Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Emptyset vs. Thekovinc Rivalry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emptyset  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Emptyset vs. Thekovinc Rivalry Reply with quote

I've never done a rivalrie before. Any takers on expert? I really need to improve some songs and I'm thinking this'd be a good way. Post-and-kill will be the appropriate format. Come on, don't let a drunk shredder down. B3nz0r, JCirri, quackadilly, Huwonk, Dreyvas, I'm looking in your direction!

Last edited by emptyset on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Someone rivalry me...Any takers?? Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
I've never done a rivalrie before. Any takers on expert? I really need to improve some songs and I'm thinking this'd be a good way. Post-and-kill will be the appropriate format. Come on, don't let a drunk shredder down. B3nz0r, JCirri, quackadilly, Huwonk, Dreyvas, I'm looking in your direction!

Well... If you had ASKED me in the first place, maybe I'd join. I didn't see my name up there though, so I didn't join.

But sure, I can try and play some songs with you. Go ahead, pick your poison.

1226.png
emptyset  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Someone rivalry me...Any takers?? Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
emptyset wrote:

Well... If you had ASKED me in the first place, maybe I'd join. I didn't see my name up there though, so I didn't join.

But sure, I can try and play some songs with you. Go ahead, pick your poison.

I definitely meant to include you in that list. I had a vicarious rivalry with you about a month ago, and then you went and gained like a million points on me. But yes, I'll pick a song when I have a coherent thought process!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for picking up the rivalry Kov! Sorry for last night's moronic posts. Anyway...here's where we stand overall:

emptyset winning: 1 song by 8,858 points (8,858 pts/song)
thekovinc winning: 46 songs by 838,246 points (18,223 pts/song)

I've got some work to do. How about Take It Off for the first song? We could both use some work there.

**Edit** I forgot to ask, can you go first this time? I won't be able to play again until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm only 19, so I don't drink. >_<

emptyset  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
Yeah, I'm only 19, so I don't drink. >_<

This isn't a drunken rivalry. I just changed the title to reflect some of my post content, and also because I couldn't think of a distinctive title. This is a good one though I hope!

And if you want in on the rivalry, you are still welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
**Edit** I forgot to ask, can you go first this time? I won't be able to play again until tomorrow.

Yeah, that's fine. I should be able to play late tonight when I get home or sometime tomorrow morning. I will put up a score (not a great one) for you to beat, then we can start beating each other's scores.

1226.png
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already got another rivalry going on, but thanks for the invite, anyhow. ^_^

emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go ahead and post first, Kov...I might actually give you a challenge here!

Third try. I was shaking for the last third of it too, so I can't believe I pulled it off. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emptyset wins the award for best band name. Seinfeld FTW.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...I'm hoping you can beat me on Take It Off, Kov, because your SP capabilities + a FC will likely beat krim's score and give the community another push toward 13 million. I personaly am going to try again on this song, because my SP usage was very conservative at best (not whammying some short holds) and it still got me 209K. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Bump...I'm hoping you can beat me on Take It Off, Kov, because your SP capabilities + a FC will likely beat krim's score and give the community another push toward 13 million. I personaly am going to try again on this song, because my SP usage was very conservative at best (not whammying some short holds) and it still got me 209K. Good luck!

Wow, I didn't notice you'd played it yet. I haven't played since Thursday night, and I won't have time until tomorrow (too busy...), but I will try my best to FC it. I completely suck at the triplet part, but we'll see :P

1226.png
emptyset  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
emptyset wrote:

Wow, I didn't notice you'd played it yet. I haven't played since Thursday night, and I won't have time until tomorrow (too busy...), but I will try my best to FC it. I completely suck at the triplet part, but we'll see :P

Yeah, I didn't expect that solo to combo as quickly as it did for me Friday night, but I tried something different by thinking of the notes in groups of 4 (YRGY RGYR GYRG etc etc) and it clicked instantly, I couldn't believe it. I was so excited I got it that I was super careful not to miss a note and didn't really carefully collect SP.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten anything worthwhile this morning. I'll try some more later today. I need to get ready for the Twins game now though (got playoff tickets for every game...GO TWINS!)

...I don't think there are too many Oakland fans here. Haven't seen any anyways. So hopefully this shouldn't get flamed too much.

1226.png
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky bastard! I can't believe you have playoff tickets...I've always wanted to see playoff baseball, and out of the teams left, I'd certainly like to see the Twins win. In fact, I've already been rooting for the Twins, because if they hadn't won the AL Central, they would have had to play at home on Saturday which would've postponed the PSU-Minnesota football game.

Oh and as for the rivalry, just post here whenever you get your good score or if you want to do another song instead. I also don't have a ton of time this week but I can definitely fit in GH at some point, for sanity's sake.

And who likes Oakland? Come on, now. If we can keep the Yankees fans quiet too I'll be happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: