ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Breaking Wheel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echelar  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really bother me either way, but when I hear him talk about "I was working on that [ace of spades expert 100%] too" or "I can do the solo [in ziggy stardust / expert] perfectly", I kinda expect to see him in the top dozen or so.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
It doesn't really bother me either way, but when I hear him talk about "I was working on that [ace of spades expert 100%] too" or "I can do the solo [in ziggy stardust / expert] perfectly", I kinda expect to see him in the top dozen or so.

Here let me explain some things...

Ace of Spades: Said i was working on it, i never said i got it

Ziggy Stardust: Just the fast part, not the triplets i'll never be able to do those...

And plus, i have no clue when to use SP at the right times...so my score will drop greatly and you won't see me up there...that explain things a little bit?
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats my only problem, when to use the SP I think I do rather well with the playing, but choose the wrong times for star power
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:

there, i got rank 11 for you got another thing comin', but i'll try and post more...
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could 100% this song if I just understood the strum pattern for the opening/after the bridge (plus build my consistency during the main riffs). I can do the GGG OOO Y R B, but I can't do the GGG OOO YY RR BB. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I am just keeping the same strumming pattern. Am I supposed to play them like triplets? Like GGG OOO YYR RBB?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the tempo in the 2nd part is a little bit slower than the tempo at the beginning. Try slowing down just a tad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
I could 100% this song if I just understood the strum pattern for the opening/after the bridge (plus build my consistency during the main riffs). I can do the GGG OOO Y R B, but I can't do the GGG OOO YY RR BB. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I am just keeping the same strumming pattern. Am I supposed to play them like triplets? Like GGG OOO YYR RBB?

One: Hooray, I finally DID 100% this song after a month or two of working on it on and off.

Two: To answer your question, I play the GGG OOO YY RR BB part at even tempo. In fact, I play all the notes for the majority of the song at the same tempo because note speed doesn't change drastically (to my knowledge) for quicker parts. It just changes measure length (GGG OOO YY RR BB being 6/8 and the GY chords after being 4/8).

If you just work on maintaining consistant strumming (up/down works best for me...can't imagine just down/upstrumming this whole song) then this song is much easier. The only really tricky part is at the third RRR YYY GGG BBB (etc) part, where near the end the strumming will get off slightly from the song. Work really hard on maintaining your strumming through those parts and try to latch back onto it as soon as you enter the Reds again.

Also, for the record, Echelar's SP path seems to be the best.
random  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f0rdpr3fect wrote:
In fact, I play all the notes for the majority of the song at the same tempo because note speed doesn't change drastically (to my knowledge) for quicker parts.

That's interesting, because I had quite the opposite experience. I felt like after I got to a certain level, almost every mistake I made was due to me not adjusting to a slight tempo change, and that I had to memorize exactly where they all were and consciously speed up or slow down to finally get 100%. I think if you learn what to listen for, you may automatically adjust timing without having to think about it as much as I did.

Now that VGSPlayer has the BPM display, it's easy to see where the tempo changes are, so that may help.

As far as SP goes, yeah I think Echelar's is best. The trick is getting an extra chord at each activation, which is pretty hard to do consistently. I think I could have gotten 3-4 more chords if I'd been perfect. But you have to be pretty gutsy to try and squeeze chords after the first couple of verses on this song
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips guys. I did manage to bring up my score to 293K from 277K. After playing it more than a few times in a row, the notes start running together. I'll try again tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: can't keep a combo Reply with quote

This song is bugging me.......

I can't seem to keep a combo, and I can't hit the Star Power all the time when I really need to hit it.

Still I've got 196576 points, but I'd like to 5 star all the Expert songs.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally 5*ed this song... I wish I was as good as JCirri though....jerk! ;)
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most I can get is 219,xxx! I must play the song identically everytime because I always get this score! Man this song is frustrating the hell out of me. I can play the part with the fast GY chords, but its just the lines of single notes at the beginning and toward the end that murder me.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing about this song is that it wears your arm out, I barely 5*ed it with 257,000+... this song for lack of better words, is a bitch.

What I suggest for the beginning single notes though is getting the rhythm of them in your head, then just unplug your controller and "sing" the song out loud while practicing your alternate strumming with it. It sounds weird but it helped me.
Dandaman  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:

no you play them at the exact same strumming speed, just continue strumming at the same speed as the GGG OOO for the YY RR BB and you should hit them
catfish7  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is being able to nail this song hereditary or something, because I practice it every day and I've gotten really good at 4*ing it. I always amass right around 220,000 no matter what I miss/get. WTF IS MY PROBLEM?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: