Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A ton of Rock Band Details
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toasty  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: A ton of Rock Band Details Reply with quote

Copied and Pasted, not by me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163628

- One disk with 4 separate campaigns. Guitar, Drum, Bass and Vocal. Each can be played on its own from start to finish, in addition, a full band game is designed to allow for one huge co-op playthrough.

- Will feature full support for four player online play on both 360 and PS3. Any combination of on/offline play will work and each player can pick their own difficulty setting.

- Flexible community system will allow you to find bandmates anywhere in the world

- There will be a way for you to share your band's triumphs with the world, but the details are still under wraps.

- Musical fret-boards are now transparent so you can see more of the background visuals. Guitar is on the left side of the screen, Bass on the right and drums down the middle. Vocals scroll from right to left along the top of the screen.

- Guitars and Bass now have 10 frets. 5 for the regular sections of the game and 5 for the newly designated solo sections.

- Whammy bar is back as is the tilt to activate rock band's version of star power

- there is a five way switch on the guitar that allows for 5 different self-applied effects to the sound.

- Singing is now more in depth. There is a phoneme detector that will pick up individual vowels and consonants you say. Build up enough highly judged phrases and you'll be able to sing free-form. If you do well enough in free-form, then you'll trigger the vocalist's version of star power.

- Microphone doubles as a tambourine on many songs to combat super long guitar solos where the singer doesn't have much to do.

- Drums are apparently insane. You use actual sticks and hit one of four colored pads in front of you, in addition to a kick pedal attached to the drumming unit. Drummers will also have the ability to do fills etc. in their own little free-form section, do well and you'll trigger the drummers version of star power.

- If one person fails, the whole band does not fail, their section simply turns gray and they have to sit out the rest of the song unless one your band mates initiates star power, which will bring you back into the fold.

- If all bandmates can reach the end of a song, you'll be greeted with one huge free-form jam session.

- There will be a character creation system, and you can create multiple avatars that play different instruments.

- Four themed clothing stores in addition to licensed guitars and pedals and other rock paraphernalia.

- A full set of mo-cap stage movements have been added for each instrument. You can decide whether your vocalist moves like Axel Rose, or stands his ground like Clapton.

- 40 performance venues planned

- All peripherals will be unique to each platform. This isn't the developer's decision. Apparently MS peripherals require special circuit boards.

- You'll be able to craft your own band logo

- The HUD in the screens isn't final but is a good indication of what you can expect

- 4 songs announced in the article, not sure if this is new or old but whatever.
Weezer - Say It Ain't So - Original Master Track
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - Original Master Track
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - Original Master Track
Nirvana - In Bloom - Original Master Track

INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTIONS

Sorry I can't post photos so my descriptions will have to suffice

Guitars/Bass

Guitars are an exact 3/4 replica of a Fender Strat.

Xplorer guitars will work for 360 owners, but you may not be able to pass on all the new stuff this model has.

Five familiar buttons near the top of the neck, five buttons near the body of the guitar. You will use these new buttons during specially designed solo sections using ONLY hammer ons and pull offs, no having to worry about your strum bar. Signature Fender 5-way switch has been added. By shopping at the in game store you'll be able to purchase several virtual effects pedals such as Flange, Wah, Chorus and Echo. These can be applied during your song by setting the 5 way switch to the desired effect.

Microphone

There will eventually be a Rock Band branded Mic

Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity. Mics will be usable as tambourines during certain songs.

That's all for mics!

DRUMS

The picture of the drum peripheral in the mag is not final.

It consists of four pads, a kick pedal and legs for the enire unit to stand on. Think of it as a TV dinner tray stand only cooler

Leftmost pad (red) is your snare drum, everything else doubles as toms and cymbals depending on the song.

A set of real wooden drum sticks will ship with the unit.

A piece of the stand can be taken off so that the unit can sit lower, or on a coffee table.

There is a kick pedal

If you play drums in this game on hard or expert, then you're really playing the drums. Apparently you could sit down at a real set and play the same songs.

THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE

Sorry for spelling and grammar. Was doing this while doing work.

Does anyopne have GI? Scan the pics and article NAO!!!!!1!!11!!123q$5354252!

I'm clicking, but I can't select your ass. Sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: lolToasty Wii Friend Code: 0211033902722994
PalatableSumo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: A ton of Rock Band Details Reply with quote

Toasty wrote:
Copied and Pasted, not by me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163628

- One disk with 4 separate campaigns. Guitar, Drum, Bass and Vocal. Each can be played on its own from start to finish, in addition, a full band game is designed to allow for one huge co-op playthrough.

- Will feature full support for four player online play on both 360 and PS3. Any combination of on/offline play will work and each player can pick their own difficulty setting.

- Flexible community system will allow you to find bandmates anywhere in the world

- There will be a way for you to share your band's triumphs with the world, but the details are still under wraps.

- Musical fret-boards are now transparent so you can see more of the background visuals. Guitar is on the left side of the screen, Bass on the right and drums down the middle. Vocals scroll from right to left along the top of the screen.

- Guitars and Bass now have 10 frets. 5 for the regular sections of the game and 5 for the newly designated solo sections.

- Whammy bar is back as is the tilt to activate rock band's version of star power

- there is a five way switch on the guitar that allows for 5 different self-applied effects to the sound.

- Singing is now more in depth. There is a phoneme detector that will pick up individual vowels and consonants you say. Build up enough highly judged phrases and you'll be able to sing free-form. If you do well enough in free-form, then you'll trigger the vocalist's version of star power.

- Microphone doubles as a tambourine on many songs to combat super long guitar solos where the singer doesn't have much to do.

- Drums are apparently insane. You use actual sticks and hit one of four colored pads in front of you, in addition to a kick pedal attached to the drumming unit. Drummers will also have the ability to do fills etc. in their own little free-form section, do well and you'll trigger the drummers version of star power.

- If one person fails, the whole band does not fail, their section simply turns gray and they have to sit out the rest of the song unless one your band mates initiates star power, which will bring you back into the fold.

- If all bandmates can reach the end of a song, you'll be greeted with one huge free-form jam session.

- There will be a character creation system, and you can create multiple avatars that play different instruments.

- Four themed clothing stores in addition to licensed guitars and pedals and other rock paraphernalia.

- A full set of mo-cap stage movements have been added for each instrument. You can decide whether your vocalist moves like Axel Rose, or stands his ground like Clapton.

- 40 performance venues planned

- All peripherals will be unique to each platform. This isn't the developer's decision. Apparently MS peripherals require special circuit boards.

- You'll be able to craft your own band logo

- The HUD in the screens isn't final but is a good indication of what you can expect

- 4 songs announced in the article, not sure if this is new or old but whatever.
Weezer - Say It Ain't So - Original Master Track
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - Original Master Track
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - Original Master Track
Nirvana - In Bloom - Original Master Track

INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTIONS

Sorry I can't post photos so my descriptions will have to suffice

Guitars/Bass

Guitars are an exact 3/4 replica of a Fender Strat.

Xplorer guitars will work for 360 owners, but you may not be able to pass on all the new stuff this model has.

Five familiar buttons near the top of the neck, five buttons near the body of the guitar. You will use these new buttons during specially designed solo sections using ONLY hammer ons and pull offs, no having to worry about your strum bar. Signature Fender 5-way switch has been added. By shopping at the in game store you'll be able to purchase several virtual effects pedals such as Flange, Wah, Chorus and Echo. These can be applied during your song by setting the 5 way switch to the desired effect.

Microphone

There will eventually be a Rock Band branded Mic

Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity. Mics will be usable as tambourines during certain songs.

That's all for mics!

DRUMS

The picture of the drum peripheral in the mag is not final.

It consists of four pads, a kick pedal and legs for the enire unit to stand on. Think of it as a TV dinner tray stand only cooler

Leftmost pad (red) is your snare drum, everything else doubles as toms and cymbals depending on the song.

A set of real wooden drum sticks will ship with the unit.

A piece of the stand can be taken off so that the unit can sit lower, or on a coffee table.

There is a kick pedal

If you play drums in this game on hard or expert, then you're really playing the drums. Apparently you could sit down at a real set and play the same songs.

THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE

Sorry for spelling and grammar. Was doing this while doing work.

Does anyopne have GI? Scan the pics and article NAO!!!!!1!!11!!123q$5354252!

That tells you a lot, but I wish they would put pics of the new guitars and the other instruments so you can see 'em
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really sweet. I already reserved the game.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
DOOManiac  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. :O

This fall cannot come soon enough.
sircuddles  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is all I can say.

JC better get to work right now on revamping the website to allow for something this huge... no idea how that's going to work. Good luck JC! ;)

At first I thought RB was a stupid idea, but all this info sounds f*cking awesome.
RayXCoolX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will be amazing, I can't wait for it. I an going to do the drums as well as guitar.
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of crappy, but here are the pictures of the instruments. I don't believe that anyone else has these.

Guitar:http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/BrianBAM19/RockBandGuitar.jpg

Microphone:http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/BrianBAM19/RockBandMicrophone.jpg

Drums:http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/BrianBAM19/RockBandDrums.jpg

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
EndofDays  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some crappy screen, still they look awesome cant wait until it come.

daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they revamp the drums from that pic, or it'll be a huge dissapointment.

i'll probably play it none the less.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game is what i'm saving my money for, i'm buying all accesoires for sure, no doubt.
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
I hope they revamp the drums from that pic, or it'll be a huge dissapointment.

i'll probably play it none the less.
According to Game Informer's article(which is where I got the pictures from), it says, quote, "While Harmonix hadn't finalized every aspect of the final drum set, they did have a working prototype that is unlikely to change dramatically before release." In my picture of the drums, what it says right beside it is, "This isn't an exact representation of the drum set--Harmonix should reveal the final design soon. We crafted this picture from memory based on the time we played with the prototype." Expect something different from the picture. As for the guitar and microphone, no changes of any sort are expected to be made.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
GinsuVictim  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want good pictures of the guitar? Check it out!
http://www.ps3news.com/forums/site-news/rock-band-stratocaster-revealed-77763.html
Jugster  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Fender Rock Band guitar Reply with quote

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/061907/composite_2.htm?affid=3000&mc_id=0619nl
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/061907/composite_3.htm?affid=3000&mc_id=0619nl

This guitar looks much better than the Gibson IMO. Really nice!
brando208  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Wikipedia, the bass won't have its own campaign because the bass lines are too simple.

Quote:
Information on the gameplay was revealed by the July 2007 issue of Game Informer. Three of the instruments (guitar, drums, and voice) will have its own campaign, as well as a band campaign for multiple players. It was revealed in the issue that the bass lines for the game are too simple to constitute an entire campaign.
trofl  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brando208 wrote:
According to Wikipedia...

Just stop there. According to Wikipedia, Metallica was going to be in GH2, too...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: