ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Symphony Of Destruction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riz  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Also, whammying for roughly 2 measures (~7.5 to 8 beats depending on your whammying prowess) can get you a half bar, 3 measures will get you 3/4 bar, and so on.

Well... not quite.

First off, wammying an appropriate number of beats (7.5-8 as mentioned above) will get you 1/4 of a bar of bonus star power... when added to the 1/4 bar you get from completing the star power combo, that would be 1/2, etc.

Secondly, wammying addons to star power are based solely on beats, and there doesn't necessarily need to be 4 beats per measure, so it wouldn't necessarily take two measures. A song in 7/8 time (7 beats to the measure, 8th note is 1 beat) you could get almost the 1/4 bar of bonus star power from a single measure. The only song which leaps immediately to mind in GH1 to which this applies is *Trippolette (which is 7/8), which isn't exactly a good example, but I'm sure there are others. A song in 6/8 would be similar, taking only slightly longer than a measure to get 1/4 bar of bonus star power. Conversely, if the song was in 2/4 or 3/4 time, it would take more than 2 measures to get the extra 1/4 bar of star power. This will no doubt become a much more important distinction to remember with GH2, which will probably have more songs with unusual time signatures. Note that time signatures can, and do, change in the middle of songs, just to add more fun to keeping track of this stuff.

To repeat from the scoring faq: Wammying gained = beats. Star power used = measures (all the stuff that emptyset wrote above about usage... 1/2 bar = 4 measures, etc, is exactly right. In both cases, this is regardless of how many measures it takes to get an appropriate number of beats (for gaining) and regardless of how many beats are in the measure when using. ie... regardless of time signature).

Riz.

edit: speeling

Last edited by Riz on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this isn't really relevant to the point you're trying to make, Riz, but i think Trippolette is in 7/4 time.
Riz  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could well be... I don't have a codebreaker, so I've (unfortunately) never played it (cause man, is that an awesome song)... I just know it's 7/something, which, as you say, is the only thing that matters to the point at hand.
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, trippolette is one crazy song.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:

Secondly, wammying addons to star power are based solely on beats, and there doesn't necessarily need to be 4 beats per measure, so it wouldn't necessarily take two measures. A song in 7/8 time (7 beats to the measure, 8th note is 1 beat) you could get almost the 1/4 bar of bonus star power from a single measure. The only song which leaps immediately to mind in GH1 to which this applies is *Trippolette (which is 7/8), which isn't exactly a good example, but I'm sure there are others. A song in 6/8 would be similar, taking only slightly longer than a measure to get 1/4 bar of bonus star power. Conversely, if the song was in 2/4 or 3/4 time, it would take more than 2 measures to get the extra 1/4 bar of star power. This will no doubt become a much more important distinction to remember with GH2, which will probably have more songs with unusual time signatures. Note that time signatures can, and do, change in the middle of songs, just to add more fun to keeping track of this stuff.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was speaking in terms of a 4/4 song but it's the beats that matter, not necessarily the measures as far as whammying goes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the SP strategy that I used to net me a 7th place score. I think that it's the solo that stops people from getting amazing scores.

Symphony Of Destruction

I still have found no use for the last SP...maybe Echelar can figure that one out...
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks close if you use 3 SPs in the slow part.. then use the last two together. You'd need to count to be sure, but it's an idea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go get ES to try it out for me.
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn't tell, because i had a crappy run through in the solo, but still managed to get 204k. i'm sure it might be alittle better if i got what i can.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crappy run = 99% of solo notes hit
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:
crappy run = 99% of solo notes hit

Haha, that is what I was thinking... ES=way too good (don't worry Krimsun, I think the same about you)
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can 100% this solo I will start a religion and you will be worshipped by many.

MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
If someone can 100% this solo I will start a religion and you will be worshipped by many.

I've FC'ed the ending(Last 5 measures), FC'ed the middle once, but the beginning part is the only hard part to FC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrQuiet3 wrote:
I've FC'ed the ending(Last 5 measures), FC'ed the middle once, but the beginning part is the only hard part to FC.

That's amazing. Yea, the beginning is rediculous but I'm sure you and ES will have it down soon ;)

popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get up to the BOBYRG part, then usually i miss a few notes through the middle part of the solo, and i can get the last few measures most of the time. But a FC is still far away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: