ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Frankenstein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use POs on that and I can usually hit them. They are in the same rhythm as the YBRG in the main part. It's 1-la-le-2, like triplets. So strum them faster than you strum the rest of the part, then right after, strum 8ths again. I'm not sure how else to explain it. I finger those 3211, if that helps.

BTW did the BatM fingering help at all? Or the chart?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
I don't use POs on that and I can usually hit them. They are in the same rhythm as the YBRG in the main part. It's 1-la-le-2, like triplets. So strum them faster than you strum the rest of the part, then right after, strum 8ths again. I'm not sure how else to explain it. I finger those 3211, if that helps.

Um, I've only played BatM twice since you gave it to me. I think it's helped. I got 326k and 328k the two times I played it (which were a lot higher than when I play my first BatM song usually). I did better on the second solo than usual, but I still do 431 sometimes instead of 321 on the BYG part. It's hard to change.

1226.png
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:

Um, I've only played BatM twice since you gave it to me. I think it's helped. I got 326k and 328k the two times I played it (which were a lot higher than when I play my first BatM song usually). I did better on the second solo than usual, but I still do 431 sometimes instead of 321 on the BYG part. It's hard to change.

You have to really fan your hand out to be able to get it smoothly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Hopefully that's sooner than later though. The 3211 part for Frankenstein should help though. I've been doing it 4321, and I thought it might be easier 3211. With you saying it, I think it might help because we usually seem to have somewhat similar playing practices.

1226.png
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
I need help

Anyone have any good tips for the descending sixteenth note part about 10 seconds before the long trill? (the BYRG BYRG BYRG BYRG part). I just can't do that part (only gotten it once in all the times I've played Frank).

Also, how many points do the top players have before the solo starts? And for that matter, after the solo? And how much of the trill do you usually get?

Ok, that's enough for now.

I alt strum the BYRG part with 3211 as well.

If I remember correctly, I've gotten 176k before the keyboard solo, and 210k after. I get most of the trill, but it goes too fast for me to keep a combo. I've only tried to alt strum it, but if I just HO/PO that might work better because I don't have to concentrate on strumming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten the entire first part of the trill just using hopos, and I've also come out of the trill with a 3x. HOPOs work awesome if you know how fast to hit the button.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone explain the end of the song to me. When the chords first start after the song is basically over, I cannot get the rhythm down. Is it normal and i am jsut screwing it up or is it a bit funky.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the chart it says it's 8th notes, but I'm pretty sure I don't strum 8th notes. I just strum what I'm used to...what I think it is is that the tempo is increasing at that part. Can anyone confirm this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, playing this on expert is sooo much fun....then you go back to hard and it's really boring :/

EDIT: Btw, anyone having trouble with the BYRG part, what I do (and it seems to be very consistent once you get it down) is strum 3 times rolling my 321 fingers then strumming the 3rd time on G with 1....what it seems to be doing is POing the BY then playing the R, then playing the G....I've been doing this since I started playing this song (and I was terrible then) before I even got 5*

And also I've noticed with the "8th notes" at the end that if you time your strums the same speed as you would with the two chords at the very beginning of the song and just keep that main rhythm in your head then it should help A LOT. So no, I am positive that the speed is not increasing there (assuming we are talking about the R-B chords and then the Y-O chords).
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any advice for the solo here? I usually pass it without star power, but I would like to get a decent multiplier here without the fear of failing the song. What's easier, double strum the whole thing, or use HOPO's and hope to God they work?

For anyone who knows Dattebayo17, his Texas Flood score was done by me just so he could be guitar God on expert...
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the beginning of the solo i just strum as fast as i can (i downstrum everything) and press the colored buttons. But i actually have somewhat of a strategy for all of the scaling 3-note groups. If you keep your finger on the lowest note i.e. Green for the BRG's, then just strum twice and let up off of the red after the second strum (strum, strum, let up). This kinda combines strumming and POs. I used this strategy in one run and actually FCed everything beginning with these types of notes (in the solo).
KeithtieK  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is making me mad -.- I swear I was about 200 points off from 5 starring it.
So close
yet so far
5 Star Hangar 18 and Freebird
KeithtieK  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just kidding
I finally 5 starred it
Starting a full bar of SP at the beginning of the YO chords near the end of the song really helps
boosts me from 122k--->176k
5 Star Hangar 18 and Freebird
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. I get most of the solo, so all I need to do is make less mistakes on the easy stuff. 254K and going up!
beberle2  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an sp path but i don't know how to get all of the note chart and those squares that show you where to do it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: