SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Huwonk vs Rabies - Expert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - 142,346 - 100% - 481 streak

120 point improvement! My old score used to be 2nd place. Maybe you're not whammying your holds properly... I should be able to add maybe another 400 points, but I don't think I'm good enough to do better than that... Next song?

Also a tip on FiU. If you're doing HO/PO for the YOYO part, just keep your middle finger planted on the yellow and only watch the orange notes. Tap your pinky each time the orange note needs activated. It worked wonders for me. In only 2 tries I went from rarely hitting to hitting every time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you HO/PO the section on FIU....do you just strum all the yellow notes and HO the orange ones while looking at the orange notes? or do you literally strum only the very first yellow note? I could not get it either way.

anyway..as for next..I propose the following TWO songs with a due date of 1 week from now:
Cowboys from Hell
Cochise

Why two? Because I want a week on CFH...I have a lot of work to do there..and I don't look forward to it....and Cochise is a good warmup song for me before trying CFH....I can usually only stand to run through Cochise 2 or 3 times before I get bored of the whole song except for the middle section that prevents my FC.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
When you HO/PO the section on FIU....do you just strum all the yellow notes and HO the orange ones while looking at the orange notes? or do you literally strum only the very first yellow note? I could not get it either way.

anyway..as for next..I propose the following TWO songs with a due date of 1 week from now:
Cowboys from Hell
Cochise

Why two? Because I want a week on CFH...I have a lot of work to do there..and I don't look forward to it....and Cochise is a good warmup song for me before trying CFH....I can usually only stand to run through Cochise 2 or 3 times before I get bored of the whole song except for the middle section that prevents my FC.

I literally just strum the first yellow note and do the rest in HO/PO. It works great. I never had the confidence to do it before nailing the trill over 75% of the time on Strutter. I think having a clear head for it is just as important as being able to physically do it.

Okay CFH and Cochise in one week it is. Same with me on Cochise. I have come VERY close to FCing though. If I can just get the last half of the chord solo without slipping up once (I usually nail most of it, but mess up on one note in a random location) it'll be an FC.

I feel a 370K+ run on CFH coming soon. I'm consistently hitting 335-338K now and I'm making some REALLY dumb mistakes in the last half of the song. I've FC'd everything after the solo a few times, but not during good runs. If I do it during a good run, it'll be around 370K I'd guess... I'll never figure out the YBYRR YBYRR part I'd wager. I've hit it several times, but no consistency. I usually get it once per run. As a guide, I'm usually around 230-240K entering the solo. If you're not there by then, you might as well start over. :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Huwonk, thanks for the FIU tip. I think that's the only way I'll ever get the YO part. I keep losing the HO about half way through, but I'll keep working on it. It's a lot faster than I previously thought.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Wow. Huwonk, thanks for the FIU tip. I think that's the only way I'll ever get the YO part. I keep losing the HO about half way through, but I'll keep working on it. It's a lot faster than I previously thought.

Yeah, it used to be one of my least favorite parts because I knew I should be able to hit it, but couldn't.

P.S. You're welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.....I am seriously suffering from a case of...
'Can't get around to playing GH1 when I know I have the GH2 demo disk laying around'

....Strutter in particular is just way too fun to ignore....
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played single player on the demo or GH1 since Friday and even then I didn't get much of a chance. My brother and some friends came over this weekend and I managed to play some co-op! That was so much fun and I really suggest trying it out if you haven't yet. The bass part in YYZ is a blast to play. We managed to pass all of the songs on Expert-Expert but I doubt any of them were 5* ratings. The rhythm in Strutter is an easy 100% FC, though.

I've already posted a new score for CFH, but as I said before it isn't final until Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nobody to play co-op with...except my son...and we don't have a second controller.

I would not even bother trying to up your CFH score for the purpose of this rivalry...I won't be touching that score by Thursday...unless I get struck by lightning and suddenly get super CFH skillz. Hell..I'll be happy if I can just 5 star it by Thursday...
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how good is your son/s rabies?
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
how good is your son/s rabies?

lesse..he passed all 4 demo songs on easy first try.
He passed shout at the devil and you really got me on medium first try (after playing on easy)....and then we stopped.

...for almost 6..not bad...
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bro (6 years) hs five starred everything up to tier #5 i have some competition in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's almost abnormal for a 6 year old, ES.

Anyway, rabies, lets just post whatever we have done tomorrow. I think this might be the end of our rivalry since we both have the GH2 demo now. Or we could also rival on the GH2 demo! =)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for dropping off the face of the earth Huwonk.

I'll have to concede the rivalry. I did not even manage to 5 star Cowboys..and never even got around to playing cochise.

I thought about your offer on the demo songs...but to tell you the truth..I am kinda Guitar-Hero'd out for now. I played a bit tonight and ran through the hard charts on the demo (even managed to nab a #1 score)..but I think this is the extent of my playing for a bit. I've actually been back to playing real guitar again for extended periods of time. Sad, but over the past 4-5 months, I have certainly played more on the plastic guitar..

Once GH2 comes out however, I would love to keep this going on with the new songs.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, for anyone wondering how to get the FIU trill...

strum every yellow note, hammer the orange note. I get it 98% of the time
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, Rabies. I'm really trying to get the motivation to play enough to break 12 million before GH2 now and it's hard. I know I have the skill to do it, but I have to WANT to play to do good. I think I could do enough in Face Melters alone in one sitting (20K+ to Godzilla, 25K+ to Frankenstein, 40K+ to CFH all with practice) to break 12 million, but I just don't have the patience or the willpower at the moment.

As for a rivalry in GH2, I say we go for it, but not at first. I really want to enjoy the game thoroughly before I start trying to perfect it. I think my problem now is that I'm playing less for fun and more for achieving goals. Plus I plan on doing a LOT of co-op (getting the GH2 bundle so I have a 2nd controller). I know my first weekend will the game will be 75% co-op at least.

For the record I never even FINISHED Cochise again. I played to the solo twice, messed up and restarted. Then I quit because the song is so boring outside of that solo. As for CFH, I'm working on the YBYRR part a little, and I'm starting to hit it more frequently, but still not nearly enough. I finally hit it 3 times in one run, but I screwed up the main riff a bunch. I'm so sick of ALL of these songs, except for the ones I'm already top 10 on because I haven't played those in a while. I'm already getting sick of the GH2 tracks too, and I haven't even played them but once (outside of YYZ) since about the 10th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: