ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
SThorpe wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:
COBW3BB wrote:
I got everyone's weapons powered up... including Lulu's (Yes I sure as hell dodged over 200 lightning bolts by God!). I did not however complete the Monster Arena thingy... I didn't feel like trying to capture the Demonoliths at the Omega Ruins... those things pissed me off so bad. Wow.

Stupidest mini-"game" ever. I thought about it and then realized, I have to sit here for 30 minutes+, press x 200 times without missing once just so I can get some doll for my Black Mage who generally isn't in my party at the end of the game anyway (Tidus, Auron and Yuna with Holy is enough for me).

hahahaha, god they could have at least not have made you fight some random shit inbetween every bolt..

p.s. ahhhhh, back to a more familiar av now.

You could have used equipment that warded off monsters, I had a sword for Tidus that did it. But I never did the lightning bolt dodgeing thing.

Um... unless I'm remembering wrong, all I did was stand in one place...? Still a PITA though...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Riz wrote:
Distillers for the win. I rarely, if ever, ran out of basic spheres. Even just distillers and normal fights with overkill (although I donno if I'd recommend Omega, but if you're trying to get spheres and sp at the same time, I guess...), or going to extremes, there is a mob in monster arean that drops 40 of something, so with a distiller, that's 40 of whatever sphere you'd like.

Riz.

Son...of a...BIIIIIITTTTCCCCHHHH!!!

Totally. Distillers are the shit. Coupled with Overkills, I almost never had an issue with basic spheres. And really, I can't remember which one of the monster creations hands out 20 (40 OK) spheres (I think Fenrir), but when I'm in a hole, I take a visit to the monster arena.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kottos was the one you guys are talking about, he gives out 20-40 healing springs(or was that for getting quick cash?). I didn't know/forgot there was a guy who gave out lots of spheres. Boy that would have been easier.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, which one is Kottos? The huge, hairy dude that has that fighting stance?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Riz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go look it up (consult your favorite monster arena faq), but the mob in question does not drop spheres... he drops 20 of something (40 overkill, as mentioned). Distillers convert everything that gets dropped by a mob into spheres of whatever type of distiller you use. I also seem to recall something about if you get 1 sphere, cry, because it would have been a dark matter without the distiller.

Riz.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao. Ah yes, the dark matter. Only when you don't one or two of those does it piss you off.
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played any FFs until FFX. dont care what others say but i thought it was an awesome game. still play it from time to time. still havent put enough time into to beat it though. I'll always start playing then get tired of it about 3/4 of the way through it.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, haven't finished it though. I quit playing where you have to go into the mountains and fight the boss guy and his pet, seymour or something. About that time i got some other games for my ps2 so yeah that's where the problem lies.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
bad memories, I couldn't get passed the second fight with Seymore, just couldn't be arsed after a while.

well 40 something hours later I have completed it. ^_^

the ending left me first of all sad, then completely "What The Fuck?! So...wha...?", but waaaay to easy at the end, the bosses didn't even get a turn before I overkilled them

a really great game for me, havent enjoyed a game so much in a while, now I REALLY want to get X-2.

...just..what the hell tbh, I mean srsly what the... XD I'm so confused.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't....bother with X2. Just don't.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but...I want to know what happens...

off to wiki then.
Riz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-2 isn't an awful game, or anything... if you can find it in the bargain bin for cheap, by all means, go for it. It has its moments... but it's nowhere near the game that X is.

Riz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a problem with Enix....though, X2 was a concept when it was still Square, so to be fair, I have a problem with Square. Where did they go wrong? -_-

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it up till I get to Sin. I kept dying against his damn shoulder and never felt like playing it more I just stopped. Ok game.

I also got to the final boss in VIII and couldn't beat her after several tries so I once again stopped playing after that.

I hate getting to final bosses and not finishing them.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed X-2 alot, the only thing that bothered me was trying to get 100% complete and coming up a little short, missing the best ending. Luckily, Youtube agreed to help out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: