ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
new league division suggestion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: new league division suggestion Reply with quote

So I don't know if this has been suggested before or if this is the right place to suggest it but here it is

An extreme league, (best I could think of)
where the only songs played each week are the extremely difficult songs that people cannot FC(note loose use of cannot). Songs would include: Six, Hanger 18, Institutionalized, Psychobilly Freakout, Beast and the Harlot, Jordan etc.

It would be 1 MAYBE 2 songs a week. Obvisouly Expert only, for the best players.

I think this would be popular because it would be much less of a time commitment, and it would not force poeple to replay easy squeeze fest songs that take a lot of time to perfect but most people don't really like playing again. It would help top players improve their scores, but its focused on the most diffucult songs. Maybe re kindle interest in the leagues from the Top players, and also give people that are rising to the top a place to show off their skills against the older top players.

Anyone interested?
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, this would be better run as just a group rivalry, not as a full blown league.
JR626  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea. Squeezefests are just as competitive with the top players as harder songs are. Not that I would qualify for it at all, but yeah I agree with elx.

You could start something like this in the Rivalries forum.
tinytimFTW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
In my opinion, this would be better run as just a group rivalry, not as a full blown league.

Agreed
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesnt fit our current format so it cant be a division of current league, but im sure it would be a good group rivalry (as elx points out). I would be fine with you using our scoring algorithm, should you wish to.

The way the system works right now it is coded witht he difficulty of songs and it always tries to pick four songs that span the whole range of difficulties. So one song is almost always an AAA squeezefest, while one other is from what you are calling the 'extreme' group. That way we try not to bias the rankings too much based upon individual people's skill at each of those areas.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: