Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Huwonk vs Rabies - Expert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk...yer the best man. Thank you for being patient with me on this one. I kinda hate to one up you after taking my sweet time..but you have been kicking my a$$ as of late...so...

285903 - 100% 658 notes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! 5th place (as of this writing) baby! This is a 73k increase over my previous high score!

With the exception of last night (where I had no time), I have played this song for at least an hour a night over the last week...and I could see myself making progress...and I realized around Wed that 100% was within the realm of possiblity...It was just damn hard to get a perfect run.

Tonight..I load up..and on the second try..I get this. I had to alter my start path some days ago because for some reason, everytime I tried to activate in the middle of the hard part (the optimal star strat), I would mess up.

Ok..your pick next. I'll speed it up some to keep your interest again.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job!!!! I knew I should have went for the FC!

My next pick is More Than a Feeling. We both need to FC this.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm moving this weekend, so I won't have much time because I'll be getting ready to move. I'll try to get a score up before I move, but if I don't, it won't be until early next week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea..I don't know what my deal is with more than a feeling. For some reason, the game always wants to register missed notes during the main riff here and there..and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why. It is quire infuriating...as the song is pretty damn easy.....or at least, I THOUGHT it was easy..

EDIT.

Ok..this song is seriously pissing me off. FC'ing the solo should be the only thing that is slightly difficult. however, I can pretty much do that 75% of my runs..

HOWEVER,

for unknown reasons, the game is constantly saying I am missing parts here and there on the main guitar riff....AND I DON'T F;ING KNOW WHY!!!!

I have not even come close to a 280k score yet..much less break it. WTF is going on! At this point, my only recourse may be to videotape the screen and see if i am doing something wrong unconciously. I swear to you, each time the main chorus riff comes up, I cannot keep a combo...and I seriously do not understand why.
rabies  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I am not particularly a religious man....but...

THANK YOU GOD!

This is a huge weight off my shoulders. Even if you get around to FC'ing it, and getting a better score (my star path execution was very sub-optimal), I will still feel like the winner here!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

...I also think this is the first time I posted a score first.. [/url]
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job. I FC'd the solo for the first time ever yesterday but I still haven't FC'd the song. I usually only miss 1 note in the solo, but for some reason I made some other dumb mistakes. Anyway I'm not done trying yet. I know I can FC this song and I'm MUCH better at the solo now than I used to be. As I said, it may not be until early next week unless by some miracle of God I FC it on my first try when I get home (after 1 try I have to keep packing! ).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Than A Feeling - 8th - 300,207 - 100%

YES! I have a SS too, but the battery on my camera is dying and I can't upload it at this moment.

Edit: In retrospect I don't know how I didn't FC this song long ago. It's so easy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat..
I knew if you FC'd this, it would beat my score..

Ok...Fire it Up next...though I highly doubt either of us will FC that one...
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a new score on FiU yesterday. 180K. But that was BEFORE my MTaF score. I just 'got' the GH2 demo, so give me a day or so to get burned out on the songs before I do FiU.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...sure...fine...you go with your bad self and play the GH2 demo....while I just sit here..with GH1.....trying not to be jealous....playing fire it up....repeatedly...and not being able to get the YOYO parts....and wondering if the GH2 songs would annoy me as much...

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't. That YOYO part would be easy (well, easier) in GH2 with the new HO/PO. I'll try to post a new score for you tonight. In my 180K run, I didn't hit either YOYO part. I think I should be able to get 195-200K if I can hit both of them and do normal on the solos.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you HO/PO the YOYO part now? I may resort to trying that....its killing my score..not being able to combo that part....as I have gotten pretty good at the solos. I will not be able to hit 190k without comboing the YOYO parts though..
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I strum it. I hit them less than 1/4 of the time. I hit them both in the same run ONCE. I haven't tried to HO/PO that part yet... maybe I'll try that tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire It Up 11th 189,263 (6.7) 95%

Using HO/PO on the YOYO parts is much easier... I can probably do better, but this is good for now. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

owned...

Fire it up - 182533 - 207 notes - 95%

I hate the song now. Played it several dozen times over the course of the past few days..not once did I get YOYO...picking it...HO/PO..HO just the orange notes..no matter what. MEH! Off I go to try Randoms Hey chart..
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..I think I have to concede on Hey...I can't even top my current high score with Random's path?!?

Hey - 141093 - 100%

I don't see how I am over 3k short. That is 15 notes..as there are no chords on this song. I suck at squeezing..but I am pretty sure I am getting most if not all the notes on his path. I think I will film myself playing this and look at it again in detail later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: