ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
All of This
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: All of This Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Zillatron  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have tips for the solo the part that goes

GY RY RY GY RY RY or something like that

and it goes on for a while
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are triplets
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zillatron wrote:
anyone have tips for the solo the part that goes

GY RY RY GY RY RY or something like that

and it goes on for a while

You know, I've been thinking about this for a while now. Most of the time, I would always have 1 on G, 2 on R, and 3 on Y. But now, it sounds like something else may need to come in.

I don't have the game right now, so I can't try this, but maybe try using 1 on G and R and keep 3 held down on Y the entire time. That way, you don't have to worry about bringing one finger up just in time to bring the other down and you can just slide it.

Like I said, I've never tried this before, but logically it should be easier than having a 123. Ooo...that's kinda cool...a 123....That's what I'm gonna call having 1 on G, 2 on R, and 3 on Y for now on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got that part of the solo last night. The key is really nailing the solo up into that triplet chord part (keeping the 4x), and then nailing the last three phrases on the way out.

To do that, I keep my ring finger on Y the whole time and change 1 and 2 in rhythm. It's good to remember your index finger always hits green on every downbeat:

Also, work on hitting the note leading into it. There's a little pause after the SP leading into the triplets, then the single green note before the riff. I kept missing that but once I hit it, I maintained 4x into the really hard part of the solo before I butchered it, and basically added another 10K to my score.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
I finally got that part of the solo last night. The key is really nailing the solo up into that triplet chord part (keeping the 4x), and then nailing the last three phrases on the way out.

To do that, I keep my ring finger on Y the whole time and change 1 and 2 in rhythm. It's good to remember your index finger always hits green on every downbeat:

Also, work on hitting the note leading into it. There's a little pause after the SP leading into the triplets, then the single green note before the riff. I kept missing that but once I hit it, I maintained 4x into the really hard part of the solo before I butchered it, and basically added another 10K to my score.

Wow, that makes a lot of sense keeping your third finger on yellow the whole time. Now I feel silly. Maybe I can wait until the end of the song till I get completely pwned now.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Kronkk37  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any star power tips for this song? I end up with extra at some points and I figure I must be doing something wrong.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..."
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronkk37 wrote:
Does anyone have any star power tips for this song? I end up with extra at some points and I figure I must be doing something wrong.

Check out Echelar's hard video. I don't know if it's the best for expert, but it's definitely a good starting point.
Ral  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Echelar's hard video.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the GY RY fast chord measures in the solo. Too hard. Ugh.

Kronkk37  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now watched the Echelar video. Thanks to everyone for suggesting it, that was just what I needed.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..."
KeithtieK  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Echelar's video still up there? Because I looked and I can't find it.
I'm having trouble with score my best is 170k and everytime i try it now i can only get 160k
5 Star Hangar 18 and Freebird
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iq730sFrOIA
there you go. for me, there was a wall i couldn't pass because i couldnt get higher than 168 000. then i had a lucky run and got 185 000 i believe. the thing that really brings up your score is getting the star power in the solo that is after the fast chord part. if you can get that, use Echelar's SP path, you can kick ass.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really only applies if you can hit the, um, entire solo...but if you activate immediately after getting 2 SPs at the solo right before the series of GY RY RY repeating chords, and keep your combo, there are huge points to be had. I had a run of the song with 1 missed note with Echelar's strategy (which is uniquely best for Hard), and it was 11,000 off of ES' FC run. That's too much. However, I've been trying it lately with this tweak, and I'm getting around the same score each time with more mistakes, so I'm guessing that strategy has the potential to be better (obviously without breaking combo after the chords).

But if you're not looking for a FC, then yes, that's the appropriate strategy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could PROBABLY FC it if it wasn't for those chords in the solo...
But thanks for the link of the video, I'll have to put guitar hero back in my ps2 to try it out, but I've been hooked on GH2, Twlight Princess, and Gears of War, so it might be a while lol
5 Star Hangar 18 and Freebird
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: