ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A Story Of Bad Karma by: COBW3BB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: A Story Of Bad Karma by: COBW3BB Reply with quote

Today is September 6th and I have a story to tell. . I own a Fender Stratocaster (2005 Mexican Jimi Hendrix Model) electric guitar. It has what people in the music business call dead frets or 'fret buzz' on the 19th and 20th frets. Well, I took it to my local music shop where I take lessons thinking a neck adjustment and some tweaking to the instrument should help get it working 100% again. I was wrong. So, I wait about 3 months before I decide to have another go at it and I take the guitar to Lancaster, about 25 miles from here. They say a neck adjustment should work and whoever worked on it before didn;t set it up right. Well I leave it there for a week. Today I went to pick it up and thought after spending ruffly 75$ on strings and getting it set up (i had it setup 2 times before this) it would be fixed. I plugged the guitar into the nearest Fender amp and bent the 19th and 20th frets, guess what? The same thing was going on. The guy checked it out again and said that the 20th and 21st frets were higher than the rest and that's why I was getting fret buzz. So, the manufacturers were resposible. Well, I bought the guitar last year at Guitar Center, brand new. The guy told me I could run the guitar to Guitar Center and they should fix it for free because of the lifetime warranty. But, Guitar Center is on Morse Road, and about the same driving distance as this place. So I decided to let these guys at Signature Fender Music Co. give it another go and I'm going back tomorrow to pick it up. The cost for fixing the frets is 15$. That brings me to 80$ for this mess. Ok, so I get home tonight, pick up my old 1975 epiphone custom (it was made in '75) and start playing All Along The Watch Tower, and I do a 2 step bend in the second solo. The 1st string (to you non-musicians, it's the thinnest string on the guitar) breaks. LOL. Sorry for the long read, I just thought I could share one of my bad karma stories. Feel free to tell some of your own. BTW, this is all true and none of it is exaggerrated in any way shape or form.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hWlecEKppTM

schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sucks, but hey, it's all for your beloved guitar right? 80 bucks is better than getting a whole new guitar completely.

I'd go the extra mile just for mine, it's my love.

DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: A Story Of Bad Karma by: COBW3BB Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
75$

+
COBW3BB wrote:
15$

= $90

but anyways, that really sucks man. a string broke on my old bass (didnt think they could) and smacked me in the face somehow. it left this big ass red welt for a couple days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, no joy mate
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A Story Of Bad Karma by: COBW3BB Reply with quote

DarkCalx wrote:
a string broke on my old bass (didnt think they could) and smacked me in the face somehow. it left this big ass red welt for a couple days.

What in the blue bloody hell were you doing to the poor thing?

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A Story Of Bad Karma by: COBW3BB Reply with quote

Hellion42 wrote:
DarkCalx wrote:
a string broke on my old bass (didnt think they could) and smacked me in the face somehow. it left this big ass red welt for a couple days.

As the military says, don't ask, don't tell.

I'm with you with the misfortune of my guitar hero controller, wireless mod. Everything is soldered on perfectly, so I fire it up. I see smoke come from the wireless part, obviously frying something.

I unscrew it, and when i look at the bottom, the original pins didn't get removed all the way, and pin 4 and pin 5 were touching each other. They just so happen to be Ground and Voltage.

So much for a wireless controller... so now i can't play GH until I get another EMS wireless adapter back in, as if anyone has ever tried soldering with the cables they use for ps2, they're super thin and pretty much melts upon heat of a soldering iron.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schzoidbaka wrote:
The sucks, but hey, it's all for your beloved guitar right? 80 bucks is better than getting a whole new guitar completely.

What about krim???

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A Story Of Bad Karma by: COBW3BB Reply with quote

Hellion42 wrote:
DarkCalx wrote:

i was just rocking out, nothing out of the ordinary really. this was my old 4 string, mind you. i wasnt doing anything stupid, then all of a sudden i heard a loud *PANG* and then there was extreme pain in my face. but who knows, there could've been a ninja involved, throwing his shurikens and whatnot around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:

What about krim???

what about him? guitars and videogames are the only thing for me baby! (and art too)

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schzoidbaka wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:

What about krim???

what about him? guitars and videogames are the only thing for me baby! (and art too)

sigh...i guess i'll have to break the bad news to him. he'll be crushed...now he's going to have to go to the prom with his SG controller! i hope that it can do the electric slide better than YOU can

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the idea. now i got a backup plan just in case i don't get a date

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
thanks for the idea. now i got a backup plan just in case i don't get a date

LOL! yeah just don't step on the cord while you're "waltzing"...i heard that SG controllers don't especially fancy that

schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:

What about krim???

sigh...i guess i'll have to break the bad news to him. he'll be crushed...now he's going to have to go to the prom with his SG controller! i hope that it can do the electric slide better than YOU can

lol, bad news, but I'm the queen of the electric slide. (btw, how's Japan going for you? I miss that place) (hooray for irrelavance!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: