Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII Rivalry - Expert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: GHII Rivalry - Expert Reply with quote

Anyone wanna have a Expert rivalry on GHII? Anybody that has the game early? Anybody who's pretty good at the game post a song/score and let's have at it.

Note: I'm back at school now and don't have a camera so you'll have to take my word for it, but for an idea of my scores you can check out my post in the Accomplishments forum:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2588

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, lets go for it. I didn't want to at first, but I've already beaten all of the songs except for Jordan... and I've got 5* on probably 55 of the songs... (only missing 4-5 bonus tracks, Misirlou, Hangar 18, Institutionalized, Rock This Town and Stop now I think). I haven't FC'd ANY songs yet though. I'm 1 note from an FC on Mr. Fix-it, Monkey Wrench and Heart-Shaped Box though...

Less Talk More Rokk - ~306K I'd have to look at home to see exactly what it is, but I think this song is capable of 400K.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
You know what, lets go for it. I didn't want to at first, but I've already beaten all of the songs except for Jordan... and I've got 5* on probably 55 of the songs... (only missing 4-5 bonus tracks, Misirlou, Hangar 18, Institutionalized, Rock This Town and Stop now I think). I haven't FC'd ANY songs yet though. I'm 1 note from an FC on Mr. Fix-it, Monkey Wrench and Heart-Shaped Box though...

Less Talk More Rokk - ~306K I'd have to look at home to see exactly what it is, but I think this song is capable of 400K.

I'm in - will post Less Talk More Rokk score when I get home

-D
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:

-D

You'll FC it in a few runs, I'm sure. The part that goes B B R B R B (the part you missed more than the chorus!) is very easy once you realize that the timing changes every once in a while. The way you can tell that is the 3rd B note will be a HO. I don't think I ever miss in that section anymore. I just miss a few times in the chorus and usually several times in the intro (the tempo acceleration screws me up, but it's so awesome!). Oh well, having stiff competition will definitely help me accel. Beat Jordan yet?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
wuLFe wrote:

-D

You'll FC it in a few runs, I'm sure. The part that goes B B R B R B (the part you missed more than the chorus!) is very easy once you realize that the timing changes every once in a while. The way you can tell that is the 3rd B note will be a HO. I don't think I ever miss in that section anymore. I just miss a few times in the chorus and usually several times in the intro (the tempo acceleration screws me up, but it's so awesome!). Oh well, having stiff competition will definitely help me accel. Beat Jordan yet?

I haven't tried it yet - my time to play over the weekend is very limited, but from this evening I will be going through everything - The last song I played last night was YYZ, so just the five 8th tier songs and bonus songs to do tonight!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I'm no good at Less Talk More Rokk. I'll have a score up in an hour or two, though.

By the way, I'm having SomeDude over tonight and he's bringing his camera to take some Co-op pictures. If anybody else wants to come, they can have at it. My place at 6:45. Message me for more info.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Damn, I'm no good at Less Talk More Rokk. I'll have a score up in an hour or two, though.

By the way, I'm having SomeDude over tonight and he's bringing his camera to take some Co-op pictures. If anybody else wants to come, they can have at it. My place at 6:45. Message me for more info.

Work those HO/PO!

Would love to come out tonight, but I already made plans with my girlfriend.... to play GH2 co-op! Maybe in the next couple of weeks we can ALL get together at once...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do work the HOPO's. I just miss occasionally and all the combo breaks add up.

That's cool. I played Co-Op with my girlfriend the other night too. She was pretty good on Easy and she could handle some Medium, but our scores weren't too hot.

Edit:

Less Talk More Rokk 270832 5 star 91% 207 note streak

It won't be much better till I take the last riff introduced into Training Mode.

Edit #2:

I just 5 starred Hangar 18 - 298270 90% 346 note streak

Only 6 more songs left till I'm a Guitar God on Expert: Carry Me Home, Psychobilly Freakout, Instituionalized, Misirlou (which I'm only about 13 or 14k away on, I have 192,000), of course Jordan, and Six.

Kecos  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
I do work the HOPO's. I just miss occasionally and all the combo breaks add up.

That's cool. I played Co-Op with my girlfriend the other night too. She was pretty good on Easy and she could handle some Medium, but our scores weren't too hot.

Edit:

Less Talk More Rokk 270832 5 star 91% 207 note streak

It won't be much better till I take the last riff introduced into Training Mode.

Edit #2:

I just 5 starred Hangar 18 - 298270 90% 346 note streak

Only 6 more songs left till I'm a Guitar God on Expert: Carry Me Home, Psychobilly Freakout, Instituionalized, Misirlou (which I'm only about 13 or 14k away on, I have 192,000), of course Jordan, and Six.

The game isn't even out yet and you're almost a guitar god already?
Wow, you're good
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Misirlou (which I'm only about 13 or 14k away on, I have 192,000)

Holy shit! Awesome job. I have to see this. I've only tried the song 3 times, because my arm gets way too tired to do anything else after playing that...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTMR : 375272 - now back to the other bonus songs!
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
LTMR : 375272 - now back to the other bonus songs!

Yeah, and I still think 400K is about a perfect... Awesome job. I'll try to beat that tonight. I know I'm capable, I just need to stay calmed down.

Luckily I'm taking the afternoon off, because I know I at least have 1 more 1st place song (Bad Reputation) except for Dan's humongous score of 185K.

Okay: I give up on LTMR for now. My fretting fingers feel like they have small splints strapped to them. :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear David and Dan,

Please stop getting 1st place on every song.

Thanks,
Noah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Dear David and Dan,

Please stop getting 1st place on every song.

Thanks,
Noah

What - I left anybody else with a 1st place after yesterdays marathon?

If we're going to carry on with the rivalry, I suggest tonight we do "Carry Me Home"?

-D
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have BatH and Mr. Fix-it (can improve a 2-3K with slightly better SP activation, I think). I can do Carry Me Home, but not sure if I can do it tonight or not. Tomorrow for sure...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: