ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Psychobilly Help Thread (Hard & Expert)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: The Psychobilly Help Thread (Hard & Expert) Reply with quote

Well I saw one for Jordan, and decided to do one for Psychobilly Freakout. I noticed a lot of people have trouble iwth this song, and I want to help you guys out on your journey to Logdum/Eyeballdum

Note Charts:

PS2:
Hard - http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh2/psychobilly_guitar_hard.png
Expert - http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh2/psychobilly_guitar_expert.png

360:
Hard - http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh2-360/psychobilly_guitar_hard.png
Expert - http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh2-360/psychobilly_guitar_expert.png

Key: 1-2-3-4-5 = fingering
1/2 chord fingering

First off, we've got the...

INTRO

Part 1:
Hard: (etc.)

Expert: (Etc.)

Hard Strategy: The strumming pattern isn't that normal, it's a lilttle weird, but with some practice you'll get it. It's along the lines of rock this town on expert. The fingering I use for this is 3---1-2---2-1-4---1-3---2.

Expert Strategy: This is a huge pain for most people, but compared to some parts, it doesn't seem that bad. I mostly use HO/PO for this part. The fingering I use is 3-2-1-2-1-2-1---4-2-1-3-2.

Part 2:
Hard:

Expert:

Hard Strategy: Does this really need a strategy? Just a down strumed 1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3 fingering.

Expert: Even as easy on Expert. Also downstrummed 1-2/3-1-2/3-1-2/3-1-2/3

Part 3:
Hard:

Expert:

Hard Strategy: Another Simple part. I use a 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 fingering, with downstrumming.

Expert: A little more difficult on Expert. I use a 1-1-2-2-3-3-4-1-1-2-2-3-3-4 fingering, and I highly recommend alt strumming here.

VERSE 1

Hard Strategy: Any fast part you need to alt strum, because it's complicated to strum down the hwole time. The Fingering is pretty simple, just some shifty work you need to do from the G-R-Y-B to R-Y-B-O fingering.

Expert: Defenately a bigger pain on expert. One of the Hardest riffs on this song I believe. Like hard, I recommend alt strumming for the incredibly fast parts, and fretting as fast as you can. THere realy isn't a good strategy, but to practice on expert mode.

CHORUS

Hard Strategy: For the I use a 1-2/3-1-2/3-1-2/3-1-2/3 fingering for this.

Expert: I had trouble with this: for the Longest time. I got some help on this part by various people, but most people use a 1/3 slide fingering for this part, or some even use Star Power on this, but I don't recommend it, because you'll for sure lose the star power phrase. If you want the SP Phrase, I don't recommend using Star Power on the chorus. It's also been said that hopping is just as affective as sliding, but whatever makes you feel comphertable.

Gtr Solo 1

Hard Strategy: I activate SP right at the beginning of this part, but that's just me. But strategy wise. It's mostly fast chords, and HO/POs. For the super fast
I would Alt Strum, becuase I think it's impossible to hit that part with just a downstrum.

Expert: Same strategy as above

LOW MELODY

Overall Strategy for this part: Come on. Do you really need a strategy for this part?

GTR SOLO 2

Hard Strategy: I can hardly ever get a combo on the which means, No SP. , The only strategy I can give is Alt strum your butt off. Then for the All I can recommend is Pull offs. Then Alt strum the rest, except the last It's like a suped up Intro. Same pattern about half of it, but there's the RTT expert pattern that they do to throw ya off.

Expert Strategy. Same goes for the Pattern = alt strum. I'd practice this part in practice mode to be sure you got it down. For the next part: , It's really similar to the HO/PO section of Freebird. So if you got that part down, this part is really easy.
Alt strum the parts up to the suped up intro part. But it's the same strategy basicially as Hard mode.

OUTRO
Hard: Easy up until the series of . Then you altstrum, but be sure to pay attention to your strum pattern. You go to fast and you'll screw up your combo. Same goes for if you don't strum fast enough. So you need to be sure that you've got the strum pattern perfect.

Expert: It's basicially the same as the end of the Outro on Hard mode. Same strum pattern, but the same chord progression. So take it to practice mode, and you'll be fine.

Well I hope I've helped you out, and please don't flame me, or this guide, because I put a lot of effort into helping people, so yet again, please don't flame.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?

Last edited by Rikuthemaster on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Straubert  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychobilly Help Thread (Hard & Expert) Reply with quote

Rikuthemaster wrote:

kills me everytime (i can pass the song and all, but its really holding me back from a better score, taking a huge toll on my rock meter

P.S. awesome post
P.S.S. YOUR XPLORER PUBLIC ENEMY #1 PIC IS SOO TRUE..CURSES MICROSOFT
markvandam  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychobilly Help Thread (Hard & Expert) Reply with quote

Rikuthemaster wrote:

CHORUS
Hard Strategy: For the I use a 1-2/3-1-2/3-1-2/3-1-2/3 fingering for this.
Expert: I had trouble with this: for the Longest time. I got some help on this part by various people, but most people use a 1/3 slide fingering for this part, or some even use Star Power on this, but I don't recommend it, because you'll for sure lose the star power phrase.

You won't lose it if you activate early enough, I couldn't have got 5* on Hard without using my SP over this bit.

I'm nowhere near Expert 5* though so I will keep my eye on this for when I need it.
Banopr  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert: It's basicially the same as the end of the Outro on Hard mode. Same strum pattern, but the same chord progression. So take it to practice mode, and you'll be fine.

I feel this part is a little wrong. Did you mean different strum pattern, same chord progression?
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's the same strum pattern as the ending of har dmode. THe rapid Notes.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
wolfrog  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: The Psychobilly Help Thread (Hard & Expert) Reply with quote

Rikuthemaster wrote:
Expert: I had trouble with this: for the Longest time. I got some help on this part by various people, but most people use a 1/3 slide fingering for this part, or some even use Star Power on this, but I don't recommend it, because you'll for sure lose the star power phrase.

I think hopping is far superior to sliding. If you can use your 2 dominant fingers to hop between the chords you should be fast enough to nail that star power. The trick is activating it for 8x on the megachord. You should have 90k+ after the second time you see this and come out of SP right into the stars in the main riff.

Also hop on WWIMRLN? and KITN
(EXPERT)
Xibdicli  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfrog is damn right about hopping being superior to sliding, not to mention it's a lot more fun. It's like your hands are all hopped up on blow and just goin' CRAZY jumpin' around like that. Besides, sliding makes me feel like I'm doing something dirty to the guitar...
Killoff  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Y Y B B B Y repeating, just strum 6 times each time and try to get the fingerings and the 2 SP phrases are yours.
BenPierce  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku, you're a genius. This is just as good as the Jordan thread. Sticky please?

Yes, chances are your going to fail the test if you do, but hey,
my high score for BubbleHero is 68%!
mtaylor2k2  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome post, PF is coming up on my expert 5* list, and ill be referring back to this. Thank you.
kballa422  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you hop do you still use 1-3 fingering technique, but just come off the fret board completely and tap down RB then YO really quick? I've just never seen the term hopping.
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you still use the 1-3 fingering. Because most people can't alternate from a 1-3 to a 2-4 fingering. And thank you for your positive comments. I just want to help you guys get your Log/Eyeball.

kballa422  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i just went from 3 stars to 5 stars in 4 tries. That hopping helped out tremendously, I nailed every chorus. Thanks for the help guys, I'm a little closer to the log now!
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread, but what you said about the chorus should be changed for people who are trying to 5 star it. Most of the points in the song when trying to 5 star it are in the chorus and ending.
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'mtrying to get the best of both worlds here. I'm the ending chords on hard, is the same speed as the whole entire ending on expert. And for the chorus, once you get the hopping/sliding technique down, it comes pretty easy to 5 star from there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: