ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Most nostalgic game for you
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Most nostalgic game for you Reply with quote

In every videogame players life, there is a game (or set of games) that you will always remember; the story, the characters, that point in your life where a boy becomes a man... ...anyways you all know what I'm talking about. My most nostalgic game is FF9, yup I remember every little part about that game; the music, the characters, my childhood friend Morgan showed me the game when I was in 5th grade, and then in 8th grade he moved away. I've only seen him a couple of times since then and I always remember that videogame. Any heartwarming moments you guys care to share?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Startropics
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy VIII, having had a massive crush on Rinoa.

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders for Commodore 64. That game was just awesome.

Also, of course, Sonic and Sonic 2, seeing as they were my first video games ever. Thanks for the reminder, SThorpe.

Last edited by Dreyvas on Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic 1, 2 and Sonic and Knuckles

these are prolly my first ever games, and they rock.
MLafer  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Final Fantasy 2 (american numbering). I played this game so much when I was 8-9. My parents wouldn't buy it though so I just kept renting it for weeks at a time and racking up overdue fees. It's still my favorite FF game.

Last edited by MLafer on Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
Definitely Final Fantasy 2 (american numbering).

A friend of mine brought it over to my house one weekend, I think we were in 7th grade or so, and basically insisted I play it. He tried to micromanage my playing for a while (much to my annoyance), then fell asleep. When I next got up to get something to drink, I realized it was light outside, and my game clock was over 7 hours. First RPG all-nighter. I've played that game so many times... I eventually got to a point where I could beat the game in under 8 hours.

Ah, memories...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendo Legend of Zelda. . .not exactly a heartwarming tale but I was up to Gannon, had my game saved, put a note on the system saying `Please! Do not take the game out to play Tetris, I am up to Ganon`. . I come back that afternoon to see the note aside, Tetris in . . put Zelda in and my saved game had dissapeared. (my brother is 11 years older than me, you think at 20 he would have been less of an ass) But yeah, definitely get tingles every time I hear the theme.

and. . .Iceclimbers. Fun for the imagination (why the heck do they need all that eggplant. . . ) and the most fun my brother and I ever had. No better way to knock your bigger and stronger sibling down a peg or two by knocking him off the iceclimbing board.

Oh, SuperMario 1. . . my best buddy and I used to sing `beetles in a bottle` to the underground level music. . always pops in my head when I`m hyper.

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everyone who says Final Fantasy 2(4)

It is literally my favorite game ever. EVER.
Anthony  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing brings me more great gaming memories than my old brick sized gameboy. Super Mario Land 2 was the first game I ever played, and Link's Awakening was the first game that showed me just how good a game could be. So both of those hold a special place in my heart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Yeah, man, Link's Awakening for the brick-like Gameboy definitely holds a special place in my heart. I feel like I still know every aspect of the time...I loved the music, the dungeons characters...everything!

2) Super Mario 3 - one of the first Nintendo games I ever played, and I eventually could beat it in an hour. I used to get so excited trying to beat it going through every single world without warping. *tear, sob, sob*

3) Double Dragon 2 for Nintendo - I used to be able to beat this game fairly easily too - one of my all-time favorites

4) Streets of Rage 2- Brings back memories of being 10 and playing in my friend's cozy living room while there was a blizzard outside

5) Super Street Fighter 2 for Genesis

6) Chrono Trigger - I don't even need to make a comment for this one. It speaks for itself.

EDIT: Ok, I know I picked 6 games which doesn't fit exactly into the thread topic...but I just couldn't leave any of them out. They all tug at my heartstrings.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Millertime  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega Man X (the entire series, although X1-X3 are the most nostalgic for me.)
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm younger and didn't get into the RPG scene really ever, my nostalgia is Mega Man X and Super Mario World. Getting to the secret Star World and getting all 5 coins in every level was the first moment in my life that I actually realized that I had no life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocarina of Time.

Without getting into a "best Zelda game of all time" debate, I would say it is easily OoT.

I have played this game so many times I could probably read you the script from my memory. And Master Quest just owned.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nostalgia? I don't have nostalgia.

I treat every game equally, one minute I pop in the 2600, the next playing GH.

However the one with the best memories has to be Lunar SSSC for PSX.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
Definitely Final Fantasy 2 (american numbering). I played this game so much when I was 8-9. My parents wouldn't buy it though so I just kept renting it for weeks at a time and racking up overdue fees. It's still my favorite FF game.

Wow, my dad actually got me into the FF series with FFIV (2 US) when I was around 11 or so. Yes, my dad plays video games (mostly just Warcraft 3 now, though)... My favorite FF is 6 (3 US), though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: