ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cowboys From Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Medium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappbranniganx  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant 5-star this song for some dumb reason it drives me insane
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappbranniganx wrote:
I cant 5-star this song for some dumb reason it drives me insane

Work on the rhythm. The verses aren't hard once you get the rhythm of the chords. And if you can't strum fast enough on the parts in between the chords, maybe try learning to strum up and down. Decontrol and Unsung are good songs to start out on when learning alternate strumming. Read the other advice posted on these boards and check out a star path or two. A lot of them are posted for this song.

By the way, cool name. Futurama owns.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

rude95841  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: ok this will sound wierd but try it out.. Reply with quote

ok here is how i do it hope it makes sence.

i get 4 sets of stars. the fourth set is the R B then start SP.

then i get 4 more sets of stars again but i hold off on using star power until the GY chords start again.

then i get 3 sets of stars and start SP again..

it usually ends around the start of the solo.

then i just keep filling it and using it as soon as it's full, but i save the last bit of star power to use just before the first BY YR RB part.

ok hope it made sence and if it did i hope it helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rude95841  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using the above star power stratagey,

i moved myself into 23rd place for this song on medium

now if i can use it and note miss any of the stupid notes

i usually screw up when it goes from GYGY GY GY B Y R G (main verse to chorus) if i could just hit those notes I'd nail the Fc here too

im ranked in the top 100 on medium overall im working on BATM atm so back to your regularly scheduled thread!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use this as a warm-up before I'd play my Hard or Expert career songs, and I got good enough at it (206k).

I have since [played GH2 like crazy, and gotten way better, so I've blown my old Easy/Medium/Hard GH1 scores out of the water by going back and redoing them. However, I tried this song, and only got 180k : /

For some reason, I'm not hitting the rhythm right. I honestly think Its not detecting the notes, or something dumb, because I seem to be strumming right and my fingers are on the frets. kind of odd.

I don't think I'll be 100%ing this... but I'm sure I can increase my score.

Oh well.
mrseb  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of those songs where u can have good and bad days

my best so far is 222K but that was 2 months ago now...

ive since been getting 160-180K

i alternate strum and i still cannot master those sections in between the chords, i sometimes nail the ones which start with Y notes.

also i miss randomly in the solo, i have nailed each section of it at least once and i just need to get them in one run. the hardest bit is the start of the solo. the section with the BYR scales onwards are ok

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
rude95841  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey try to just down strum all of the chords and riffs between them that's how i do it, i only up down strum the byrg part

oh and i still can't fc this song, but i am getting pretty close, lol.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i just changed my preffered sp path ready..

go on 3 then go imediatley on 2 then go on 4 then go on 3 (should be starting solo as last sp ends) then i go every 3 whammy the first two long star notes during the solo and go on three. then go again on three every time till the end. and i usually hold of on using the last sp until the when it goes ygygygy---- again i go on that long note there.

but i seem to be sucking ass more but i think if i nail it i'll get a very highscore. whish someone who can FC this would try this path and tell me if it works better than theirs, lol
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the solo, it splits the notes up into sections of 3, so for the beginning (of the solo), where it goes GRG RYR YBY RYR RYR YBY YBY, just strum three times to keep time with it, and it should fall into place. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another path might be 4-4-2-3-3-3

get 4 wait 2 measures
get 4 wait 1 measure
all the rest act on the next note.

Can't play this for crap ( haven't tried in awhile) but this should be close to the real thing.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
rude95841  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rude95841 wrote:

go on 3 then go imediatley on 2 then go on 4 then go on 3 (should be starting solo as last sp ends) then i go every 3 whammy the first two long star notes during the solo and go on three. then go again on three every time till the end. and i usually hold of on using the last sp until the when it goes ygygygy---- again i go on that long note there.

but i seem to be sucking ass more but i think if i nail it i'll get a very highscore. whish someone who can FC this would try this path and tell me if it works better than theirs, lol

well using this path i got 315k+ so i know this is right
malictus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rude95841 wrote:
rude95841 wrote:

I tried that path (with a slight tweak) and somehow managed a full combo and approx 330K points. The best is 335K, so it's possible that squeezing and activation points could make up the difference... Anyway, thanks for the path idea!
rude95841  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
rude95841 wrote:
rude95841 wrote:

I tried that path (with a slight tweak) and somehow managed a full combo and approx 330K points. The best is 335K, so it's possible that squeezing and activation points could make up the difference... Anyway, thanks for the path idea!

ok i have actually tweaked this more.

get 3 wait for 2 green notes go before the first red.
sp should end right at the R B R B stars get those then get the next set and go imidiatly. then collect 4 you will be in the chords again go imediatly. then you get 2 and go imediatly again. it should end right at the B Y R G stars get two more and go during the long blue one (about 1/2 to 3/4' ofthe way through it). then collect 3 and go and collect the last 3 and go before the string of fast notes, it should last until the end of the song so you can even squeeze in the last group o chords.

it got me 325k and i added 1 extra strum, so i think this is it. i may edit it a note chart with my path on it later.

star path chart

p.s. on the first activation you should go before the red note not on it. and on the second activation I made it look like it goes a lil longer than it actually does.
and on the long blue star note the one near the start of the solo you have to go before it finishes or you will miss the next set of stars.

sorry i did such a bad photo shop job on it. I know I'll redo it again nd make it better. then i'll eit that one in here too, lol.

-edit-
new better star path chart
rude95841  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!!! WOOT WOOT 100% and it is a FC!!!!!! wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo

holy snikies i even got third place now.....

ok i used all the blue parts in my picture except the last blue one on that one i did the red one.

if you look up a couple posts you'll see a link to my SP path picture. then you will comprende what i'm sayin'

now someone who is a good squeezer could use this path and get 1st i know it dont use the last blue one though it's not optimal the red one is. ok have fun and let me know what happens cause now that i got this beat I dont wanna play it no more, lol.

jk since it's my favorite song on the first game, lmfao.
Samson007  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good squeezer could get first you say?

Well ill have to try this one out later tonight. I will let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Well, on my first runthrough i managed the FC and got 332,908.

On all of my following attempts I couldnt seem to get through without fucking up something stupid. I know I missed a few squeezes, so this might be the right one and it might not. I guess we wont know until someone either does it right or the top 2 guys tell us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Medium All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: