ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Shout at the Devil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Easy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dougie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I got 73,402 with two verified missed squeezes. I noticed a few things about the game mechanics that are different from GH1.

In GH1, you got 50 for the first ten notes, 100 for the second ten, 150 for the third ten, and then 200 for every note from 31 onwards. In GH2, you get 50 for the first NINE notes, 100 for notes 10-19, 150 for notes 20-29, and then 200 for every note from 30 onwards.

The thing that is bugging the heck out of me is that it doesn't seem possible to have the first note of a squeeze count if you are hitting it as late as possible. That first SP activation is NEVER counting as a note hit unless I deliberately force the action to the point where I almost always miss the last note. I thought it might just be doing that on holds until I got to the last SP and was watching the score as I hit it late, and sure enough, it did not count it. Could my select button possibly be lagging somehow?

Judging by the amount I missed the high score by had I picked up the two extra notes, that score looks like it probably cannot be pushed any higher.
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dougie wrote:
The thing that is bugging the heck out of me is that it doesn't seem possible to have the first note of a squeeze count if you are hitting it as late as possible. That first SP activation is NEVER counting as a note hit unless I deliberately force the action to the point where I almost always miss the last note. I thought it might just be doing that on holds until I got to the last SP and was watching the score as I hit it late, and sure enough, it did not count it. Could my select button possibly be lagging somehow?

I'm not really sure what I can tell you. I've never had a problem with this since I started squeezing with select. I only pay attention to my score at breaks, but to make sure I get the squeezes, I just check that blue flames come up from the note and not red. It's just a timing thing that you need to get down. I've heard that squeezing is easier in GH1 for whatever reason, so you'll just have to get used to the different system, as will I when I transfer over. I'll also have to get used to playing on easy/medium without hyperspeed again. Notes scroll incredibly slowly without it. Oh, and there are definitely ticks left, but I'm not sure on the exact timing of the 2nd sp activation, so it is a very difficult score to beat, since it was very good for that run.
Dougie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried 50 times now and have gotten through the first SP twice. If I didn't have to Mickey Mouse around with this "hit select-now wait a week-now strum" BS, I would probably consider playing this game a little more.
Dougie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better yet, now when I am getting through the first SP, I get ready to activate #2 during that red hold. I just played to that point and pointed the guitar straight up TWICE and the SP never activated.

I went back to the black guitar and somehow managed to get through the whole song without missing any notes. I still have to wait so long for things to happen that I am losing hold points.
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dougie wrote:
Even better yet, now when I am getting through the first SP, I get ready to activate #2 during that red hold. I just played to that point and pointed the guitar straight up TWICE and the SP never activated.

I went back to the black guitar and somehow managed to get through the whole song without missing any notes. I still have to wait so long for things to happen that I am losing hold points.

You don't lose any hold ticks regardless of how late you strum the note. You only lose them for letting go of the fret early at the end. I'm really not sure why you're having so much trouble and never experienced these problems myself really, so I don't know what to say. I did have the problem of sp taking forever to activate with tilting, but as long as you exclusively use select that isn't a problem.
Dougie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes it is a problem. If it wasn't, I would have put up 73,8XX already.

I'm not concerned with this right now. Now I have to worry about someone flat out lying and posting baloney numbers with no proof on GH1. (EDIT: And it looks like you do too.)

Last edited by Dougie on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dougie wrote:
Well, yes it is a problem. If it wasn't, I would have put up 73,8XX already.

You just need to make sure you're hitting select then strumming in quick succession, not trying to do both at exactly the same time. That's when you start messing up. Just be patient with it.
Dougie  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

73,634 with a miss at the beginning of the final SP because I was trying to hit it late.
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dougie wrote:
I'm not concerned with this right now. Now I have to worry about someone flat out lying and posting baloney numbers with no proof on GH1. (EDIT: And it looks like you do too.)

Yes, I've PM'd JCirri about it already. I swear a week doesn't go by without at least one fake score going up, and it's getting to be a pain. Unless proof was required, there's really no way around it, though, and that would alienate a lot of people that may not be able to supply proof.
Dougie  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, I could almost understand, as it was only a few points. It still should be documented, but it could well be legitimate. However, I had a problem with a fellow submitting a number almost four THOUSAND points higher.
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dougie wrote:
You have to be absolutely perfect to get 81,452 on I Wanna Be Sedated on Easy

Well your route must not have been perfect because I just got 81,556. Now I'm getting rolling with that system. I see exactly what you mean about select, and you're just going to have to adapt. On GH1, it activates immediately, so that you can strum with it basically, but on 2 it does delay by a millisecond I guess because you need to delay the strum a little.
ChainsawSolo  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Note chart typo Reply with quote

Something that confused me for a while until I paid closer attention to it:
The note chart seems to have an extra gray bar right at the beginning of the song (measure 3) for no reason at all.
I used to count that as a SP until I looked closer and realized the notes weren't star shaped...double-checked the song and sure enough it seems to be some kind of typo in the map. Sometimes its the simple stuff that trips you up. I know I did. Now I am super paranoid about checking all note charts against the actual song for mistakes in the SP sections because I'm OCD like that.

(edit) Holy smokes, 1st forum post ever! Lurking streak has been broken, I suppose.
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Note chart typo Reply with quote

ChainsawSolo wrote:
Something that confused me for a while until I paid closer attention to it:
The note chart seems to have an extra gray bar right at the beginning of the song (measure 3) for no reason at all.
I used to count that as a SP until I looked closer and realized the notes weren't star shaped...double-checked the song and sure enough it seems to be some kind of typo in the map. Sometimes its the simple stuff that trips you up. I know I did. Now I am super paranoid about checking all note charts against the actual song for mistakes in the SP sections because I'm OCD like that.

(edit) Holy smokes, 1st forum post ever! Lurking streak has been broken, I suppose.

Yeah they included the SP from the other difficulties over onto this one...that, I think, is one of the main reasons people are so confused about the SP path.

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout At The Devil (Easy):
http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shoutatthedevilguitareaiw7.png

I've decided to do some of these...let me know if I get all the notes in there!

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're first activation lasts a little too long
Otherwise looks good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Easy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: