ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Battle of the Headbangers, 8/11 Simi Valley CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drunkasian  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Battle of the Headbangers, 8/11 Simi Valley CA Reply with quote

You have the hair…
You have the attitude…
You have the spandex…
Time to prove yourself…

Battle of the Headbangers

Face your fellow warriors in a no holds bar Guitar Hero tournament only the 80’s can bring. Defeat your opponents one by one until you are crowned King of Rock! Bring your friends. Bring your parents. Whoever you bring make sure they know how to shred. Oh ya and it's free to enter.

On 8/11 Best Buy of Simi Valley will be having a guitar hero tournament. Seeding will start at 3 and matches will being at 5.

Expert Division

Songs will be played on hard during preliminaries and expert during finals.

Seeding
All entrants will be seeded
One week before the tournament a list of five songs will be posted.
Three days before the tournament three songs will be taken off the list.
Day of the tournament players will be split into 2 groups (east and west).
Each group will be assigned a song.
Player may choose either hard or expert difficulty.
Players with highest scores will be seeded highest in their divisions.

Preliminaries
Brackets will be making facing high seeds against low seeds.
Matches will be best of three and single eliminations.
A tournament official will pick songs.
Players will keep doing matches until the two players are left in each division.

Finals
Matches will be best of 5 and single eliminations.
A tournament official will pick songs.
Matches will continue until one player is left.

N00b Bracket

Single Elimination
Combined score of 2 songs will decide the winner
Coin flip will decide who picks first song
Matches will continue until one player is left

Rules

• Players and spectators must be respectful to other participants and to tournament officials. Warnings and bans will be given out for inappropriate behavior depending on severity.
• Anyone caught interfering will be kicked out.
• Speed cheat can be used if both players agree to use.
• Difficult can be moved from hard to expert during preliminaries if both players agree.
• If players feel that the guitars provided by the tournament are malfunctioning, they must contact a tournament official immediately. The guitar in question will be inspected and a replay of the song will be warranted. The score from the second play through will be used.
• You may use your own guitars but they must be inspected by tournament officials. Only a rubber band modification will be allowed. Guitars that have gone hardware modifications will be banned from use.

*Tournament officials will pick songs to ensure sanity of Best Buy employees. Listening to I Think I’m Turning Japanese is threat to the safety of employees, competitors, and spectators

Prizes
TBA (still trying to hammer it out with my bosses)

At this point I'm also still trying to get the finer deatils worked out but you can expect the seeding set list and more info by sunday night.

Edit: Well looks like one of the prizes will be the Reaper guitar if we get some in within a few weeks but other than that probably gift cards, cd's, and movies.

Double Edit: [url] www.myspace.com/battleoftheheadbangers

also if this goes really well we're going to have a gh3 tournament on launch

also some feedback would be cool becuase basically i'm doing this thing all by myself so i probably overlooked some things (yes yes i know i haven't got the songs for seeding up yet)[/url]
drunkasian  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k so figured out the seeding

all i can say is practice the solo from Because it's Midnight and the solo from Play with Me

(yes yes i know it's sadistic to seed everyone solely on those solos but we might be on a tight schedual)
Thrice  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna try to come to this if I dont have to work

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkasian wrote:
k so figured out the seeding

all i can say is practice the solo from Because it's Midnight and the solo from Play with Me

(yes yes i know it's sadistic to seed everyone solely on those solos but we might be on a tight schedual)

How will you seed people based on only the solos? Practice mode doesn't show score...

Previous top 30 on GH2 PS2 Expert and continuing to drop from lack of playing
drunkasian  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it's going to be based on %.

thats actually if we're doing seeding. right now it looks like there might be too many people to seed

lol you guys should practice those solos anyways since those songs are going to come up in the tournament hint hint
byoon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkasian wrote:
well it's going to be based on %.

thats actually if we're doing seeding. right now it looks like there might be too many people to seed

lol you guys should practice those solos anyways since those songs are going to come up in the tournament hint hint

Well I'm not going but just giving advice...that's a bad way to seed if you do that. Everyone is going to end up getting near the same % since they'll just be strumming/fretting like mad and I'd expect to see plenty of "upsets" where two better players play each other early on and bad players advance further.

Previous top 30 on GH2 PS2 Expert and continuing to drop from lack of playing
drunkasian  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol actually i was doing seeding for my entertainment becuase of the actually average level of players in simi valley. I have a twisted sense of humor ok?!?!

Anyways the way it's shaping up i'm thinking about canning the seeding becuase we're expecting a lot of people to show up and there's no way to seed all of them and get the novice tournament going. Orignally i was going to seed normally, but then it looks like that would take up way too much time so then doing solos seemed like something quick. Hopefully the turn out will be large enough to totally kill off seeding. This is a free event and we aren't doing pre registers we can't put a cap on players. Honestly I wouldn't want a cap on this tournament either. If we can gather the people in the store and have sea of glowing cell phones all to I Ran... well i think i might cry *sniff sniff*

Btw the solo from play with me isn't like jordan satus. Any good player should be able to hit a lot of hit becuase it doesn't have those werid triplet to trill patterns. As for Becuase it's midnight I think that is near jordan status but good players should be able to comprehend the solo a lot better than a person wildly hitting buttons. It's all about comprehension but that's just my opinion.

Anyways....

Prize update!!!!111one

Ok so we got local sponsors and we're putting up a Nintendo DS for expert and novice bracket is going to be a family package for bowling at Brunzwick. Also we're going to have some food from Super Suppers which is a local business. We're still finalizing the prizes but as for right now that's what we're going to give out. Plust we're going to have a lot of little prizes like keychains and gift cards.

Anyways I had a long 16 hour day gathering sponsors and doing store events so idk if any of what i posted makes sense at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: