ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
www.itgfreak.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: www.itgfreak.com Reply with quote

In The Groove. Probably ultimately better than DDR, you guys should check out some videos and stuff. Just letting you guys know.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and it has Mines to avoid, hand moves, and 50 mods that you can go crazy with. If you use Hide Targets, Hide Judgement, and Invisible, you will simulate real-life ITG.

Last edited by Metalmuppet on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, I never liked ITG that much; it seemed more aimed at being hard then fun. But then again, I've never tried ITG2, either.
ghstan  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ITG is silly, it's just a modified stepmania build anyway, DDR is no longer fun in reverse, 50 mines, hand plants, backflips, it sucks.
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the game, but I don't like the general attitude of top-level players. Errors with pads occur and all, I understand that, but their attitude seems to be "Simply ignore ALL mines, dropped holds, and any steps of a grade lower than Excellent, regardless of whether the cause was you or the pad." That, and a lot of them just come off like jerks too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. I mean, here, we have quite a few top people, but only one of them I find with an attitude problem. Could just be me, though, but oh well.

And ITG was being more aimed at for hard than fun, IMO. It really pushed the players' limits to the line and beyond, making them work harder for something that most of us fell in love with.

Goals:
-Have a life [X]
N00bSaib0t  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: www.itgfreak.com Reply with quote

DemonHybrid wrote:
In The Groove. Probably ultimately better than DDR, you guys should check out some videos and stuff. Just letting you guys know.

welcome to 3 years ago, dumb ass.

sure its fun if you like shitty step charts. almost all the expert 9s new to ITG2 were the same thing, thats not better than DDR, thats lame. using mines to inflate difficulty is lame as well. the mines in something like lemmings on the run or anubis are one thing, but vertex^2 is stupid(and yes, i can pass it).

really, about all ITG2 did right was difficulty. it was damn hard. konami could take a lesson from RoXoR when it comes to hard step charts. FAXX and FELM are dumb, and HDVo is outright retarded.

this one is my personal preference, but from the stuff new to ITG2, i only like maybe 5 of the songs. they just didnt choose good music. i do however like the music from ITG1, so dont accuse me of fanboying. i'm not saying ITG sucks, i'm saying ITG2 does. i loved the first game.
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've warned you before about being a dick on these forums. Take your elitist crap back to ddrfreak. You are hereby banned.
pksage  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best ITG players are elitist assholes just like the best DDR players, because...they're the same people. All the good players migrated from DDR to ITG when ITG2 came out.

I personally prefer DDR, because the steps tend to complement the music rather than follow it exactly. (Well, not counting Supernova, which is largely crap.) ITG, however, has MANY excellent charts - Destiny hard, for example, uses the ITG-exclusive elements very well. And for all the people complaining about hands and mines, either just play one of the dozens of charts that doesn't use either or just turn them off. Or, y'know, learn to play with them. :P

ITG also has the benefit of playing custom songs - R21 lets you play Stepmania files straight from your USB memory key. So there's that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness, Pickles is a really nice guy, and last I knew, one of the top DDR players.
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm just a drama magnet.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
In all fairness, Pickles is a really nice guy, and last I knew, one of the top DDR players.

QFT! He is one of my best friends Probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. Very laid back, very friendly and helpful, and not an elitist asshole.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
Matt wrote:

QFT! He is one of my best friends Probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. Very laid back, very friendly and helpful, and not an elitist asshole.

True. Unfortunately, he seems to be an exception to the rule. I dunno, maybe they're all cool guys once you meet 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a phenomenon with dancing games... It seems like awesome IIDX players, popn players, and guitar hero players are far less often elitist assholes. Maybe it was because DDR saw such a huge influx of very low level players when it hit america, that it almost created a caste system.... I don't think there is the same problem in Japan.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, I really like some of the step-charts in ITG1.

Hybrid Expert, Rome0 and Juli8 expert, they just seem to flow so well and are so well made that I enjoy them immensely.

Plus there's nothing better then the 6 arrows at once on Bend your Mind doubles expert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: