ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Beatmania US release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDM  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
However, they aren't sure if they are going to track the US release of beatmania, and if they do, they won't assign proper US grades to the scores you submit (since the US release will use different cutoffs for letter grades then the JP versions)

Remy has said that he will support the US version to the best of his ability. Coding a seperate mode to track scores using the ridiculously easy US cutoffs has already been done, so there's that too. Wait and see, in any case, before assuming it won't happen.
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, we've already figured out the cutoffs are for the US grades?
JDM  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, OPM had a demo of beatmania on the DVD this month and folks have figured it out from there, so. Even so, what would be the point of another score-tracking website for the same game, even if the cutoffs were different? The socring system outside of what rank the game gives you after a song is identical to every version of IIDX released so far outside of the US. The idea of making a new score site strikes me as redundant.
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making one because I feel like it. I doubt it will be as good as VJArmy, but who cares? Besides, I need the practice for making webpages and using databases.

By the way, what were the cutoffs for the US letter grades?
Atremains  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting, is this worth spending the money, or should i just stick with Guitar Hero for now?
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm totally stoked for BMUSA's release, which i assume is tomorrow and i'm gonna be the first person on my block with it.....but then again, i'm probably the only person on the block who even knows that Beatmania is......but anyways, the fact still reamains taht i'm getting the game, and it's gonna kick major league anus
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the release tomorrow? I thought it got delayed to the 28th.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atremains wrote:
Looks interesting, is this worth spending the money, or should i just stick with Guitar Hero for now?

Its hard to say. Before the US release, people who were new to the game had to put up wth an extremely steep learning curvefor about a week before they could play a decent number of songs; however, the US release is much more beginner friendly. I would say definately check it out; if you're not sure whether to get it or not, try to see if anyone you know is going to get it, and try it with them first. I, on the other hand, will definately be getting this game.

According to gamefaqs, the bundle comes out the 28th, while the game itself comes out on the 30th.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw somewhere, i forget exactly where, that it comes out today. and konami isn't very exact with their release date, saying simpley "spring 2006" the punks
Atremains  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Before the US release, people who were new to the game had to put up wth an extremely steep learning curvefor about a week before they could play a decent number of songs; however, the US release is much more beginner friendly.

Learning = absolutely no problem for me, but this beginner friendly thing, hopefully not too beginner friendly.
I guess what im asking is, is it worth the money? will it hold my appeal?
i was a huge fan of amplitude, and now guitar hero, ive tried ddr but havent gotten a chance to get into it yet.
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Matt  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game definately has its hard songs... Colors [another] and V [another] are both extremely hard. I've been playing for about 6 months now, fairly often, and I am up to passing mostly 8's and a few 9's (using the 12 point scale from 12th style). And by "passing" I mean mostly with C's and the occasion B. I still haven't AAA'd anything other then 5.1.1. on light, which is the easiest song in the game on 7keys :p

The 2 things they did to make it beginner friendly is more easy songs, and they lowered the criteria for games. It used to be you needed 8/9 or the highest possible score for a AAA, 7/8 for a AA, 6/9 for an A, etc, but its less now (I don't know by how much).
blah  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAs are now 6/9 on BM US and AAs are 5/9... basically, the cut offs have all dropped by two ranks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 ranks? Holy crap.

That means you can't get an F (unless you get that for failing).

Well, I'm ready to AAA V[a] :p
When I get the scoretracking site up, I will have an option to display JP rankings, or US rankings. That way you could get a US AAA and still have a ways to go to #1.
blah  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You CAN get an F... you just have to get all goods or lower. Sadly, an F will now be much harder to get than a AAA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So an F is 0 EX points?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: