Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Az vs. the world (circa 200th place)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Az vs. the world (circa 200th place) Reply with quote

I completed one of my pre-GH2 goals today -- I made 10 million. Back when I set that goal, some 3 weeks ago when I had little more than 9 mill, there were only about 180 people that had 10 million scores. I assumed my other goal - to find my way into the top 200 - would be an easier task. And here I am, on October 21, with 10 million points, and in 203rd place.

What makes this aggravating is that just about EVERY one of the people in the vicinity of 200th place is actively posting scores right now, probably for similar reasons as I am. In fact, I was in 202nd place, looked at a head-to-head briefly, went back to my scores and found in just those 3 minutes I had dropped one rank!

So I'm calling you out. MtDewNinja, jokupelle, ebayitup, p41, NathanJM, TheRavage, and company. Don't think you're safe where you stand. I was 230th at the start of the week. I was 210 when I started today. I'm at 203 now. And right now, you're all denying me glory. 200th will be mine tomorrow.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this was a little too easy. It's barely tomorrow, and a little work on two songs (that have more room to grow, but my hands got tired) got me to 193rd.

I hope you slackers are gonna keep up, or I might have to taunt further up the list. (I'm not normally one for trash-talking, but if there was a time to provoke people into pushing themselves harder, now would be it.)
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a couple of you kicking out there. I got bumped down to 196 while not playing for the majority of today. One score before going to bed brought me right back to 193 though. =p
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at around 215 or so. I don't care much about top 200, but I'd love to crack 10M before GH2. Congrats to you though.

Here's our scores compared. http://www.scorehero.com/compare.php?user=2526&user2=&game=1&diff=4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, your link doesn't work and you weren't showing on the compare users list. I had to go looking on the actual rankings list. Looks like I've got you 27-20 at the moment, but you've got better scores on all the songs that drive me nuts.

Are you from Philly proper? I'm out in Norristown. Anyway, suffice it to say, I feel obliged right now to say...bring it, old man!
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been stuck at 9th place for weeks - the gap between 9th and 8th is just too daunting, and I'd have to get a great run in one or two facemelters in order to stand a chance of upping my rank, but I find them too frustrating with the buggy HOPO system for the most part!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
I've been stuck at 9th place for weeks - the gap between 9th and 8th is just too daunting, and I'd have to get a great run in one or two facemelters in order to stand a chance of upping my rank, but I find them too frustrating with the buggy HOPO system for the most part!

I've been as high as 15th place, but every time I move up, someone comes in and topples me. Now 12 million is getting more and more daunting, even though I'm getting close (70K more). I think this week marks my last week of GH1. I'm frustrating myself by playing it. So that gives me 5 days to get 12 million... I don't want to be sick of GH by the time GH2 comes out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

183rd...eat my dust, I guess. Not like I'm making huge improvements here, though. Total of 30k for the day, I think.
TheRavage  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Funny, your link doesn't work and you weren't showing on the compare users list. I had to go looking on the actual rankings list. Looks like I've got you 27-20 at the moment, but you've got better scores on all the songs that drive me nuts.

Are you from Philly proper? I'm out in Norristown. Anyway, suffice it to say, I feel obliged right now to say...bring it, old man!

Norristown, Pennsylvania? HOLY SHIT. I live there, too!

Also, I'm, like, 131st. I'm shooting for top 100. My Hey score helped out a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 242nd and trying to get up to top 200. so watch out for my name sometime in the future. i too am working foreward to 10mil.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRavage wrote:
Norristown, Pennsylvania? HOLY SHIT. I live there, too!

Technically East Norriton, but I usually just call it Norristown. Or King of Prussia even.

I was up to 173rd a couple days ago, but stagnation ftl -- haven't had time to play and won't again today. Bumped down to 181 so far. I think maybe 150 is a little too far off to make in 9 days, but I'll see what I can do amidst my other obligations. I really just need to figure out Cowboys From Hell and my score will take off. (GG 118k score on CFH.)
TheRavage  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on such a god damn roll last night. I killed Smoke on the Water, BatM, and a few others. I'm now 106th! I'm trying to FC Sharp Dressed Man and Fat Lip, today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Azuarc. i'm about 5 places away. i'm comming for you...
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
I'm in Havertown just down the blue route a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
Hey Azuarc. i'm about 5 places away. i'm comming for you...

!

I've been slacking the last week or so. I need to actually make some headway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: