SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drunken Rivalry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
I was just playing Halo with my brother and everytime you lost in a 5 kill match you had to do a shot. Fun stuff.

I'd do that, but it would end up with my brother being wasted and me being completely sober

1226.png
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh, your bother just got burned, make sure to show him this so he knows how much he got burned .
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
oooh, your bother just got burned, make sure to show him this so he knows how much he got burned .

Haha, he wouldn't care in the least. He knows I'm a lot better than him at Halo. He's fine with it. There are a *few* games he can beat me at, but Halo isn't one of them.

1226.png
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haggarduser wrote:
White Russians are good.

Only if they're mixed in a bar! Kahlua brand White Russians are WAY too weak. I tried the Smirnoff Screwdriver once before and it was just so weak. It was basically just like drinking Orange Juice. I've been told I'm a fantastic drink mixer (I am a master of the Rum and Coke!).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Haggarduser wrote:
White Russians are good.

Only if they're mixed in a bar! Kahlua brand White Russians are WAY too weak. I tried the Smirnoff Screwdriver once before and it was just so weak. It was basically just like drinking Orange Juice. I've been told I'm a fantastic drink mixer (I am a master of the Rum and Coke!).

Well of COURSE you shouldn't buy premixed stuff... Mixing your own drinks is the only way to go! And remember, tip your bartenders--you'll get stronger drinks in the future (and/or free ones). I always used to give out free drinks to people who tipped me well.

1226.png
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Huwonk wrote:
Haggarduser wrote:
White Russians are good.

Well of COURSE you shouldn't buy premixed stuff... Mixing your own drinks is the only way to go! And remember, tip your bartenders--you'll get stronger drinks in the future (and/or free ones). I always used to give out free drinks to people who tipped me well.

I tip bartenders sometimes as much as 20%. Depends on what I'm buying. If it is just bottled beer, I only tip like a quarter. If it is draft, usually 10%. If it is a mixed drink, 20%. I don't drink that much anymore, though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:
I was just playing Halo with my brother and everytime you lost in a 5 kill match you had to do a shot. Fun stuff.

I'd do that, but it would end up with my brother being wasted and me being completely sober

I prefer to go the "winner drinks" route with these things. The "prize" for winning is to do the shot; eventually, the better player gets tipsy enough that the sides are more evenly matched. Do it for long enough and everybody gets nice and liquored up. It's a win-win!

Huwonk wrote:
I tip bartenders sometimes as much as 20%. Depends on what I'm buying. If it is just bottled beer, I only tip like a quarter. If it is draft, usually 10%. If it is a mixed drink, 20%. I don't drink that much anymore, though.

I just blindly tip $1 per drink, pretty much regardless of what I'm ordering or its notional price. Which feels a little silly for things like "$2/pint happy hour" events, but eh, at least I don't run into problems getting service or anything.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
SThorpe wrote:

Haha, he wouldn't care in the least. He knows I'm a lot better than him at Halo. He's fine with it. There are a *few* games he can beat me at, but Halo isn't one of them.

Hey kovinc (I spelled it right Mr. Green ) do you have Live? I'll have to play you sometime if you do!
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
SThorpe wrote:

Hey kovinc (I spelled it right Mr. Green ) do you have Live? I'll have to play you sometime if you do!

Yeah, I do. I haven't played Halo in a long time though. Not since like May. I used to be pretty decent though. Was ranked above 30 in everything at one point...got up to a high of 38 in slayer.

1226.png
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
SThorpe wrote:

Yeah, I do. I haven't played Halo in a long time though. Not since like May. I used to be pretty decent though. Was ranked above 30 in everything at one point...got up to a high of 38 in slayer.

Wow congrats, I was somewhere around 30 before the reset and then I didn't feel like getting back up there. I haven't played too much either, a friend came over and we played a little but not much.

Is your gt the same as your name here? Mine is, and if so I'll add you. See you then!
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
SThorpe wrote:

XBox Live Gamertag: Kov

Wow congrats, I was somewhere around 30 before the reset and then I didn't feel like getting back up there. I haven't played too much either, a friend came over and we played a little but not much.

Is your gt the same as your name here? Mine is, and if so I'll add you. See you then!

1226.png
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subliminal messages?!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
Subliminal messages?!

Haha, I hit quote and then apparently just typed my message IN the quote.

1226.png
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
SThorpe wrote:
oooh, your bother just got burned, drink make sure to show him this so he knows how much he got drink burned .

Haha, he wouldn't drink care in the least. He knows I'm a lot better than him at drink Halo. He's fine with it. There are a *few* games he can beat me at, but Halo isn't one drink of them.

Hey kovinc (I spelled it right Mr. Green ) do you have drink Live? I'll have to play you sometime if you do!

Yeah, I do drink. I haven't played Halo in a long time though. Not drink since like May. I used to be pretty decent though. Was ranked above 30 in everything at one point... drink got up to a high of 38 in slayer.

XBox Live Gamertag: Kov

Wow congrats, I was drink somewhere around 30 before the reset and then I didn't feel like drink getting back up there. I haven't played too much either, a friend came over and we drink played a little but not much.

Is your gt the same as your name here drink? Mine is, and if so I'll add you. See you then!

kov is actually employed by a beer company, and has been sent here to make us drink using subliminal messages...

(it's a half reference to family guy)
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMOKE!

(not now, Jerry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: