ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH80s - S6 - PS2 - Expert A Thread: Week 4 songs up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willo1188  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't get that 1st star power proply at times.
Xerocool79  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who still doesn't have any League A sections showing up on the Score Submission site? AAA and AA both have their stuff up, but I'm not seeing anything for A.

"Your paragon of Virtue has arrived..."
WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything for A yet either.

And I hate Seventeen.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys..elx must be busy. I added the A league to the GHevents site....please let me know if there is a problem. This is a restricted signup (to ensure somebody inapproriate does not join), so your signup will be in a 'pending' state until we approve you (then it turns green). Signup as soon as you can.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just sent mine in (since i wont have any other time this week so i sent it early). I think i've got done well ina ll except seventeen. so i won't mind being last in seventeen. lol
Tyrgannus  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventeen?

Yeah, from an actual note chart difficulty standpoint, Seventeen is definitely the hardest song we have, but I would tend to think Metal Health is actually the hardest song to score here.

Don't laugh.

The actual activiations in Metal Health (If done right that is) are beyond evil. You have to early whammy like a pro.

Plus, talk about your combo breakers for added frustration. Most of the song isn't bad of course, but then you got the extended trill which is difficult to combo and that fast strumming chords at the end which is LOL hard to combo.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure what I said is still good league conduct seeing as I haven't told you how well I myself am doing, given my score, or hinted at it in anyway. I just some commonly known stuff about the songs.

Anyways, now that that's said, no one in these divisions is going to FC Seventeen. If they do, they were placed in the wrong division. An A1er with good patience should be able to get the chorus and verse riffs down (Though even they aren't a total walk in the park) but that solo and outro?

No.

Just isn't going to happen here.

AAA? Yeah, you expect it there, but A? No.
eachann  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of torn on seventeen.. on one hand it's one of my favorite songs in the game.. on the other hand I'm not very good at it... heh

Turning Japanese... it's a fun song.. I have no idea how i'll score though

Balls to the Wall... I don't think I can FC it but I think I should be competative...

Bang Your Head... I should place right in the middle on this song. It'll come down to who can do the solo and who can't since the rest of the song is pretty easy. I'm not all that good at the crazy solos so...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ha! now those songs were fun. hopfully i can stay at #2 on A3!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ghetto Meatball
Zknet  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving up on Seventeen. I'll be near (if not on) the bottom of the list for that one.

Bang Your Head is starting to piss me off. I can't seem to whammy out those two extra SP sections. I always come just a hair short. Argh.
mikeybaby  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These songs are driving me loopy, i'm incredibly frustrated with seventeen... and to think I used to like that song, turning Japanese went okay, but still doubt i'm going to be placed anywhere, gave up on bang your head after two attempts, it's just evil that you have to play through such an easy song only to have the trill and end chords and balls to the wall was also fairly shoddy. Can't bring myself to play any more of these songs, good luck all. If I maintain 4th I'll be very disappointed in all of you :p

"All I do is sit down at the [laptop] and start hitting the keys. Getting them in the right order, that's the trick... that's the trick" The immortal words of Garth Marenghi
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning Japanese is one of my favorite songs in this edition. The only thing I hate about it is the one part in the middle ( http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh80s/turningjapanese_guitar_expert.png measures 71 and 72). I can't hit that on a regular basis.

Bang Your Head, I get the whammy SPs about 10% of the time. Gah.

Balls to the Wall, I think, it just a fun(ny) song in general.

On Seventeen, I have my lowest %age of all songs so far this season. Sometimes I can nail the lick (the one in the first two measures of notes), other times I can barely hit any of them. Annoying.

Plus the fact that this is the first week of classes AND I'm moving into an apartment mean that I have very little time to play at all. I haven't played any of this week's more than 5 times.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whammy bit in bang your head is a bitch. so i ignored it and used my own SP route. i would've helped but it was hell to do.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about an hour of free time tomorrow to do these songs. I have a feeling I'll be dead last again.

Hey, what's wrong with consistency?

eachann  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zknet wrote:
I'm giving up on Seventeen. I'll be near (if not on) the bottom of the list for that one.

Bang Your Head is starting to piss me off. I can't seem to whammy out those two extra SP sections. I always come just a hair short. Argh.

I've been trying like hell to whammy those two sections, and I have yet to do it... I know it's possible, but I just can't do it... you'd think I'd have managed to get one at least once.. but I finally just did the best SP path I could manage without those squeezes. I suck at squeezing anyway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned in my scores since I'll be out of town tomorrow. I only really had 2 nights to work on the songs this week.. .with a couple of hours one other night. However, I'm extremely pleased with my scores. I don't know how they will stack up... but I exceeded my own expectations and did better than I really believed I could do so I think it'll be a good week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: