ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock and Roll All Nite Solo FC Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TowerSH  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Rock and Roll All Nite Solo FC Help? Reply with quote

As a brief introduction, I picked GH3 up after not playing for over 10 years, I believe I either beat Hard mode or got extremely far, and not very far in Expert mode (of course I'm prepared to do much better since I understand the mechanics more clearly). I believe I'm ready for Expert, especially since I was able to pass (and get fairly high scores on) each song first try up until Holiday in Cambodia. So far I've 100% FC'd the first four songs on the setlist and I would really like to finish up with Rock and Roll All Nite, which I've also got 100% on Hard mode.

Here are the notes that I'm having difficulty with.
https://imgur.com/a/pqhjZD2

I think the big pattern here is the yellow-blue hammer-ons. Those are giving me a pretty hard time. One side of it is in the second picture, sometimes I let go of the yellow note too early after getting the blue note, and sometimes I hold down on the blue note a few milliseconds too long and miss the yellow note.

These combos seem to require a really nimble pinky finger, but I'm hoping there is more I can learn about my issue other than "just practice", and I've put about 4-5 hours just on this Solo already. Although I do suppose players often put way more time into learning other solos as well, so I guess I'm not alone.
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to not use your pinky and play them as 232, stretching for the first two like you're playing a GYB chord as 123.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: