ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7 New Tracks Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
NYwRiter94 wrote:
Why would that be so bad? It could very well be Fruit Punch or drops of Ketchup. It's not like you are going to have a Boss Battle against the guitarist from that band and then at the end spear them with your guitar and have him explode and it starts Raining Blood, although that isn't a bad idea...

I'm not saying I would give it an M rating for that reason, but you know how uptight everyone is these days about video game ratings. Plus a lot of little kids play this game and having raining blood would probably turn away a lot of parents looking to get their kid a Christmas present.

Its interesting observation that the band themselves could probably do this using fake blood etc and still have an all-ages show (depending ont he whether the venue usually has drinking, etc), but if the same stage show was modelled in a video game, with what is arguably even faker blood, since its just pixels on a screen, then probably it would get rated M for Gore (or whatever that descriptor is), and people would say that its not suitable for teens.

Last edited by Barfo on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thechosen  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
005 wrote:
NYwRiter94 wrote:
Why would that be so bad? It could very well be Fruit Punch or drops of Ketchup. It's not like you are going to have a Boss Battle against the guitarist from that band and then at the end spear them with your guitar and have him explode and it starts Raining Blood, although that isn't a bad idea...

I'm not saying I would give it an M rating for that reason, but you know how uptight everyone is these days about video game ratings. Plus a lot of little kids play this game and having raining blood would probably turn away a lot of parents looking to get their kid a Christmas present.

Its interesting observation that the band themselves could probably do this using fake blood etc and still have an all-ages show (depending ont he whether the venue usually has drinking, etc), but if the same stage show was modelled in a video game, with what is arguably even faker blood, since its just pixels on a screen, then probably it would get rated M, and people would say that its not suitable for teens.

yup thats what i would think to
i doubt it would get an AO rating
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Murder... AFI? What are you kidding me?

Rest are awesome =)
Antagonist  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem. I like AFI, but I do agree that it wasn't the best choice of song for this game, though I DO like it and look forward to playing it! Raining Blood! Paranoid! Awesome job, awesome songs, most likely an awesome game! Can't wait to get my copy.
jimmythekid  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same...i enjoy listening to quite a few AFI songs...but i think it would fit better in rock band rather than focusing on the guitar portion of any of their songs...especially miss murder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:

Its interesting observation that the band themselves could probably do this using fake blood etc and still have an all-ages show (depending ont he whether the venue usually has drinking, etc), but if the same stage show was modelled in a video game, with what is arguably even faker blood, since its just pixels on a screen, then probably it would get rated M for Gore (or whatever that descriptor is), and people would say that its not suitable for teens.

Well, I wouldn't let my kids even listen to Slayer, let alone go to a Slayer concert until they were old enough to understand what the music is about. I personally think Slayer is thematically one of the most vile bands to ever achieve the kind of popularity they have.

Although in terms of content, while M games say they are for 17+, I've always seen the M rating as more an equivalent to "PG-13" as opposed to "R." But I know a lot of retailers that won't sell a M rated game to anyone under 17. Such bullshit.
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Pretty ho-hum if you ask me. AFI? Yeah. No thanks. Hopefully a bonus track.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing ho-hum about Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll. It's going to be a fierce war in my head between that and La Grange for the best announced track.
Miwco  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFI and Black Sabbath <3<3<3
thespike  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3's and 7's! Awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
AOG  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome news Cities on flame,Paranoid, Mississippi queen, Reptillia ( has a cool bass line )

Another interesting thing to have some songs from rock band in there, should be interesting to see how the note charts compare to each other similarities, differences, easier, harder. should be interesting to see each developers take on the songs.
JusttakeurSoul  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! QotSa and The Strokes are my favorite bands thanks neversoft. And thanks guys for this information
ravenous31492  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully slayer isn't as hard as it is on the custom!

YOU HAVE APPLES?!?!
aloneinthedark  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should've picked an older AFI song. But w/e.

Happy to see they picked the only Slayer song I actually enjoy to be on here. Now we just need some Death and we'll be set...

ravenous31492 wrote:
hopefully slayer isn't as hard as it is on the custom!
Most of the customs are far overblown in difficulty, so it shouldn't be harder than the customs. Especially since Slayer solos shouldn't be difficult in the first place.
The-Jack  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG SLAYER!!!!!!! \m/ *ahem*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 3 of 31

Jump to: