ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Psychobilly Freakout
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Psychobilly Freakout Reply with quote

Note Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
DemonixX  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed them both first try but I'm in the mindset where I'm obsessed with getting 5 stars on everything so it's not that reassuring.

Anyone have any tips for SP use? My score is so erratic. I get 140 or 150k often but often I'll get like 110 or 120. o__O I need to get more consistent with star power.

(I'm starting to work out a strategy)
eman2101  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonixX wrote:
I passed them both first try but I'm in the mindset where I'm obsessed with getting 5 stars on everything so it's not that reassuring.

Anyone have any tips for SP use? My score is so erratic. I get 140 or 150k often but often I'll get like 110 or 120. o__O I need to get more consistent with star power.

(I'm starting to work out a strategy)

Although not optimal the safest way to get a lot of points with star power imo is to use it so that you can get all the RO and the alternating RB YO chords under star power at x8 and have it run out before the SP right after that.
jaygazm  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song can go to hell and die.

How do people do the RB YO alternating sections? Do you move your hand and keep your fingers in place, or do you do it all with your fingers?

My fingers won't move that way and I can't get the hand movement down. I just need to practice but wondered what others did.
donutz0r  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just move my hand back and forth. I tried switching fingers each time, but I would get mixed up frequently.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP Question.

Do more of you tend to use your SP during the alternating chord section? If that's the case it usually overlaps with the SP that comes right after the chords finish alternating...is that just a sacrifice everyone is willing to make?
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
SP Question.

Do more of you tend to use your SP during the alternating chord section? If that's the case it usually overlaps with the SP that comes right after the chords finish alternating...is that just a sacrifice everyone is willing to make?
no thats a bad idea. but it should be used well enough before the section so it runs out at the end of said section to get the other star power.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
SP Question.

For the first one, I make it so it runs out and then I get the holds. The second one I just activate on the chords and miss the holds. The third one I don't activate on and save it for the ending
emptyset  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
SP Question.

I'm actually going to post something related to star power in a star power strategy forum! Look closely kids, watch:

As far as the first verse goes, I activate a measure before the RO chord SP phrase, and include that in my activation with the alternating chords. It runs out before the YB-BO-YB-RY-YB-RY-etc. star power, which is important since it gets you almost a full bar with whammying.

My next activation actually skips the next two SP phrases in order to get the most notes in. Activate during the chord parts you're most comfortable hitting, either at the fast YB-BO chords or later in the phrase, just so it runs out before the next SP. Those two SP phrases you skip over really don't matter since there's no time for an activation, and you'll get a full SP out of the phrase following the alternating chords anyway.

As far as the fast chord outro goes, if you can hit it, save your SP for that. If not (and I sure can't hit it), again, use your SP starting at the fast B-BO-BO-BO chord section and ending with the alternating chords.

Keep in mind, in no way is this an optimal strategy at all, but it makes the most of getting points out of the parts that I'm capable of hitting. In fact, someone should help me out and post another strategy, instead, one for those that can hit almost EVERY part.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SP CHARTS BATMAN!

Btw, I'm not entirely sure on the exact timing of the 2nd activation, but it is somewhere in tht genereal area

emptyset  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that, Pope, I just have one nitpick. Since your last activation only really covers 4 measures worth of chords, you don't need all three SPs for it. I'd actually activate halfway through measure 74 instead of 72, and that would skip over the SP in measure 77, but you'd get two measures (25 notes) under SP before it runs out at the next phrase. With the SP at measure 79 + the SP with whammies at measures 96/97, you'll have the same amount of SP at the end for the outro. At worst, you lose that chord at m73 and maybe one sustained note, but for 25 extra notes it's worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Star Path Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
HOLY SP CHARTS BATMAN!

Btw, I'm not entirely sure on the exact timing of the 2nd activation, but it is somewhere in tht genereal area

Awesome, thanks a lot for that SP chart Pope. Now maybe I can finally get over 100k points on this song....
Sully  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually working on this song in Hard, but it's so similar to expert that I figured I'd ask a few questions here.

Firstly, thanks to popemobile for the SP map and to emptyset for the observations. I had been using SP slightly differently and I'll definitely adjust to your suggestions the next time I play.

With that said, how much extra star power is to be gotten by whammying in measures 96 and 97? I've never tried to whammy there as the sustains are short and I'm more concerned with not losing my multiplier.

Also, Solo A (measure 77-80) is giving me the hardest time. In Hard, there's one less Blue note which actually makes it harder for me to play it (the "rest" throws off my strumming). I can hit it when I slow it down, but it's just so fast at normal speed that I can only hit it for SP occasionally. I've generally played without having the star power from those areas, so I guess I just need to practice it some more as the SP is clearly needed for score purposes.

Finally, has anyone actually spent time to try to FC this song in Hard? I see nobody has done so but it also appears that echelar hasn't given it his full attention.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
AvocadoRivalry  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else here have a problem with the second SP? The one that goes OOBBYYBBOOBB RO...I can't get it no matter what I do. I'm fine with all the other runs where it's two of one color and then it moves like what happens right before it and after it, but for the life of me I can't get that one. It really screws up my SP path and I can't understand why I can't get it. Hell, I nail the solo in YRGM more than I get this...I thought it might be the HO/PO bug, but I reset and kept quitting instead of retrying, and no luck...Any suggestions or people who have this problem would be appreciatied.
JW2  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
HOLY SP CHARTS BATMAN!

I was totally clueless for SP on this song, but now I have 272k. I missed 12 notes and wasn't 8x for the entire ending so there is room for more points. Thanks for the chart.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powfordamage PSN Name: powfordamage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: