ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Long Island, NY - Sat 10/27 - SH get-together
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Floater  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you all should do this again except next time have it on a saturday so i can actually go
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have school Mon - Thurs. Work Sat-Sun.
Friday = win.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
Mazzocchi wrote:
Whoever took those pics was a real dumbass.

Oh well, blame my girlfriend for the group shot hahaha

Amanda would give you a power noogie if she read that. And I have to say she is quite the trooper for sitting around for hours on end watching random people play on plastic guitars and doing a food run and probably paying out of pocket unless Mazz gave her some money.

But 3 pizzas = 36 slices / 6 people = ????

Overall it was a very good experience. I think 5 people was more than enough to make it enjoyable. I think anymore it would have been a lot of downtime. Think you went a bit overboard to be honest to try to cater to strangers. I just feel kinda guilty getting stuff for free from people. I think it should be a bit more casual next time, I mean , I maybe only need 3 cans of soda tops, and a couple slices of pizza. Probably worth everyone throwing down 5 dollars and everyone goes home happy.

Good part about it is that it was a space that could pretty easily fit a good amount of people and a big sexy tv. Problem is that the tv lagged and no progressive scan so the image was pretty blurry. Customs were kinda meh. Some charts were really awesome and synced, others weren't. Maybe you can sort through the charts and just make a custom disk with all good charts. I'm sure that is a bitch though to find really good charts.

Everyone was pretty evenly matched, not too much star power memorization so it was kind of fair game for everyone. Except for StoneTemplePilot, I'd say he couldn't really match up to anyone there.
And Bobbeh owns strumming fast pretty hard whereas I suck very much at it.

Would be neat to get together when Guitar Hero III comes out, maybe it will have a better solution to laggy tvs than Guitar Hero II's lag calibration. Same thing with Rock Band I hope. Would be fun to play some Rock Band over there, seems like there is enough room for the drums and all.

I fear my room is going to be extremely cramped when I get Rock Band but I would welcome you guys to come by and play some songs if you ever wanted, just nothing too big because my room is pretty small.

snarl at im not evenly matched but yeah that was a really fun time and id def be game for setting one up again soon ill let you guys know
IamSpartacus  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We mainly set it up for yesterday was because most people around here had off for Rosh Ashana and this weekend I have band camp so I would be too busy to go to it. The next one will most likely be on a weekend. Maybe we could set it up in like 2 weeks since my birthday is on Oct. 3rd. We could have a SH get-together / b-day party. I don't want anyone to get me anything really, I would just want to hang out and have some fun. We'll see what happens.

StoneTemplePilot  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamSpartacus wrote:
We mainly set it up for yesterday was because most people around here had off for Rosh Ashana and this weekend I have band camp so I would be too busy to go to it. The next one will most likely be on a weekend. Maybe we could set it up in like 2 weeks since my birthday is on Oct. 3rd. We could have a SH get-together / b-day party. I don't want anyone to get me anything really, I would just want to hang out and have some fun. We'll see what happens.

sure yaaa dont lol
IamSpartacus  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StoneTemplePilot wrote:
IamSpartacus wrote:

sure yaaa dont lol

:P Haha why ask people from the internet that I've never met (except for 4) get something for someone they've never met? I would just want to meet everyone from ScoreHero and hang with good people. Hell of alot better then being with my family the following sunday >.>. That's when I get the gifts ;)

Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing this a tad late-ish. But this Saturday, I'm having a gettogether at my dad's house. If you wanna come, PM/AIM/MSN me for the address. I can edit this post for when to get there and stuff on Wednesday.

Also, sk8er has a gettogether on Friday. I'll tell him to post after me.

Hope one of us will have the GH3 demo.

Saturday's guest list so far:
DEFINITELY COMING:
Me(DUH)
Mitch(StoneTemplePilot)
Sam (My friend)

MAYBE COMING:
Other LI people (need to talk to them)
Slayer17
xnerdyxrealistx (Bringing another custom disc
Pie Guy

NOT COMING:
Pepino123
Floater
Thetimegoesbby
Eman
Maximus DM
Will55555
Mazzocchi

ParadigmShift389 (10:56:46 PM): like 90% sure I'm not coming:

Paradigm Shift

5:15 - 10:00

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: IT TURNS OUT I DON'T HAVE A MODDED PS2. I NEED SOMEONE TO BRING ONE.

If anyone can bring GH3, that'd be SOOPER. Because it's the day before release. You can go from the party to the line if you just HAVE to be at the midnight release. : D

Last edited by Bobbeh on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:22 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Bobbeh705
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, fest at my house Fri 10/19. Not positive about what time yet but I'm GUESSING 4-4:30ish til like 11:30ish, but I still gotta double check with my parents. I'm in West Islip and yeah. I have a 360 and a modded PS2, and hopefully I'm gonna have another TV (making 2) so I can have both set up. People feel free to bring your own TVs/games/systems/guitars/people/whatever lol. For my address just PM me or IM me on AIM and I'll edit this post once I know the time and stuff.

<-Old and way outdated scores, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the time for Friday is 5PM at my house. If you still need my address PM me or IM me on AIM.
List of people coming so far:
-My girlfriend
-3 of my friends (one has the GH3 demo which he'll prolly be bringing, even though it sucks lol)
-Bobbeh
-Thetimegoesby
-xnerdyxrealistx
Maybe:
-MaxiumusDM
-will55555 and a friend

and that's all as of now...so yeah, let's get more people!

Last edited by Sk8er4ever714 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:10 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
IamSpartacus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpage, have fun at either get-together guys. I can't make either because of Marching Band/Work :\. But if there's as many people as there were at the first one, then it should be pretty sick

youngsalvi16  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sk8er4ever714 wrote:
Ok, the time for Friday is 5PM at my house. If you still need my address PM me or IM me on AIM.
-My girlfriend
-2-3 of my friends (one has the GH3 demo which he'll prolly be bringing, even though it sucks lol)
-Bobbeh
-Thetimegoesby
-Maxiumus DM

Why dont the guys who are going on friday go on sat too????
Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngsalvi16 wrote:

Because schedules can be a cruel mistress.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Bobbeh705
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm gonna have 2 TVs set up, one for my 360 and one for my PS2. I have another small TV that I could set up if someone wants to bring another system, making 3 total.

will55555  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobbeh wrote:
youngsalvi16 wrote:

Because schedules can be a cruel mistress.

i agree with youngsalvi
We should get some people who are going on friday to go on sat. too
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sk8er4ever714 wrote:
-My girlfriend
-2-3 of my friends (one has the GH3 demo which he'll prolly be bringing, even though it sucks lol)
-Bobbeh
-Thetimegoesby
-Maxiumus DM

That isn't definite yet.
And I don't have a clue why you didn't just make a new topic, the first 2 pages is old information and quite confusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: