not receive the confirmation email for this, either. Both of the accounts have appeared in ScoreHero's Memberlist.

I don't know if this has affected anybody else. Have new accounts been uploading scores?

Bug 2: Apostrophes in PMs multiply
I have recently sent and received some PMs with common words such as "I've" and "can't". I noticed that when I checked the messages in my Sentbox, these words would instead appear as "I''''ve". I received a reply with a title containing "Can''''''''t".

Bug 3: Long PMs are unreadable
A couple of the PMs sent and received contained large amounts of text. Both myself and the other person were unable to open these messages and they would permanently appear in our Outboxes rather than our Sentboxes.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forwarded this to JCirri to look at
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have identified and fixed a cause for Bug 1, as there was a situation in which the confirmation email would not send if registered through the non-Rock Band portal. I don't currently have functionality to automate re-sending confirmations. Please PM me the username and email that you used for registration and I will send the necessary confirmation URL.

I'm able to reproduce the apostrophe issue in Bug 2, and know the cause in general, but it will take further time to debug and isolate where the double character escaping is occurring. I'll get back to this later.

For Bug 3 can you elaborate on "unable to open"? Did the page fail to load entirely as a blank screen, prompt with a server code (e.g. 403) error message, or load with a broken display of the message? Also if you can give an idea on length of message that seems to break, that might help me to reproduce.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Bug 3, if I hover over a broken PM, the URL appears in the bottom left-hand side of the screen as normal. When I click on the PM, it begins to act as though it is loading (the ScoreHero logo disappears and the "Refresh" button turns into a cross with "Stop loading this page" if highlighted). It acts as though it is loading the PM for no longer than a second and then stops. Rather than going to a blank screen or an error page, it simply reloads the Inbox page.

The message was quite long. Although I cannot load it in ScoreHero, I, fortunately, saved a copy in Microsoft Word the second time I attempted to send it. The statistics of it are below:

Characters (no spaces): 2,378
Characters (with spaces): 2,820
Words: 518
Lines: 91
Paragraphs: 76
OcosnTyrantis  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Please PM me the username and email that you used for registration and I will send the necessary confirmation URL.

Although we did this over a week ago, I have still yet to receive the confirmation email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: