Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
More Than A Feeling
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: More Than A Feeling Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok..I am stumped on this one.

My current strategy on this song is as follows
(refer to http://www.purplefrog.com/~thoth/guitar-hero/more-than-a-feeling-3.png):

Grab first star power (sequences during opening)
Grab second star power (sequences during opening)
Use star power immediately after second

Whammy 3rd star power (extended Red note)
use star power right way after 3rd

Whammy 4th star power (extended Blue/Orange chord)
Whammy 5th star power (extended Red note)
Use star power right away after 5th.

Whammy 6th star power (Yellow/Blue chord)
Whammy 7th star power (Extended orange)
Whammy 8th star sequence (set of chords following solo)
Use star power immediately

Grab 9th star power (yellow/red/yellow sequence)
Whammy 10th star power (Red/Blue chord)
Use star power whenever

Miss the 11th star power..I'm already full from the 9th and 10th sequence...and grabbing this one alone does not net you enough to activate...so I can't see how to incorporate this one.

Using this method, and nailing 100%, I managed top 5 here....however, the top 2 guys are 4k ahead of me....so there must be a better way than the method I described above.

What is the secret?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you thought about not whammying 10th, and just using it after 11th?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "secret" is the 4th star power.

You can gain half a meter of star power by whammying it exactly at the start of the hold.

Then you can activate right afterwards when the main melody picks up again and follow your strategy for the rest of the song.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
The "secret" is the 4th star power.

You can gain half a meter of star power by whammying it exactly at the start of the hold.

Then you can activate right afterwards when the main melody picks up again and follow your strategy for the rest of the song.

Ok..that went beyond a mere tip for a song....to an overall tip for those trying for the top scores.

I thought my whammy technique was pretty good..and at first I disbelieved you.... I did not believe you could get the bar half full on that chord..I had tried several times in the past in vain. Once you posted this, I went ahead and tried again...more serious this time. In fact, it took me over a half dozen tries before I was able to successfully whammy that note correctly and get just that half a millisecond more in order to be able to activate it as you said.... even once I changed my technique, I would still occasionally miss it.

I was able to better my previous score by over 2k. I am still shy of the top score by a bit over 2k...but I recognized several places where I did not activate star power quite as efficiently as I could.

Just goes to show the level of competition here is pretty tough....not only do you have to nail these songs 100% and have a good star power strategy, but you also have to be able to squeeze every last point out of the song!

I learned a very valuable lesson here. Thanks JCirri. I even thanked you on my (current) 3rd place attempt I just achieved on hard for this song!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are excellent! I used Rabies strategy whammying the 4th hold, and I got a score of 282118 with 99%, I'm gonna try and FC the song later, my hands feel a bit weird proberbly why I missed the note, thanks alot
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problm SThorpe....this is a bit late for you..but here is the updated strategy posted in visual format...

Rabies - More Than a Feeling hard strategy
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be missing something here because i suck at star power paths but to me this one seems weird, wouldn't it be better to delay the 5th activation so that it covered the notes in star power 9? Even without it you get more than a full bar out of Star powers 10 and 11.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
I must be missing something here because i suck at star power paths but to me this one seems weird, wouldn't it be better to delay the 5th activation so that it covered the notes in star power 9? Even without it you get more than a full bar out of Star powers 10 and 11.

Yes, I think you're right. It looks like you should use it at the R or the B hold in the "verse" part (so delay it 5 1/2 or 6 beats from where it is currently activated). That should net you some more notes. I would end it when the second BR chord hits, wherever that ends up being. If the timing is bad, however, you might want to try and end it with the first BR chord.

1226.png
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:

See..this is how better star paths come about. I never tested to see if you get a full bar from stars 10 and 11..if that is the case..then yes..your idea to delay it and cover star power 9 under the 5th activation will net you over a thousand more points.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you've got whammy room to spare before the chords come in.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new path might be the one Ech uses...as he clearly has a better path.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i just did it and got 284085 without the critical whammy which i can't get because of my damn left handedness

Still a 7k improvement though, thanks
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anybody else is still reading these, but delay the last activation to the third set of GY chords and you get an extra chord at the end.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P. Brad Delp
If there was a 'rock vocals hero' this'd be the finale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: