ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scorehero's XBL Poker Night! (UPDATED 9/19/08)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Scorehero's XBL Poker Night! (UPDATED 9/19/08) Reply with quote

Woohoo! Looks like The oRidGEinal wins!

I think it's time we gave the Poker League a little break while all the new games come out. See you in the Winter!

RANKINGS
Summer 2008 League: 13 weeks (June 27th to September 19th)

Code:

Rank Player            Gamertag            Games  Win  Place  Show   Win PCT   ITM PCT  Last Played
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1   TheRidGE          The oRidGEinal        4     3     0     1       .750     1.000    08/29/08
 2   ShinobiAC         ShinobiAC             4     2     0     2       .500     1.000    08/29/08
 3   Silly             Loistava              2     1     0     0       .500      .500    08/15/08
 4   Kap10             Kap10                 2     0     1     1       .000     1.000    08/15/08
 5   muna              munamaniac            1     0     1     0       .000     1.000    08/01/08
 6   BrianBAM19        BrianBAM19            3     0     2     0       .000      .667    08/08/08
 7   egraves7          egraves7              3     0     1     1       .000      .667    08/15/08
 8   Sakst82           sakst82               2     0     1     0       .000      .500    08/29/08
 9   The2NerdyOnes     The2NerdyOnes         2     0     0     1       .000      .500    08/01/08
 10  Mushy2008         Mushy2008             4     0     0     1       .000      .250    08/29/08
 11  bdawg95           bdawg95               2     0     0     0       .000      .000    08/15/08
 11  thecaptainof      thecaptainof          1     0     0     0       .000      .000    08/08/08

*** Ranked by Win Percentage then In The Money (W/P/S), with total Games played tiebreaker ***

Unranked
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     mReaL             mReaL                 1     0     0     0       .000      .000    07/18/08
     DiscGolferPro     DiscGolferPro         1     0     1     0       .000     1.000    07/18/08
     Glock             Glock9 DC             1     1     0     0      1.000     1.000    07/18/08

Can I join anytime?
Yes! As long as you get 4 games played in the season you will get ranked.

When we play
The new time of this event is Fridays at 8:00 PM EDT. This is Eastern Daylight Time (i.e. New York time.) 7:00 PM Central. 5:00 PM on the West Coast. Look it up in Wikipedia for other places. The tourneys last about an hour unless there are very good (and lucky) exchanges. We've had tourneys go about an hour and a half so plan for about that much time when you join in.

How to play
If you are a New Player, post your gamertag in this thread and I will add you to the list below. Someone will log in here and send you an invite. Anyone can join anytime! After you play your first game people will find you more easily if you're logged into HoldEm when we all send out invites. If you are a Current Player, help me out by logging in here 30 minutes prior to the weekly game and scan this list. Send invites to the gamertags below (in addition to the Regulars in your friend list) and start up the tourney. If there are multiple tables created then just collapse them into the one that has the most players. I personally can't wait for the day we get more than ONE table LOL! All players in a tournament should take some time to add all the players they don't currently have on their friend list when they have a break in the action (folding early, being a spectator, after the game ends ...etc...)

How to start the Tournament
- 15 minutes before the start of the tourney, log in to HoldEm
- Start a Multiplayer... Tournament...
- Select Player Match and then Create Match,
- Set the Blinds to $10/$20, press 'A' then,
- Assign all the Seats to 'Private',
- Create the table and then hit the Xbox button to monitor your friend list,
- Send invites to whoever pops up that is in the XBL Poker thread.
EASY!

More than 8 players?
- Two players will each create a table,
- These two players will invite the others until the tables are balanced (it doesn't matter who goes where),
- Both tables will compete down to the last two players on EACH table,
- Once there are only 4 players left in the preliminary round, PM each other and pick someone to create a brand new tourney,
- The final 4 players will compete in the new tourney for final Win, Place, Show positions.

Qualifying Rules
There must be at least 4 players per week and if you don't play at least once every 4 weeks, you will be dropped from the rankings. Your record will be preserved and you will be re-ranked when you play the next time. To be eligible for a win you must have played at least 4 times (which is easily achieved with 13 weeks in the season). This will address the players who might play only one or two times, get a win and then never show up again. Once you have played 4 games you will be permanently ranked.

TIP: For everyone...
When you get knocked out you have the option of sticking around to watch the end of the tourney BUT the game makes it confusing because it keeps asking you press 'A' and if you do it too many times it'll log you out. Make sure your last press of 'A' is the one to Stay as a Spectator. Then put the controller down. You don't need to press 'A' after this.

Waiting to play
Summer 2008 League: 13 weeks (June 27th to September 19th)

Code:

Player            Gamertag
---------------------------------
GallantPugly      GallantPugly
Quakmybush        Quakmybush
Crazed            Crazed mfer
Akaleth           Akaleth
IHeartParamore    NineInchNails
Venge             Venge lml
GetThere1Time     GetThere1Time
fal296            flopppy
edvik             DivineRelic
RLKDragon         RLKDragon
TheLonging        TheLonging
freakinalex       freakinalex

Past Winners
Spring 2008 League: (Ended June 20th)
Winner: BrianBAM (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=803796#803796)

Winter 2008 League: (Ended March 18th)
Winner: Venge (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=799602#799602)

Fall 2007 League (Ended December 18th)
Winner: BigE (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=610086#610086)

Summer 2007 League (Ended September 18th)
Winner: GallantPugly (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=405734#405734)

Credit goes to Hylian for making the original banner that I then gutted with my extremely limited photoshop experience. All times and dates are subject to change, and could be changed at anytime without notification. Actually, that's kind of a lie. I'll probably notify first. Otherwise no one would show up. Why the fuck did I add colors and bold text to every single goddamn name in this post? What came over me to do that? Why do I continue to go along with it? Fuck, I'm a dumbass sometimes. But by you reading this disclaimer, you confirm that you do not think I'm a dumbass. Don't believe me? Then why the fuck are you reading this disclaimer? Thought so. scorehero.com reserves the right to ban your account at any time for any reason at their discretion. If at any point they do so, don't expect to be joining more poker games. You were probably acting like a dumbass anyway. This post is bbcode hell. This post is bbcode hell. Editing this post is a pain in the fucking ass now. Too many boxes. Holy shit the boxes. Llama llama llama llama. I'm a llama. Why the fuck are you reading this? Please note that if at any point BigE wins, it's a complete fluke as that guy sucks horribly at poker. Really. Basser is amazing, especially when he doesn't realize he has a flush. Also cocks. Please note that when you enter a poker game hosted by me, you forfeit all of your material possessions, your soul, and your Guitar Hero skillz to me. Same with Rock Band. Boy is that game Rock Band awesome. It's probably why Alakaiser doesn't bother with poker anymore. Rock Band Rock Band Rock Band! WHOAAAAAA! WHOAAAAAAAAAA! WHOOOOOAAAAA! God I love Rock Band. Head on! Apply directly to the forehead. Head on! Apply directly to the forehead. Head on! Apply directly to the forehead. Xbox 360, Xbox Live, and just about everything else in the world are registered trademarks of Mircosoft, which is also a registered trademark. Christ, that's a lot of trademarks. Credit to DGP for making this post nice and pretty. It's still bbcode hell, but at least hell got a facelift. Subliminal message. Subliminal message. Subliminal message. Subliminal message. Seriously, why the fuck are you reading this. Go outside. Get a life. Try playing real guitar. All right reserved.

PS: This douchebaggery was originated by Kaiser. I wash my hands of this disclaimer, but still... I can't bring myself to remove it :-) ---DGP

I'd also like to note that DGP is a weiner.

Last edited by discgolferpro on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:18 am; edited 117 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to BrianBAM who won the Spring 2008 season!

The Summer 2008 season will begin on FRIDAY June 27th at 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time.

I'll leave the old rankings up until we get a tourney in.

If you didn't play in the Spring league and want to join us, post in this thread and I'll add your gamer tag to the 'Waiting to Play' list. One of the players will send you an invite before the tourney starts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
egraves7  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck tonight, everyone, do your best to avoid a back to back victory for ol' Brian. I won't be on for the foreseeable future, (RRoD) but I'll be watching.

Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is totally on... I really didn't get a really good start last season missing a lot of games... But Brian you are So going down... No back to Backs for you... :-)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My status for tonight won't be certain, I'm getting ready for a major get-together tomorrow, and I have to help pack for my family vacation(which btw because of that I won't be around the next 3 Fridays for). So if I'm not here tonight I'll basically be missing the first 4 weeks of the season. Don't let Mushy dominate while I'm gone now. ;)

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be making it this week as I'm hanging with some friends. Friday night is a pretty rough time! Hopefully I can make next week's event.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in playing. I should be able to play tonight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't play this week. I'm getting ready for the get-together tomorrow.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually play a game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakst, we need your gamertag. It's not in your profile.

I will be on tonight. Don't worry Brian, I'll make sure Mushy doesn't get all the winnings the next 4 weeks... wait, you won last season. Why am I helping you? Oh yeah, because it also helps myself.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRidGE wrote:
Sakst, we need your gamertag. It's not in your profile.

I will be on tonight. Don't worry Brian, I'll make sure Mushy doesn't get all the winnings the next 4 weeks... wait, you won last season. Why am I helping you? Oh yeah, because it also helps myself.

Yeah of course you are not going to let me win these next 4 weeks... because right when Brian gets back He wins out the rest of the season lol :-) and thus placing you 2nd... Which I stole from you :-)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Sakst82  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gamertag is sakst82. I hope someone sends me an invite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is someone gonna send out invites? I don't know what I'm doing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I'm getting on right now, my mom had to call me to help her with something real quick.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we only had four people for tonight's game, but still made the best of it. The order of places went:

4th: Sakst82
3rd: Mushy2008
2nd: BrianBAM19
1st: TheRidGE

Mushy lost more than half his stack against me early in the match, then the same with Sakst and Brian. Mushy managed to not just outlast Sakst, but actually take him out. (now note that the top 3 finishers in the spring season are the top 3 for the forst game of the summer season) Unfortunately, Mushy's 800 chips could not hold up well to mine and Brian's 2000+ stacks. I was finally able to take out Mushy, leaving Brian and myself. I made a fair bluff at one hand, and actually did scare Brian off. Then, a few hands later, we both limped in to see the flop. His pocket kings would have been good, had I not flopped a flush. He couldn't catch up, giving me the win. It was a good match all around.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start! Looks like RL got in the way tonight for a few people.

See you next week!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: