ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Less Talk More Rokk
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Less Talk More Rokk Reply with quote

Note Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay - first person in this thread just to proclaim the sheer awesomeness of this song, and how much fun it is to play
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Suitata  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOPO-RIFIC!
Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hand dies at the outro, but I managed to pass it with the rock meter in the red zone. Thank god for the HO/PO's.

Last edited by Metalmuppet on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
flibitboat  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its hard, but i can pass the song without going in the red zone. but this is the best song on the game.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is the song FAQ thread, I'll give away a little secret I've been hoarding...

SP activation seems pretty simple to me - you activate at the start of every fast section - however, there is one little trick I've found which can net you about another 3-5K points:

On the last "slow" section, there are two GY chords which give SP (right at the beginning). Whammy both of those fully, and you can have an SP activation. Activate that SP pretty much straight after, and you can pick up a little more score on that section. There are another 4 SPs (2 in the slow section, 2 in the fast bit at the end) - activate after the 4th one!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Samson007  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song gives me a lot of trouble.

I have a real hard time doing HO/PO's when going up the scale like in this song. So what I have resorted to doing is just using one finger and dragging it up the scale.

I got to 97% and then failed using this technique. Any suggestions?
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably in your best interest to just learn to use your fingers...can't say it enough without making somebody sick...but practice practice practice.

I will have to say for the most part that my pinky is mentally disabled...so I tend to slide my index finger and use my middle/ring for the rest of it.

In this songs case...when it starts on GRYB, I hit 1123...but if it descends farther then I throw the pinky in there to hit the O. Depends what makes you most comfortable.
Galiath25  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough I have trouble at the slow parts than the rest of the song. It takes me like 15 tries just to get up to speed without missing something. After that I get like 99% of the notes.
Mordred  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love playing this song, but I'm having a hard time believing the note chart! I would swear that the outro is faster than the other parts. I can do the main fast sections with about ~95% accuracy, but for some reason my brain/hand gets tired and I'm around 60% for the outro. I was hoping it was just faster and my timing was off but apparently I don't have the stamina. I doesn't seem any harder than the last fast section, I just suck apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a stamina issue - the first time i played this song (at Huwonks house), I was getting horribly tired near the end.

I highly recommend that people work on strengthening their pinky finger for this song - sliding is never a good option - the only time I "slide" in this song is when it goes GRYBO (and that's fingered 1 1 2 3 4)

Oh - another little tip, is that what initially helped me to get decent at the slow part at the beginning was to downstrum everything up until the second SP notes - once you have those, then downstrumming doesn't work so well, as it is starting to get a little quick, but by that stage the beat should make sense!
Mordred  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think it's just a tiredness thing too. The outro is 32 measures long where all but the first fast part (which isn't that fast) are 16 measures. I think I just start breaking down.

I've got pretty good pinky strength, but I do know sometimes when I'm playing catch up towards the end, I'm forced to slide on the with the pinky instead of the index finger. The problem is, it's not just those parts I'm messing up on. I seem lucky to hit anything not on the green or red frets during the outro which was why I thought the speed was still increasing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got through this one today.

It was a pathetic 117k 3 star effort, but I was pretty happy. This being one of the 3 songs left for me to beat.

Did Six on my first try right after this, leaving Jordan as the last song for me to finish.
hoosyourdaddy33  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone actually strum out all of these notes??? I use hammer ons for the entire thing and i couldnt imagine haveing to actually double strum this song, especially bc it is much easier to do HO/POs in GHII than GHI
Shin  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed Quackadilly's example and tried it by strumming every other note. It works great, got me a 5-star.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: