ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Killing in the Name
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Killing in the Name Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having trouble with all of the double strumming here? I can't tell if I'm strumming too fast or too slow, so I lose my combo frequently...
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't double strum until the solo...and the fast chords.

If that's where you're doing it...then the notes are triplets. If this means nothing to you then I'll try to explain it...

If you look at the note chart you'll see there are 3 notes in between every line/bar or beat. The solid black lines are the measures, and the lighter lines in between the lines are the beats.

So you should hit 3 notes every beat...some people find it helpful to say triplet or elephant...since it has 3 syllables...

So Trih-Pull-Et or El-Eh-Fant in between each line...start in practice mode on slower to get used to it then speed it up...while you're playing pay attention to the measure and beat lines that scroll with the notes.

EDIT: My bad...they're 16th triplets...but it doesn't make a difference. Instead of 3 notes every beat, its just 3 notes every half beat. The same goes for saying Trih-Pull-Et or El-Eh-Fant, just make sure you're hitting 3 between each line.
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not that important, but the last note in the note chart is wrong. It should be a BO chord instead of YB. I've played this song many times and know for sure.
ed311  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone have a sp path for this one?
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I use:

KitN Path
ed311  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
This is what I use:

KitN Path
thanks ill give it shot pretty much the same as me execept for the very end
Samson007  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that star path.

I dont play this song much, but following this path I was able to get 440K out of this song on my first try. Mr. Green
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm using that path as well, but for some reason, I have a total block for the huge chord build with the SP phrase at the end. I rarely keep a combo going for more than a measure (which probably costs me about 50-80K), and then I always screw up that SP phrase (which probably costs me another 40k). If I could FC that section, I'd probably tack 100k onto my score.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember the chord section is the same rhythm as the Solo section. It might help, also pay attention to the note stream ahead of your fret buttons, if you see black space between the note you struck and the note you're about to hit, then you're going too fast. If you see the notes you're hitting BELOW your fret buttons then you're going too slow. Adjust accordingly but don't freak out and lose your combo ;)
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
Just remember the chord section is the same rhythm as the Solo section. It might help, also pay attention to the note stream ahead of your fret buttons, if you see black space between the note you struck and the note you're about to hit, then you're going too fast. If you see the notes you're hitting BELOW your fret buttons then you're going too slow. Adjust accordingly but don't freak out and lose your combo ;)

exactly what I do

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing how a few beers can really make a guy play better.

After passing Jordan for the first time I had a few celebration beers with some friends who have been waiting to see me pass that song sinse the game came out.

I go ahead and try this song. I even messed up the star power path and missed an entire star power usage, and still came out with 480K.

God I love this song.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
If you see the notes you're hitting BELOW your fret buttons then you're going too slow. Adjust accordingly but don't freak out and lose your combo ;)
Sage advice. Staying ever so slightly behind the beat is a great method of keeping a combo in these seemingly rhythm-less sections of chords...the same approach works well in the outro to Psychobilly Freakout, as well.
Samson007 wrote:
Its amazing how a few beers can really make a guy play better. I go ahead and try this song. I even messed up the star power path and missed an entire star power usage, and still came out with 480K.
Funny you mentioned that, since that's the exact same experience I had with this song. Substitute 'a few beers' with 'half a bucket of instant margarita' and I went from missing 15-20 notes each run to less than five. In fact, one of my drunker runs only technically had one missed note (not counting overstrums in the noise build), but forget about precise SP execution when you're that lit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a different SP strat, but I can't tell if it's better or not. I can't keep a streak in the speed up part with all the oranges, but its gotten me 494k with 2 stupid misses.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you don't mind sharing it, I'd be more than happy to try it out for you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: