Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
a Song Injector program
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHAR  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think RO should put some sort of program that allows you to input songs of cds or HD. In a nice clean way, besides putting the song into another song. But let you name the song and play it under a category of Custom Songs or something.

ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAR wrote:
I still think RO should put some sort of program that allows you to input songs of cds or HD. In a nice clean way, besides putting the song into another song. But let you name the song and play it under a category of Custom Songs or something.

Not gonna happen, not this console generation anyway. The ps2 doesn't have enough memory to run the game without the disc (which is what it would need to do if you were to load your own music cd.)

I'm not saying that this wouldn't be a cool feature, especially on the 360, but it just isn't going to happen.
dieselmachine  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgophlax wrote:
Any tips on getting the OPM demo to work from a HD? I inject songs, load the ISO to the HD but it won't run. Sits at a black screen. Al other images I have on it work fine.

Do you get a black screen when the demo loads? Or, does the black screen happen when you specifically try to enter the guitar hero 2 section of the demo?

If the former, it may be a burning problem, because even if the main ARK file is mangled, the demo framework itself will still load. If it blacks out when you try to select the guitar hero 2 section, then perhaps my program is faulty.

Let me know if it's the latter, and i'll see what I can do about fixing it. FOr now, though, it seems to be working perfectly (for me), so i'm tackling other projects.
dieselmachine  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a burning problem, maybe an image creation problem, my bad.

I open the isos with ultraISO and drop the modified files into it, and that seems to do the trick.
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried adding trippolette to the 10 track demo in place of strutter with a DVD-R. It booted correctly, and the other songs work, and when i highlight strutter, the music for trippolette plays, but when i select it, it freezes on the load screen.

any help, or does this not work with gh1 midi files?

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebayitup wrote:
tried adding trippolette to the 10 track demo in place of strutter with a DVD-R. It booted correctly, and the other songs work, and when i highlight strutter, the music for trippolette plays, but when i select it, it freezes on the load screen.

any help, or does this not work with gh1 midi files?

You have to modify it to work for GH2. How? I don't know.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters the note track in GH1 was called T1 GEMS, but in GH2 it's called PART GUITAR ..
Riff has written all that stuff down in his VGS/MID post.
dieselmachine  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on GH1 songs right now. Basically, to get it working, I'm doing the following things:

rename the main track. Also, splice the track, sending all note events to PART GUITAR and all vocalist action events to the new vocalist event track.

splice ANIM track, sending action events to the relevent band member track.

add in a dummy PART BASS track.

recalculate all MTrk header sizes and rewrite them into the appropriate place.

change the chunk number in the MThd to 8, instead of 5.

When I'm done, i'll let you know how it worked, and if all is good, i'll have a conversion tool available in the next couple of days.
2n2  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Good luck!
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, i'd love to get pro faceoff, turning GH2 into GH1 basically with the new PO/HO system.

Pro Face-off + BATM = WIN
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:
For starters the note track in GH1 was called T1 GEMS, but in GH2 it's called PART GUITAR ..
Riff has written all that stuff down in his VGS/MID post.

I am aware of this, i have read it a couple of times now. I simply wasn't aware that the names of the track was checked by the game. I'm not a programing wiz, like i said is riff's post on vgs/midi, i'm a truck driver and a recording engineer, i'm just trying to figure this stuff out. IF i can get this in my brain and understand it, i plan on puting bands that i record into the game, since i obviously have all the original audio files.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just start with a GH2 midi file and modify it for your needs, much easier than doing it in the GH1 format and trying to convert it to GH2.
Orgophlax  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dieselmachine wrote:
Orgophlax wrote:
Any tips on getting the OPM demo to work from a HD? I inject songs, load the ISO to the HD but it won't run. Sits at a black screen. Al other images I have on it work fine.

Do you get a black screen when the demo loads? Or, does the black screen happen when you specifically try to enter the guitar hero 2 section of the demo?

If the former, it may be a burning problem, because even if the main ARK file is mangled, the demo framework itself will still load. If it blacks out when you try to select the guitar hero 2 section, then perhaps my program is faulty.

Let me know if it's the latter, and i'll see what I can do about fixing it. FOr now, though, it seems to be working perfectly (for me), so i'm tackling other projects.

I get a black screen when the demo itself tries to load. And I'm running it straight from the HD, no buring. I used MagicISO to make the ISO and WinHIIP to put it on the HD. Any special options I need for either?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: