ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What about a batch/"theme"-installer?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carniwhore  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: What about a batch/"theme"-installer? Reply with quote

Hey there!

I´ll try to explain what I´ve been thinking about lately.
If you don´t want to read the whole story, just skip to "The Problem"!

--- THE IDEA ---
I´m playing in a german Melodic Death/Thrash band and we are currently recording our next CD.
After adding several mods to my Guitar Hero II I thought it would be a great idea to make a whole special-edition for my band.
In detail:
- Our own songs (and song-names in the setlists etc.)
- Our own names etc. in the charakter-section
- an own menu -intro, and -load-screen-style, etc.
which we want to make downloadable for our fans.

So far, so good, no problems ´till that one.
But now the tricky part:

Due to the fact that it´s not possible to simply put a bonus-dvd with the whole .iso into a nice digipack with our album (copyrights and so on), we just want to release the additions/mods that are needed, including the mp3s cuz we got the rights on them.
But concerning that not everyone who has a modded PS2 and Guitar Hero II is able to replace all the files and so on, I thought about the following:

--- THE PROBLEM ---

Do you think it´s possible to somekind code an installer, that autonomous replaces all the files need to be replaced to get a new custom GH II Version? Like kind of a theme installer or skin installer which are available for many windows-programms, know what I mean?

Like, people only have to copy the content of their GH-DVD on their harddrive, tell the installer where the files are and it replaces everything itself. I think this would be great to spread own customs.
aaronr8684  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to do this, assuming that all of the mp3's are freely available and therefore not illegal, would be to tell people to use the ARK Expander. You could use that to then expand the files and then replace each individual file with a batch type installer then create the ARK again. You could try to automate the rest with some scripting.

-Aaron
Riz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distribution of packages such as this runs into numerous copyright problems, including the MP3s, DTB files, etc...

No, this would not be allowed here.

Riz.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: