ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Score Hero UK Meet Thread - Next Meet: 2008 Sometime!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is better for you?
2nd and 3rd August
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
9th and 10th August
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
16th and 17th August
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Not Fussed
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 19

MOPP  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well il be up for that 3rd date too, likely to be i England - Ipswich to be exact - nearer that date, visiting family. So im definately up for going Il Need a definate time and place well in advance, to book trains etc.

Off topic, have most of us here got Rock Band then?
All instruments and the game, and absolutely loving it

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, because we have too many awesome people around to not have a UK meet at some point. Now that Rock Band's out, and people's exams will be finishing up shortly, we could probably figure out when we can organise a meet. So...

First thing is where, more than anything. No good deciding a date if we've got no venue. I assume that it's either London or Manchester, with the former being preferred? Last time we nabbed a hotel, and that was good fun, but we were lucky in the sense that it was nigh-on empty. We might not be as lucky this time. So it's either a hotel/rented hall/etc, or someone's house/apartment/etc. If I still lived in my old house, I'd unhesitatingly offer it for usage, but my new one is just waaaay too small to accommodate more than about two. =P

Second is when, I assume it's going to be July or August now, avoiding family holidays and such. Possibly on a weekend if people are working.

Third is who's coming!

Fourth is for how long for =P we can come to that later.

Thoughts? I'm not offering myself as ringleader here, but I'll try and find what I can in regards to staying in places.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this happens somewhere in the last week of July i MIGHT be able to pop by, really big letters on the MIGHT
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
Bump, because we have too many awesome people around to not have a UK meet at some point. Now that Rock Band's out, and people's exams will be finishing up shortly, we could probably figure out when we can organise a meet. So...

First thing is where, more than anything. No good deciding a date if we've got no venue. I assume that it's either London or Manchester, with the former being preferred? Last time we nabbed a hotel, and that was good fun, but we were lucky in the sense that it was nigh-on empty. We might not be as lucky this time. So it's either a hotel/rented hall/etc, or someone's house/apartment/etc. If I still lived in my old house, I'd unhesitatingly offer it for usage, but my new one is just waaaay too small to accommodate more than about two. =P

Second is when, I assume it's going to be July or August now, avoiding family holidays and such. Possibly on a weekend if people are working.

Third is who's coming!

Fourth is for how long for =P we can come to that later.

Thoughts? I'm not offering myself as ringleader here, but I'll try and find what I can in regards to staying in places.

If it is held at the start of July, I should be able to get us the Church hall in Muswell Hill, London, to use as I will be staying at the Vicarage there. If this seems like a popular choice, I'll go about sorting it out. It may be problematic getting it on a weekend though and I would not be able to provide any equipment.
stephit  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i come i might bring about 2 or 3 others too, it might be hard for me to go at the begining of august too but i can try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for kick starting this again Swift, you get my vote as chief ringleader! ;)

I'm up for this whenever it happens as I' finally back in the country for a while with no plans to leave again till late September. (unless work sends me on another 5 days notice trip to some random Oil refinery!)

A hall or conference room would definitely be the best option. Regarding bringing equipment ect. I'm pretty happy to fill my little van up to the brim if it means we can all rock out

thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in, no one is stopping me

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
Whitesquall  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i was hopin come to this ill probably bring a mate if its in london, manchesters too far and im lazy lol
christiano27  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on when this goes down I'm game.

The best dates for me are the August ones and I really would like to go to a UK SH meet and be humbled by some great players!

It's a shame It'll be in London too that's a treck for me but if the date is right then I'll probably come down 'cos I've not been to Landen town for aaages!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god this thread has been reinstated
Was getting worried we might forget about a meet after it was quiet for soo long.
Well, regardless of whether if it was in London or Manchester, im up for going. Its a mighty trek from the the north-east of Scotland, but its probably worth it
End of July/August is fine for me, im back at school on 19th i think.
But either way, count me in.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
darklights  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely consider it. I'd need to know a date quite in advance, but any time in the summer should be good. I could go with Rishi he lives like 10 minutes away from me

FC Stillborn [X]
FC Sweet Home Alabama [ ]
Top 50 Xbox [X]
Top 50 overall [ ]
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's gonna be in London, I'll definitely be up for it. Not that I'll rule it out if it's further away, but it'll be less certain. Whatever's best for the majority really.

As for the date, I'm not fussed. I only pack books in boxes for a living while I'm home from uni, and I can totally pick when (or even if) I work 'cos it's an agency thing. The only possible spanner in the works is exam resits, since I'm fairly sure I'm gonna need to resit one of them at least. Dunno when that'll be, as yet.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yudlugar wrote:
If it is held at the start of July, I should be able to get us the Church hall in Muswell Hill, London, to use as I will be staying at the Vicarage there. If this seems like a popular choice, I'll go about sorting it out. It may be problematic getting it on a weekend though and I would not be able to provide any equipment.

Very kind of you...specifically when, in early July? It seems that the best date would be late July judging by the posts here...in regards to preferred dates, we have:

-Swift: Can't make 13th-20th July, or 2nd-9th August.
-Christiano: Prefers August dates.
-Stephit: Early August could be tough.
-MOPP: End of July/Early August is best, not beyond 19th August.
-buM: Last week of July, big maybe.

...And everyone else is pretty much good with any date? We should get the others that were around last time involved, too (Mikey, Sottle, etc). Equipment looks like it can be handled by Bob (thanks!), and I along with others can no doubt chip in there. The big thing right now though, is the venue. If anyone has any ideas or is willing to cast around for a decent place to go for a bit, say so! We have yudlugar's very kind early July offer there right now, but that's all.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
yudlugar wrote:

Very kind of you...specifically when, in early July? It seems that the best date would be late July judging by the posts here...in regards to preferred dates, we have:

-Swift: Can't make 13th-20th July, or 2nd-9th August.
-Christiano: Prefers August dates.
-Stephit: Early August could be tough.
-MOPP: End of July/Early August is best, not beyond 19th August.
-buM: Last week of July, big maybe.

...And everyone else is pretty much good with any date? We should get the others that were around last time involved, too (Mikey, Sottle, etc). Equipment looks like it can be handled by Bob (thanks!), and I along with others can no doubt chip in there. The big thing right now though, is the venue. If anyone has any ideas or is willing to cast around for a decent place to go for a bit, say so! We have yudlugar's very kind early July offer there right now, but that's all.

Before July 15th.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
...And everyone else is pretty much good with any date?

Pretty much... one of the weekends around my birthday might be a bit up in the air depending on what my mates are up to (so that'll be 16/17th or 23/24th August) but I've got nothing solid planned at all. No doubt I'll be going down to Brighton for a few days at some point but that'll be whenever I'm bored, really.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64

Jump to: