ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"Fixing" Hangar 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheezo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: "Fixing" Hangar 18 Reply with quote

Since I'm sure that more people are getting their hands on GHII lately, more and more people will start noticing the glaring flaw in Hangar 18: The co-op mode is lead/bass! One of the finest guitar duels in history is now played by just ONE person, while the other strums that (comparatively) lame bassline. I was thinking about this and I wonder, is it possible to fix? I came up with a solution (sorta) but it depends on a number of things, so stop me if any of my assumptions are wrong:

1) The guitar, bass and the rest of the track are seperate audio streams.
2) It is possible to edit these streams, their note patterns, and change the bass track to be a guitar.

If those are possible, then I think it is possible to fix Hangar 18 (not to imply that HMX "broke" it). Here is how I imagine it being fixed:

1) Merge the bass track into the backing track (drums, vox, whatever else is in there)
2) Duplicate the guitar track into a second track, splitting the solos up between the two tracks where Marty and Dave trade off solos at the end and having the guitarist who isn't soloing do the rhythm.
3) Inject this into the game (unfortunately, only those with a method of booting their own backups would be able to run this)

I understand that Riff has succeeded in putting his own custom tracks into the song, so perhaps he (or somebody else, of course) could share their thoughts as to whether or not this is possible.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's possible, just don't know if it's worth it. If you do this sort of thing, it would only be for yourself, you wouldn't be able to share the midi with everyone else because the majority of said midi would still be the proerty of Harmonix/RedOctane.

I'm pretty sure that only the lead and the bass guitar have their own streams within the .vgs, the other guitar is probably mixed in with the backing track with the rest of the instruments. So you won't be able to isolate the rhythm track.

A lot of the coop stuff actually isn't very fun to play, I can definately see now why John Tam said that the focus is still on the lead guitar. I still see it as a good addition, I just don't think they spent as much time on it as they should have.
alvarado6411  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Someone please do this!!! The vocals on hangar 18 are awful, the only thing that would make me happy is if they made a lead and rhythm part in hangar 18. I want to be dave and my brother wants to be marty. Please someone do this!!!!
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ou wouldn't be able to share the midi with everyone else because the majority of said midi would still be the proerty of Harmonix/RedOctane.

If you want it done, you'll likely have to do it yourself, as I've said before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: