ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
50 Hardest Bass FCs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambrgarden  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: 50 Hardest Bass FCs Reply with quote

ik there's no way a full breakdown for bass charts across the gh series will ever be made but i thought this would be quick and kind of interesting, i chose 62 songs that were released that i thought had something hard on them (besides the metallica charts, i'm not rly familiar with these so sorry)

Question #DLC1: Are these songs easier or harder than My Apocalypse?

Cousins
Gor-Gor
Iron Fist
Living Dead Beat
Almost Easy
Can You Take Me

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
The Judas Kiss
My Apocalypse
Cousins
Gor-Gor
Iron Fist
Living Dead Beat
Almost Easy
Can You Take Me
Disconnected (DLC)
Grave Of Opportunity
Guilty Pleasures
Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits Theme
From The Blue/Point Of No Return/TTRTS
Hollywood Nights
Painkiller
Rockin In The Free World
Indians
Sympathy For The Devil
Heartbreaker
Stranglehold
Overkill
YYZ
The Takedown
Pull Me Under
Nemesis
Speeding
If You Want Peace, Prepare For War
Loss Of Control
Prisoner Of Society
Fury Of The Storm
All Nightmare Long
Through The Fire And Flames
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Disposable Heroes
Do You Feel Like We Do?
Romeo Delight
Free Bird
Deadfall
War Ensemble
Chemical Warfare
Fight Fire With Fire
BYOB
21st Century Schizoid Man
Dyers Eve
Hot For Teacher (WT)
This Day We Fight!

Last edited by Ambrgarden on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:35 am; edited 4 times in total
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not familiar with the DLC bass charts, and I have played GHM, so we're a little askew here. However, I did a write-up last year when I FSFCd X Bass, I just never posted it. Might as well post it here:

GH5
85. 21st Century Schizoid Man- the only truly hard song in the game. The outro is simply insane. A fast all-strums zigzag followed by fast (18nps or so) strumming, and finally a long, slightly slower fast strumming section with awkward transitions all over the place. Not to mention the Black Magic Woman-style strumming section in the middle of the song.
84. Do You Feel Like We Do?- May not be the hardest technically, but 13 minutes of mind-numbingly boring sustains followed by an actually difficult fast strumming section in the outro puts this over a lot of other songs in my book.
83. Sympathy for the Devil- Again, not terribly difficult, but it is a really long song that never lets up. Your pinky will definitely get a workout on this one.
82. Lust for Life- sort of a combination of the two songs above this, its a long song where you can easily miss anywhere, but no single part is difficult. It also has a strumming outro, but thankfully it is not as fast and is a consistent speed all the way through.
81. Done with Everything, Die for Nothing- much like on guitar, the intro has some fast sweeps with some strums afterward that are pretty difficult to get the hang of. Even aside from that, there is fast strumming in the latter half of the song, that is especially easy to miss if you are trying to whammy sp holds
80. Disconnected- Intro has a pretty tricky open note pattern that took a few tries to get down
79. So Lonely- another fast strumming bass outro! This one is possibly the easiest one, but still tricky.
78. Superstition- fairly long song with lots of strange/quick hopo patterns. Nothing too hard but easy to miss anywhere in the song.
77. 2 Minutes to Midnight- another long song with constant alt strumming required. Nothing is particularly difficult, but the last third of the song tends to switch up the strumming patterns unexpectedly which makes it all too easy to mess up.

GHVH
45. Romeo Delight- 400+ notes of straight open note strumming. Its not too fast, but the bpm changes just enough so that a consistent strumming speed is not enough to get you through unscathed. You have to pay attention to the beat lines to avoid missing. I recommend playing without hyperspeed for best results. I dont know if I ever wouldve FCd this otherwise.
44. Loss of Control- fast strumming throughout the song, which sometimes speeds up, often changes notes on upstrums, and the number of strums for each streak of notes always seems to be different.
43. The Takedown- a little overrated, but it is still a song that never lets up. You have to pay attention to your strumming throughout the song, as it constantly changes from sets of 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and who knows how many other numbers of notes.
42. Painkiller- fast strumming that speeds up and transitions into doublets, followed by hopo triplets. This happens twice and is just as hard as the guitar chart. Rest of the song is fairly straightforward alt-strumming, thankfully.
41. Hot for Teacher- 10x easier than the WT version thankfully, but the outro still has some tricky fast strumming thats easy to miss.
40. Im the One- Really awkward open note trill in the outro, and the rest of the song is pretty fast too.
39. Come to Life- Awkward open note pattern near the end of the song, one of the few sections I had to take into practice.

GHWT
84. Hot for Teacher- Extra Credit 2 is by far the hardest section in the game, and one of the hardest across all of bass. It is a mess of hopos and strumming, ending with a very fast section that feels almost entirely luck-based. The guitar solo section is no cakewalk either, and theres some awkwardly fast strumming near the very beginning.
83. BYOB- One of the few bass charts I would consider harder than the guitar chart. Fast and tricky open note pattern throughout the song, and one of the hardest sections in the game with Party Time! Requires you to quickly strum while anchoring and lifting the same fretting finger to hit open notes. (easier in first position, for the record)
82. Prisoner of Society- The difficulty drops of precipitously here, and for me this actually was pretty easy once I learned the pre-chorus pattern. That pattern is very tricky, however, and the rest of the song isnt easy. It is fast strumming throughout, mostly doublets, and all the transitions are on downstrums.
81. Pull Me Under- Long song that is pretty consistent in difficulty outside of two hard parts. The first is in the first half of the song, and starts with a fun open note alternating strumming pattern, leading into all-strummed sweeps interspersed with hopo fills. Nothing too fast, but easy enough to get tripped up. The second hardest part is a fast BO trill that personally I had to tap.
80. Overkill- Much like the guitar chart, this is a long song that is consistently difficult. Most of the song consists of random strumming streaks that test your focus, and there are at least two sections of fast-ish strumming that slows down. Then there is a tough open note pattern near the end of the song that is incredibly easy to miss.
79. Stranglehold- 2000+ notes of nearly the same exact pattern, topped off with one of the hardest single sections in the game. Very fast strumming with transitions all over the place. Speed changes slightly between strumming sections too.
78. Heartbreaker- This one is all about the outro. It is fast strumming consisting of all open notes, which makes it twice as difficult in my book. Starts out super fast for I believe 16 notes, then slows down significantly, making it incredibly easy to overstrum.
77. Soul Doubt- Very similar to the guitar chart, fast strumming that changes frets all over the place. Awkward strumming patterns interspersed with hopos throughout.
76. Vicarious- Mostly just the ending. Its exactly the same as the guitar chart, fast ascending triplets that span the fretboard. Pretty tough at the end of a long song.
75. Purple Haze- Fun song with some tricky fills throughout. The ending is another one with fast strumming and random speed up/slow down and awkward fret changes.
74. Parabola- Nothing too hard outside of one section near the end of the song, with GB chords mixed with BO trills, and a random GO chord thrown in the mix. Pretty much have to hit the GB chords with 13 instead of the usual 14.
73. Sweet Home Alabama- I didnt personally find this difficult, but theres another fast strumming outro that slightly changes speed. The rest of the song is relatively easy but has a lot of fills and such to keep you on your toes.

GHWoR
92. This Day We Fight- Easily the hardest song in the series. The main riff is harder than almost any single section of any other bass song, and it repeats something like 8 times. I havent even come close to an FC here.
91. Chemical Warfare- Struggled to decide what the second hardest song in the game is, but I think the length and variety of difficult sections in this song makes it the winner. The first verse riff is very easy to miss, and some of the strumming patterns in the latter half of the song are just all over the place. Add on the awkwardly slow outro of purple notes, and you got a very chokeable song.
90. Deadfall- This song is short, but very difficult throughout. The whole song is a mix of open notes, hopos, and strums that you have to decide to either strum straight through or use the hopos. Either way youre gonna miss seemingly randomly everywhere. Luckily after the first two minutes or so youre home free.
89. Holy Wars the Punishment Due- The main riff is similar to guitar, but all open notes so its slightly more difficult. The first few minutes of the song are just relentless, and the riff comes back after the guitar solo, but even slightly faster! Definitely a test of stamina.
88. Fury of the Storm- This song is a never-ending wall of notes. None of the strumming is that fast, but the song is so long and you could miss anywhere. Hardest parts are a hopo fill near the beginning of the song, and the riff at the beginning of the guitar solo- very easy to miss in both of those sections.
87. If You Want Peace Prepare for War- The main riff has some fast strumming with a few hopos thrown in- intimidating at first but all when you use the hopo open notes it becomes fairly easy. The strumming later on in the song is more tricky, as its fast and switches frets on odd strums a few times. Other than that the FC is fairly straightforward.
86. Speeding- One of the more complex bass charts in the series, theres a fair number of sections that will really trip you up on sightread. However once you practice these parts a few times, they all become fairly easy to hit consistently. These mostly consist of riffs with strums and hopos, and it becomes a matter of not overstrumming/getting the timing right.
85. Nemesis- Fast strumming, and it repeats three times. The biggest arm-killer outside of War Ensemble in the series, imo. After the last fast strumming section the song is pretty free though.
84. Indians- Fast strumming that repeats a lot, identical to the guitar chart in that way. Nothing else really stands out, but hitting that strumming consistently is fairly difficult.
83. Rockin in the Free World- Very easy and boring for the majority of the song, but then the outro has some BS open note strumming that is just slow and awkward enough to miss at least once unless you are hyper focused. I think the tempo changes slightly as well which doesnt help.
82. Psychosocial- Really easy song, but the intro strumming is fast and changes frets really quickly. One of the hardest sections in the game, though its short and near the beginning. The rest of the song is cake.

GHSH
48. Freebird- Longest song in the game, with yet another fast strumming outro. All the strumming ends on down/up strums, so once you reach top speed its really not bad. However you have to account for a hopo open note at the beginning of the outro, and it speeds up for the first few streaks. The rest of the song is also easily missable, with a few tricky strumming patterns or hopos to trip you up if youre not paying attention.
47. Through the Fire and Flames- Another long song, but this is almost entirely fast strumming. The strumming streaks vary between three speeds, the fastest being probably around 13 nps. There are also fills everywhere, many of which can be pretty tricky without some practice. In general though theres nothing too hard in the song, its just a matter of consistency.
46. YYZ- One of the funnest charts in the series, this puts your fretting to the test for once. Hopo chains are everywhere, with hooks and zigzags galore. Nothing is overly fast, but you have to stay on your toes for sure.
45. No One Knows- Fairly long song with some awkward chord changes, but the real tricky part is the bass/guitar solo- alternating strums and hopos while switching frets the whole time, almost like a slow BB solo 1b. Not too bad with some practice, but still one of the toughest sections in the game.
44. Beast and the Harlot- This is a really long song and it really tests your stamina and focus. Strumming patterns vary wildly, especially near the end of the song. Nothing is overly fast, but its random enough to miss if you arent paying close attention.
43. Cowboys from Hell- Pretty easy song for most of the run, although it has some slightly tricky hopo chains during the guitar solo. However the outro is fairly tricky strumming- short but way too easy to miss.
42. Raining Blood- A few fast strumming sections during mosh 1 that end on different strums, plus the outro is pretty quick and random. Nothing overly hard but the whole song is fast and keeps you on your toes.

GHM
49. Dyers Eve- This song is relentless. Five verses, each with a seemingly random pattern of open notes and frets, strums and hopos. The verses also get harder as you progress through the song, with 5 being by far the hardest section in the song. Not to mention the guitar solo has a ton of fast strumming, and ends with another verse-like pattern. Even the easy parts outside the verses contain a lot of fast strumming, sometimes ending on different strums than you expect. Just a tough song throughout.
48. Fight Fire with Fire- This song really comes down to that burning riff. There are five of these sections in the song, with the first being three times the length. It is a mess of hopos and open notes, which you have to get the timing down perfectly when to strum and when to fret. Once you get it down you can get somewhat consistent, but its hard to hit it all five times. Even FCing outside the burning riffs can be tough, too!
47. War Ensemble- This is the ultimate arm-killer. Three sections of strumming, each 14 nps, lasting anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds! The hardest is the infamous purple wall, which starts off with an evil hopo open note, and ends with three slower strums to make overstrums so much easier. The intro is also tricky, and guitar solo 1 has more fast strumming, in smaller bursts.
46. Disposable Heroes- The pre-choruses are the hard parts here. Gallop strumming everywhere, but there is no consistent pattern. Throw in some hopos and youre gonna have a tough time. This pattern repeats throughout the song, including in the outro. And this is the second longest song in the game, too!
45. All Nightmare Long- The difficulty here mostly comes from how broken the strumming sections are. There are two long fast strumming sections, and both devolve into some very awkward time signature BS, which forces you to slow down and speed up to avoid missing. On top of this, near the end of the song there are some very fast slider notes, which have to be played super early to avoid missing. All of this on such a long song makes for a tough FC.
44. Master of Puppets- Another long song, with some tricky open note/strum patterns, in the beginning especially. This of course repeats near the end of the song, with some fast gallops thrown in for good measure.
43. Creeping Death- Nothing too fast, but the open note pattern can be very tricky to hit every time, as it varies throughout the song. The outro is also fast chord strumming, which can be very easily missed.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it ended up being over 50 songs. Here is how I would rank them, personally:

50. So Lonely
49. Cowboys from Hell
48. Disconnected
47. Sweet Home Alabama
46. Come to Life
45. Beast and the Harlot
44. Psychosocial
43. Creeping Death
42. Parabola
41. Purple Haze
40. Done with Everything, Die for Nothing
39. I'm the One
38. Vicarious
37. Soul Doubt
36. No One Knows
35. Master of Puppets
34. Lust for Life
33. Hot for Teacher (VH)
32. Painkiller
31. Rockin in the Free World
30. Indians
29. Sympathy for the Devil
28. Heartbreaker
27. Stranglehold
26. Overkill
25. YYZ
24. The Takedown
23. Pull Me Under
22. Nemesis
21. Speeding
20. If You Want Peace, Prepare for War
19. Loss of Control
18. Prisoner of Society
17. Fury of the Storm
16. All Nightmare Long
15. Through the Fire and Flames
14. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
13. Disposable Heroes
12. Do You Feel Like We Do?
11. Romeo Delight
10. Freebird
9. Deadfall
8. War Ensemble
7. Chemical Warfare
6. Fight Fire with Fire
5. BYOB
4. 21st Century Schizoid Man
3. Dyer's Eve
2. Hot for Teacher (WT)
1. This Day We Fight

This was a very quick ranking based on memories from almost a year ago, and only using the lists I previously wrote. There's a good chance that more GHM or WoR would bump off some of the lower songs on the list from GH5 or VH, for example. I would say it gets pretty accurate for the top 20 or so, though.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Ambrgarden  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question #DM: Are these songs easier or harder than My Apocalypse?

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
The Judas Kiss
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those songs are all easier. My Apocalypse is the hardest song on Death Magnetic.

Alex, your list is super interesting. I have very different opinions on a lot of songs. I think I would have Chemical Warfare at least 10 spots easier. Romeo Delight would move way easier. I would move Holy Wars up to right behind War Ensemble. Stranglehold and Vicarious would get moved up a lot. Just off the top of my head those ones stood out.

I wish I had put together full game breakdowns back when I was very familiar with all the games.
Ambrgarden  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question #DLC1: Are these songs easier or harder than My Apocalypse?

Cousins
Gor-Gor
Iron Fist
Living Dead Beat
Almost Easy
Can You Take Me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: