ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Towson, Maryland's Recher Theater - Wednesdays
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sionofdarkness  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Towson, Maryland's Recher Theater - Wednesdays Reply with quote

Direct from the recher website:

Maryland's Official Guitar Hero Tournament!
Every Wednesday starting July 11!

Come join the regions top Guitar Hero Shredders for a night of gaming and prizes.

Competition will be single round elimination in each difficulty level Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert.

The two finalists from each difficulty level will face off on Rechers huge 15'x12' video screen!

Prizes include...
Gift cards to Record and Tape Traders, Guitar Center, The Rec Room, and tickets to upcoming Recher shows.

Admission Price
$5.00 for Competitors
$3.00 for Spectators

Registration from 6pm-7pm
Competition starts at 7:00pm

Jordan on Expert beat: 6/28/07
5 Star Jordan on Expert: 7/11/07
BrokenSilence  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t! i'll be there tomorrow for sure! hope it's fun with just a tad bit of competition
Sionofdarkness  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to play psychobilly freakout as my first song on expert, won barely. Then I convinced the guy to let me do jordan in the second round and I won as well. Everyone was tired so we postponed the tourny until next week. The prizes were RIDICULOUS; if you get first on expert you get to go to the show at nissan pavillion with trivium and korn, whichever tour that is, and you play guitar hero ON STAGE in an 8 person tourny, and if you win that then you get to play guitar hero with the lead singer of korn. So in short, amazing prizes, i rocked, and more tournys are planned every wed following tonight. Hope to see you guys there!

ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long did it last? I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to both the Recher and then Fletcher's afterwards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we had to stop early beause it was 12 and no one wanted to be there anymore, they had the tourny for easy medium hard and expert, it was like one match from each difficulty. Like one easy, then a medium, then a hard, etc. The easy and medium rounds are over, and i believe hard and expert are starting semi finals next week then probably re starting the tourny. Its scheduled for the next three weeks and may keep going after depending on the turn outs.

BrokenSilence  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ended REALLY late, it went from like 7-1. But in the end I won on expert, none other than Freebird(like that's a big surprise...) So yea, I won $30 certificate to Record and Tape Traders, and the tickets to the Family Values tour where i get to play on stage and maybe with Korn's singer. But that guy ALSO left out that if I win, I get an autographed guitar!(yes, a real one) Sweet deal.

Oh yea, i was the guy that had to play Trogdor on expert, if you remember that.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, that kind of sucks that it's on the same night as Fletcher's, since I am an integral part of that night and it would be kind of dick for me to abandon them to come to this tournament. If the tournament would end earlier so I could still make it to Fletcher's by 9 PM then I could probably come, or if they had it on a different night. Oh well, good luck to all you guys!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrokenSilence wrote:
It ended REALLY late, it went from like 7-1. But in the end I won on expert, none other than Freebird(like that's a big surprise...) So yea, I won $30 certificate to Record and Tape Traders, and the tickets to the Family Values tour where i get to play on stage and maybe with Korn's singer. But that guy ALSO left out that if I win, I get an autographed guitar!(yes, a real one) Sweet deal.

Oh yea, i was the guy that had to play Trogdor on expert, if you remember that.

He said that they were post poning it until next week where they are picking it up where they left off...

BrokenSilence  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they said if you wanted to you could leave, but everything kept going on as planned. And no offense, I would've won anyway. I saw how everyone was doing and no one there was as good as me. I know i sound conceited but w/e, it's just the way things are.
Sionofdarkness  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrokenSilence wrote:
No, they said if you wanted to you could leave, but everything kept going on as planned. And no offense, I would've won anyway. I saw how everyone was doing and no one there was as good as me. I know i sound conceited but w/e, it's just the way things are.

Ugh, actually he said that we are continuing next week, and the people that played trogdor, the highest score was a 76%, which is not that great considering its trogdor...lol.

BrokenSilence  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's like I said. He told us that we could leave if we wanted/had to, and be put in your spot next week, or keep on playing.

Also, no, I got 95% i think on Trogdor which was meh but oh well.

And you havent even gotten the Log yet....so.....yea...
Sionofdarkness  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrokenSilence wrote:
No, it's like I said. He told us that we could leave if we wanted/had to, and be put in your spot next week, or keep on playing.

Also, no, I got 95% i think on Trogdor which was meh but oh well.

And you havent even gotten the Log yet....so.....yea...

Well, I took pictures of everyones scores up until I left, some videos of people playing too, and the best score on trogdor was a 76%...

BrokenSilence  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we ARE talking about Wednesday at Rechers right? i have no idea where you're getting 76% from, unless you werent playing on expert or something. I was like second to last to play in the first round of expert players. Name's Brandon, i was on the right side. I hit every note in the song outside of the solo. I'm not lying about this or anything dude. I got my pic taken with the guy from 98 Rock and everything. I really dont know what else I can do to prove this.....ugh.
lksoty1988  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live up in montgomery county so it's a bit of a hike to get up there but i am definitely gonna be heading up there next week if there is a tournament going on every wednesday, i've played 2 tourneys up here in MoCo so i'm tryin to find more places with better prizes......this sounds pretty kick ass though
Sionofdarkness  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lksoty1988 wrote:
i live up in montgomery county so it's a bit of a hike to get up there but i am definitely gonna be heading up there next week if there is a tournament going on every wednesday, i've played 2 tourneys up here in MoCo so i'm tryin to find more places with better prizes......this sounds pretty kick ass though

I would be going this week but, warped tour, and that is def a main priority, so i will see you there in two weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: