ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Broken Wammy Bar Fix (not rubberband way)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenSeraph  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Broken Wammy Bar Fix (not rubberband way) Reply with quote

I did this a long time ago on my Front Man whammy bar because one of my siblings stepped on it but i never posted it, but now my gh2 guitar just broke and i thought i would take some pics while i had it open.

Instead of using a rubber band i prefer my method, and even if the little peg on your whammy bar system hasn't snapped yet this is a good way to reinforce it.

It feels just like new (exactly the same as a non-broken sg). It doesn't have that rubber band elastic feel when you whammy.

First the pictures:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm not sure how well you can see it but what i did was take a needle and thread and looped around the side of the whammy bar closest to the outside of the guitar and then up around the little peg that holds one end of the spring(the one that moves) but underneath the spring.

After i looped it a few times i just tied off the thread.

It doesn't add any new resistance like a rubber band would, instead it still uses the resistance that the spring gave the whammy bar but just reinforces the system that stretches the spring.

Walah! brand spankin' new.

hope this helps.

Last edited by FallenSeraph on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
esp00shredder  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!! i wouldve never thought of this im gonna do this tonight seeing as i have my guitat apart to solder the wammy wires you think dental floss would work? cause ive tried to break it and i never could .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esp00shredder wrote:
you think dental floss would work? cause ive tried to break it and i never could .

if you cant break it then it will probably work but you might have a hell of a time threading dental floss behind the spring thing...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
esp00shredder  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenSeraph wrote:
esp00shredder wrote:
you think dental floss would work? cause ive tried to break it and i never could .

if you cant break it then it will probably work but you might have a hell of a time threading dental floss behind the spring thing...

im gonna take it off to do it should be pretty easy and im gonna cut notches on the places where it will be so it dosent slip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIce! I think I may have to take off all of these rubber bands tonight.
Janzu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

This way rocks more than you do (Guitar Hero humor[You Rock!])
Well... but really I did use this and it feels almost like original one(bit more loose but doesn't affect gameplay)

NOTE!!!!!

BE AWARE THAT IF YOU REMOVE WHAMMY FROM IT'S CURRENT PLACE IT DISASSEMBLES IN PIECES AND YOU HAVE TO REBUILD THAT(And that's complete hell if you don't memorize how it was)

NOTE2!!!!!!!

DO NOT TOUCH WIRES AS THEY AREN'T SOLDERED WELL AND YOU CAN RESULT IN RESOLDER(As I did also)

This was my first time opening guitar and I did enjoy fixing it... First step towards custom builder ;)

sorry about gravedigging I jsut felt like posting this and didn't take a look at last post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: